Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan and Harry Interview (Mod Warning in First Post)

Options

Comments

Most likely Prince Philip!

First person who came to my mind, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I have no sympathy for anyone involved except the kids. Two incompatible worlds collided and as adults at their age both the royals and Megan should have seen all this coming. The palace was never ever going to compromise and Megan is a product of American society, warts and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,255 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Oh really? I don't follow it at all apart from knowing the brother will be king.

Does this not make them all look bad?

I think it makes Meghan look great, because according to some, she's the most powerful person in the world who managed to learn the entire intricacies and dynamics of the Royal Family from one trip to Buckingham Palace as a teen, felt her acting career wasn't going so well so decided it'd be easier to marry a member of the Royal Family and pull him out of the Royal Family to get a small Netflix deal rather than asking her agent to get her a better role, and is on the verge of destroying the entire Royal Family by manipulating the guy who is maybe 6th or 7th in line to the throne into marrying her and leaving the Royal Family because they were treated horribly and he had absolutely no say in any of it.

I mean, she's incredible tbh. One of the most powerful beings ever to exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’d like to know what the Archbishop makes of the secret wedding.

I think there’s a few people who deserve the right to reply to parts of the interview.
    when you go on tv for a big wad of cash you have no credibility in my eyes

I thought they didn’t get paid. Is that disputed?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I wonder how BP are going to respond? Twitter is speculating on every possible scenario from them saying nothing at all to pursuing legal action. I can’t see them just sitting back and taking these comments lightly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

I think there’s a few people who deserve the right to reply to parts of the interview.

I thought they didn’t get paid. Is that disputed?

You can’t put a price on the free PR and brand building that this interview has given them, it’s literally unobtainable with money. So no, they got paid no money but their tell all has been well rewarded

LillySV wrote: »
    Hahaha, too much avocado so

I’d say william smiles every day he wakes up beside that fine thing, Katie ! Has the looks, intelligent.. no bull****

Given she is such a fine thing you'd wonder why he cheats on her. Following Daddy's example. William is Charles son, through and through.

Harry is Diana's son, and now he is doing what she planned to do after she divorced Charles.

I remember watching Diana's funeral and noticed how William followed Charles lead while Harry looked furious, not sad.

I'm not one bit surprised his life turned out this way, in fact I predicted it as soon as the engagement to Megan was announced. I don't believe Harry is Megan's puppet or that she is the driving force behind him, at all.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm an American, living in California. And I think both sides have issues and both are out to get the best possible optics for themselves. I don't see anything wrong with this. If you're committed too strongly to one side or another, you're missing the simple enjoyment of watching the game play out. This is peak gossip escapism. Why does the British Royal Family still exist if not to give us tabloid fodder?

H&M hit the ball out of the park last night with Oprah. It was juicy but also just vague enough to keep us guessing. Who made the comments about Archie's skin tone? Phillip's too obvious and also almost dead so he has no reputation to protect - my money's on Charles or William. Also, Kate made Meghan cry during the wedding preparations? Glorious. I love a good switcheroo!

And how is the palace going to respond? I'm looking forward to it. I want them to drag out all 10 of the people who accused Meghan of bullying them and have a roundtable discussion.

This is 10lbs of horse crap in a 5lb bag, and it's been thrown from all sides.

It's going to be interesting playing out for sure!
    The think is, you've got someone who's barely in the Firm a wet week thinking she can control the narrative but going up against a Head of State and potentially doing permanent damage to a monarchy of a country is either very brave or very stupid. They've had centuries of practice of dealing with those who displease the monarch. Granted they can't hack off heads any more but the Queen is well versed in handling something without appearing to say a word about it. The courtiers are masters of spin, doing it for generations, and learned from centuries of predecessors of spin doctors.

The leaking of the bullying is an example of that. Due to the confidentiality agreements it's highly unlikely that people were named and stating specifics in the press without an offical or unofficial nod from the powers that be.

When you make big allegations, you need to be scrupulously honest or you are going to get caught out on the small stuff and in turn, that's going to cast doubt on the big stuff. And I think they are going to come off the worst in this round of skirmishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

My son is biracial. I'm white and his mam is from SE Asia. When we were expecting him, we sometimes wondered aloud what features he'd get from each of us. It's just part of expecting a baby - the excitement of wondering what the little bundle will be like.

There need not be any badness in the comment; if you're woke with a victim complex however, the tendency is to take great umbrage at every remark and revel in how righteous you deem yourself to be.

Wondering what the child will look like is different to being concerned about how dark the child will be. If a family member said to you while your partner was pregnant that they are concerned about how Asian your child will look, how would you take that? Not too well I imagine, don't think your partner would like that anyway. That's completely different to being curious what attributes they will inherent or what they will look like. Surely this is basic stuff. Mad it has to be explained. Being concerned implying it's a negative thing.

Concerned - worried, troubled, or anxious. For anyone still unsure what concerned means.

Now none of us were there so none of us can be sure if it was innocent as you think or if it was more sinister but you gave a false misrepresentation of what they alleged. Not everything is woke. I know its the new favourite buzz word of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

The only person who is a chump in this is Harry. If he cannot see he’s been played like a fiddle, he’s a big boy now. In a few years when media has lost interest in his “brand” and his pulling power has dissipated like other minor royals I fear Meg will cast him aside. He can then go back to the U.K. and open supermarkets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The monarch enjoys a close relationship to the Archbishop of Canterbury always.
    I think M&Hs allegation of being "married" three days earlier was taking a pop at the royal family to show they had a "secret" with this bishop.
    Even a kindergarten child knows a marriage is non binding without 2 witnesses or a register being signed.
    At best, they received a blessing from the archbishop but I think they've put him in an awkward position now too with the "firm".

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 54,630 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I knew this woman was a phoney the second I saw her.

Dangerous woman

Utterly obsessed with fame and attention..

As for Harry. Just very very odd..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

"This morning, I woke up earlier than H, and saw a note from someone on our team in the U.K. saying that the Duke of Edinburgh had gone to the hospital," Meghan, 39, told Oprah. "But I just picked up the phone and I called the Queen just to check in."

"That's what we do," she explained, "being able to default to not having to every moment go, 'Is that appropriate?' "

This kindness does not seem to apply to her own father! Reading more and seeing her double standards makes me doubt all she is saying!

Charles is his real dad. Harry looks just like a young Philip and even has more features in common with Charles than James Hewitt. The timeline also doesn’t match for Hewitt to be his father. People are hinging that theory on red hair which Diana’s brother also had.

I never ever got this Hewitt nonsense.

Harry is the grandfather, Philip through and through. Everything about him

Charles is absolutely the daddy...if not him, then Philip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

This was touted as a tell-all interview with nothing off limits.

The headline “reveal” pretty much sums up the interview. It is that someone in the family was worried about what the color of Archie’s skin might be. This was said to Harry and he informed Meghan of what was said. So, tell all. Who said that? When pressed for a name we get nothing but deflection as in “it would be too damaging to them”. How noble.

An interviewer with a tell all remit would have pressed for a name particularly with such a racist claim. It is an example of the victim playing deflective manipulation people can use i.e. if you confront them about the specifics of such a racist remark then you potentially run the risk of being deemed insensitive to the victim of that racist remark (an infant child). In lieu of naming that someone, the result is that everyone in the “firm” get’s broadly tarred with the same “racist” brush and it seems very deliberate and calculated in that way. She was suicidal? So if there is any response from the Palace what does it become? A racist institution still hounding a bullied and suicidal woman. That's the deal with narcissists. They invite you to play a game you simply can't win.

I think that’s all we need to know about the integrity and victim playing agenda on display here. It strikes me as a deliberate attempt to invoke the sensitive topic of race, to make a smear against the “institution” but when push comes to shove, tellingly, no actual names or specifics are revealed. The intended damage is done. It is not telling all and clearly some things were off limits such as naming names. The power of revealing would be lost if names were named but when we’re kept wondering then the power of that reveal is retained i.e. Was it Charles, William, Kate or the Queen herself? Or, is it, as many thought, the gaffe-prone 99 year old Prince gravely ill in hospital who has a history of making, pardon the pun, off-color embarrassing race remarks and socially is deemed a “content warning” because of his outdated outlook? Oprah had to clarify that it wasn't Prince Phillip or the Queen. She doesn't know to whom they were referring to with the remark and so the Sussexes game of “Guess who the racist is" continues. So, it's a case of sh*t or get off the pot. Say who said it, give some credibility to the accusation and allow the person to either explain or be accountable. I won't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My wife watches all this sh1te but to be honest who the fcuk cares

Your wife?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I wonder how BP are going to respond? Twitter is speculating on every possible scenario from them saying nothing at all to pursuing legal action. I can’t see them just sitting back and taking these comments lightly

I know that Queenie and co. usually “stiff upper lip” it but I suspect that they’ll want their say on a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

walshb wrote: »
    I knew this woman was a phoney the second I saw her.

Course you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well they better hope their career takes off because i suspect that bank of grandma is now closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Well they better hope their career takes off because i suspect that bank of grandma is now closed.

People on this thread are saying they’ve already been given 100 million dollars from Netflix !!

Mental If true

• Advertisement

She was earning 50k an episode for Suits as well as endorsements. Guess that doesn't count as a career taking off these days.

She shamelessly played two cards..

Mental Heath “I was suicidal” card?

Wtf? Suicidal? Was she living in torment for years or something? Part of a family all of a few fooking months...she got exactly what she set out to get, global fame...and here she is now looking for more attention spouting off utter garbage about being suicidal?

These people do nothing but a disservice to mental health

Then, goes on the race angle by claiming racism due to what she says was some comment by “someone.”

So what “if” someone actually passed comment...big deal...

What is the fuss here? And by throwing about this accusation she pretty much tarnished them all.

A vile woman! And dangerous. In such an influential position to be behaving like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,223 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A few people were writing H&M here I couldn't figure out why people were on about the shop for a while!

Course you did.

Yes. Anyone with half a fooking brain could see it..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Please read the forum charter.

She was earning 50k an episode for Suits as well as endorsements. Guess that doesn't count as a career taking off these days.
    Well i'm not as up on her personal finances as yourself. I suspect even 50k an episode doesnt go that far for an A list LA lifestyle

walshb wrote: »
    She shamelessly played two cards..

Mental Heath “I was suicidal” card?

Wtf? Suicidal? Was she living in torment for years or something? Part of a family all of a few fooking months...she got exactly what she set out to get, global fame...and here she is now looking for more attention spouting off utter garbage about being suicidal?

These people do nothing but a disservice to mental health

Then, goes on the race angle by claiming racism due to what she says was some comment by “someone.”

So what “if” someone actually passed comment...big deal...

What is the fuss here?

A vile woman!

Disgusting post. Hope nobody in your life has mental health problems or ever looks to you for help.

Disgusting post. Hope nobody in your life has mental health problems or ever looks to you for help.
    Look to Oprah for help!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,223 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you were Ginger84 I'd be thinking you might be the Prince!

• Advertisement

People on this thread are saying they’ve already been given 100 million dollars from Netflix !!

Mental If true

Ah well they didnt need The Firm so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement