Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smother

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,204 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Unusual the small tower on the roof.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

bigroad wrote: »
    The house looks like it may have been a hotel guest house at one time.

I think they are using a couple of different houses to make the 1 house, I think it's the side of the Black Oak Restaurant for some parts of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭jackboy

bigroad wrote: »
    The house looks like it may have been a hotel guest house at one time.

Moy house it is called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

saabsaab wrote: »
    Irish Lamb!
    He's a bit ham fisted by the looks of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭saabsaab

The 'party house' is (was) a restaurant between Lahinch and Miltown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭bigroad

Grace is going to hit the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭siblers

None of them seem to give a **** he died part from Grace

This is a bit ****. Piss poor acting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Their setting up a nice whodunnit here in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭AllForIt

5 mins in and I'm done.

Terribly forced acting. Totally unnecessary facial expressions which usually indicates lack of any kind of gripping story.

It's of the ilk of some ITV drama long forgotten, best broadcast in the afternoon where one unemployed might be bothered to watch it for lack of anything to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭bigroad

It wasn't the butler anyway.

AllForIt wrote: »
    5 mins in and I'm done.

Terribly forced acting. Totally unnecessary facial expressions which usually indicates lack of any kind of gripping story.

It's of the ilk of some ITV drama long forgotten, best broadcast in the afternoon where one unemployed might be bothered to watch it for lack of anything to do.

And you'd still need a few afternoon cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What's with the americanirish accents on some of them..and the new buildings not being up to "code"....

God the Atlantic is very cold this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That was some dramatic ending in the 1st episode.

Not a bad whodunnit start in my opinion, the victim was a slimey character who a few people had reasons to kill him. Next week's preview kind of kills the cliffhanger finish they had setup this week though.

God the Atlantic is very cold this time of year.

It's actually a lovely time of year for some surfing, decent wet suit and you're good to go, once you're within 5k of course...........

Poor fare. Don't think I'll be bothering with the next installment.

That was some dramatic ending in the 1st episode.

Mrs. Clareman was (almost) shouting at the TV "nooo, it'll take forever to shampoo and dry that hair after that salt water"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

Poor fare. Don't think I'll be bothering with the next installment.

Why can't any of them speak properly? I lost so much of the dialogue it became ridiculous.

• Advertisement

crossman47 wrote: »
    Why can't any of them speak properly? I lost so much of the dialogue it became ridiculous.

It might be the accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

It might be the accent?

I don't think so. Its a common feature of BBC plays too - actors don't learn how to project their voices anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I liked it, it has potential.
    I thought the acting was fine too.

I don't know how many episodes they've filmed or whether it's a limited series. But it easily beats many of the homegrown productions of the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,128 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I liked it, it has potential.
    I thought the acting was fine too.

I don't know how many episodes they've filmed or whether it's a limited series. But it easily beats many of the homegrown productions of the past few years.

6 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭veryangryman

6 episodes.

Fudge it. Pure Mule was excellent and they made f.a after it all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,274 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I thought it was just me. I had to turn on the subtitles to get all the whispered exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭phormium

I thought it was just me! Had to rewind a few times and turn up the sound to try figure out what I had missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

10 mins in and I feel like none of the characters are able to have a proper conversation with each other without someone interrupting and then it flicking on to the next scene? So annoying

Jury still out for me. I think it's okay. Not the best I've seen, but ill stick with it for next week. Far from the biggest pile of s*ite produced in recent times and no sign of Amy f**king Hubermann at least although she'd fit right in here :D.

Taken Down a huge disappointment given that it had Love/Hates makers involved. That nonsense with the windfarms last year was godawful altogether. Surely to god they should commit to something that will be a potential cash cow?

Pure Mule, Love/Hate, Normal People (co-produced and based on a book) all left the audience wanting more. For such an artistic community and a country that produced alot of movie/tv/theatre talent within this small country of ours, we sure do put money into alot of duds.

• Advertisement

Pure Mule is 15 years ago! Good series and Love/Hate wasn't bad either but Normal people was overrated (I'm not the target audience I guess)

Advertisement