Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smother

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Hatshepsut

A but far fetched though as surely after she drowned there was a full autopsy and coroner's report. They'd have spotted if she had injuries etc with being drowned by someone else, investigated the marks on her neck etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I think the photo is a clue he killed the daughter then tried to go after the family for their money starting with Anna and then the mother, she was an easy target to control

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Didn’t see that coming, and neither did he. Tough case for the doctor!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Paul was a proper nasty piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think he fitted right in!

Every one of them is toxic.

Grace was a bit annoying but she was the only one with a bit of honesty in her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Was watching a 1976 episode of Kojak tonight. Fionnula Flanagan gives a great performance up as a troubled firebomber in "A Summer Madness".

Saw her in a 1989 episode of Columbo recently on 5 USA!

So Val called Joe to get him to get him to come over, the Guards would be able to get the phone records and find this out but the writers seem to just hope nobody noticed this.

Personally I'd have liked to have seen the whole lot of them thrown in prison.

Nothing about Jacob and the hit and run either.

Bit of a shambles really.

I kinda like what they did with Joe, was a decent enough twist but it was all very flimsy

Completely ignoring the Jacob storyline was stupid though,even by this shows' standards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Val called Joe on Grace's phone. It was a different colour.

Great twist in the final act. It was a strong ending to the best season so far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy with the ending also.

The Ahernes are like most families full of secret and lies.

OK fair enough on the phone I didn't cop that it might be Grace's but why bother with the hit and run story at all if they weren't going to finish it out .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The Judge was played by Deirdre Donnelly, a very severe actress. Not the first time she's played that role.

Good ending. Felt a bit cheated - for a dead character Grace got an awful lot of screen time which was unfortunate seeing as IMO she was the most unlikeable person in the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,163 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The finale was cleverly done.

Some scenes were shot less than 200 yards from where I live, so maybe I'm biased?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah I enjoyed the plot twist.

Ballsy move ringing joe in fairness.

Don't get the Jacob storyline either but not going to lose sleep over it!

Kin next week I think....see yis in that thread 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭8mv

Very good episode if you ignore the hit and run left hanging

My daughter was one of the extras on the courthouse steps at the beginning, so I could be a little biased, but even so I thought it was an excellent ending to the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Photobox

I didn't cop it was Grace's phone either and thought the same about it being traced , now that I know it wasn't Vals phone makes it all more plausible. It wasn't a bad ending but I agree about the Jacob saga left hanging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

In some respects, the Jacob storyline was kind of dealt with in the previous two episodes albeit a little wishy-washy.

1. Jacob said he would have to tell the truth and Elaine told him that was never going to happen. That suggested to me that if it came to it she was willing to take the rap for him.
    2. The Guards mentioned that they had no luck with the CCTV as the stretch of road where the woman was hit wasn't covered by any cameras, leaving them with no way of identifying the vehicle.
    3. Elaine went into a bookstore/library and spoke with the girl working there, she asked how her aunt was and the girl said she was out of danger and going to be ok, the girl asked Elaine if she knew her aunt and she said no. The aunt was the lady Jacob hit.

From that we knew the lady was going to be ok, the guards had nothing to go on really which in a way left the story done and dusted.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Based off Elaine's reaction, It felt like there was a possibility that the woman who was knocked down by the little psycho would have recognised the car. It was a silly storyline really but to not properly wrap it up was a bit odd

Grace's phone had some battery life in fairness :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

The Guard was looking at the car Elaine owns, someone with a history of alcohol problems with damage to it a day after a person was knocked down in a hit and run in a rural area yet she didn't think it might be worth looking into to see if it was linked to the accident, but she is able to join all the dots in the other case which would be agruably be a lot harder to solve.

It was Jenny's outburst about Finn's brother in court that caught Sgt. Aoife O'Rourke's attention, being a small rural station I'm sure she was aware of Joe's call to the incident involving Rogers at the hotel, she also probably knew Joe brought back some stolen property and booked it in as evidence, it was only in court she suspected there might be a link to the stolen property and the reported break-in at the Ahern house, not rocket science really.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,896 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I was thinking of the hit and run story during the episode. I thought Elaine would bargain with Joe to make it go away in return for what she did.

Missed a trick I thought as her just doing it out of the goodness of her heart didn't really fit the character we had seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think she had a soft spot for grace though!

The Jacob storyline could be another generation getting away with "murder" no one taking responsibility for their actions.....I don't know. There's abit of a leaving cert English paper "discuss" feel to the storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,896 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

She was consumed with hate for those alive though. Thought her reconciliation was a little unbelievable tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ah very decent ending!

• Advertisement
Advertisement