Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco.ie Vouchers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

zell12 wrote: »
    Why would they do it?
    Supermarkets have guaranteed customers due to most other places being closed.

To get customers into their own specific supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

okidoki987 wrote: »
    To get customers into their own specific supermarket.

Ya dunnes always gave them out regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

I was doing full weekly shop of about €200 a week with them most of last year.
    Stopped when the in in-laws got a load of vouchers before Xmas from them even though they spend a fraction of that weekly.

Promoted me to switch my shopping to Aldi and dunnes. Just pick up whether I can’t get then in Tesco.

Finding that my weekly shop cost has gone down too.

I’ll show them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

They've gone very tight with their vouchers. I used to get a lot of x extra points if you buy this, y extra points if you buy that vouchers from them, but lately it's only a couple of pitiful 50cents off 2eur spend on bin bags or similar nonsense. I'd probably would shop there even less if I hadn't Tesco top-up mobile and vouchers are very handy and cheap way to top up (5eur voucher = 15eur top up).

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

got some vouchers i was amazed wen i looked at them 20 euro in 4 fiver vouchers wen we added over the christmas food and alcohol came to a lot spent and we get 20 euro :confused:

• Advertisement

j@utis wrote: »
    They've gone very tight with their vouchers. I used to get a lot of x extra points if you buy this, y extra points if you buy that vouchers from them, but lately it's only a couple of pitiful 50cents off 2eur spend on bin bags or similar nonsense. I'd probably would shop there even less if I hadn't Tesco top-up mobile and vouchers are very handy and cheap way to top up (5eur voucher = 15eur top up).
    its handy getting a fiver voucher and turning it into a 15 euro top up but how much do u have to spend to get that 5 euro voucher as now no points are given even on alcohol

j@utis wrote: »

got one voucher 50 cent off a bottle of washing up liquid:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭zell12

...but how much do u have to spend to get that 5 euro voucher..
    500 euro, caller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

€1 off toilet roll if I spend more than €4 on toilet roll in the post today.....worth the wait!!

€1 off toilet roll if I spend more than €4 on toilet roll in the post today.....worth the wait!!

You mean you've been holding it in all this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

zell12 wrote: »
    Why would they do it?
    Supermarkets have guaranteed customers due to most other places being closed.

As regards clubcard vouchers My friend gets 10 off 50 tesco vouchers on clubcard. I'm on clubcard but never get them. They select who they decide to give them to. Tesco dont give much back to the customer. I once dealt with their head office customer service based in Scotland and I was very disappointed with the way I was treated. I never warmed to the company for some reason. Like a lot of shops you're just a number and your custom is taken for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Got vouchers during the week, zero x off y vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

None for me either, I would struggle to use them now booze is off the cards. I used to stock up on drink that would do me months.

The vouchers for specific items seem to be long gone too, like getting 50 points if you buy tesco finest cheese or certain branded products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Same here. Got 8.50 in vouchers. No money off ones.

got one voucher 50 cent off a bottle of washing up liquid:D

Jeez you're cleaning up

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

Got a load of €12 off a €60 spend, 6 weeks worth

Housefree wrote: »

Well for you....it's soo random with Tesco!

Can I just ask a question about clubcard boost. I have a 4.50 voucher. My friend gave me his 50c voucher. Can both vouchers be added together to obtain €15 tesco mobile credit?

M

Housefree wrote: »

I've to redo my strategy, going to go with new account using Irish translation of my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Can I just ask a question about clubcard boost. I have a 4.50 voucher. My friend gave me his 50c voucher. Can both vouchers be added together to obtain €15 tesco mobile credit?

Yes. I do it all the time, I use vouchers from the Wife, Sister and Sister--law. Often use vouchers from 2 or 3 different accounts, never had an issue.

• Advertisement

Yyhhuuu wrote: »

ring clubcard to see if its okay as on there records they will tell if its your vouchers u are using for the credit

ring clubcard to see if its okay as on there records they will tell if its your vouchers u are using for the credit

They only say you have to abide by rules. But thanks to replies in practice it seems workable?

Tesco boost was wonderful for tesco mobile in the past but since I moved to go mo I never looked back. Too much trouble topping up with tesco mobile and very little data.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has anybody got a Spring mailing yet?

I'd have thought I'd have got something by now.

A few ago my receipt went from saying 1100 point to balance not available and then back yo 1100.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My receipt said tonight that points reset from the 27th of March and I'll receive a statement shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Arriving next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Arrived today. New App launched with €10 off €30 spend on signing up. Also Clubcard prices next week

• Advertisement
    M

Tesco in UK are doing a special where you can use £8 in vouchers for 6 months Disney+, likely they will follow here, ours is currently 3 months for €9.

Advertisement