Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Had porridge with peanut butter, flaxseed, strawberries, raspberries and honey - delish!

Awks this was meant to be in the breakfast thread!

For lunch I had a turkey salad sandwich - also delish!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

2 fried eggs, oven chips, lashings of salt and vinegar and some buttery Polish bread.

Tuna salad consisting of tuna with mayo, spinach leaves, spring onion, tomato and cucumber and a herb vinagrette, and 2 sweet chilli rice cakes with reduced fat hummous - the health kick continues :pac: Then had an energy ball after :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A chicken sandwich on Aldi bloomer with salt and mayo, and a cup of hotel style vegetable soup.

Leftovers of last night's cottage pie. If possible it was even better than yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

BQYbuJrl.jpg

Raw veg.......nice and healthy / crunchy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Oven-roasted vegetables (cauliflower, peppers, sweet potatoes and onion, rubbed with olive oil and ras-al-hanout), couscous, houmous and fried halloumi. Warm and spicy, sunshine on a grey day

6ekEQWt.jpg

That looks so good Shenshen!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

I remember an interview with a restaurateur who said their vegetables had been widely praised. However, all they'd done, she said, was roast, not boil, them. She was right :)

I had a chicken goujon sandwich with mayo, mixed leaves, onions, cheddar and...ketchup. because I'm classy like that. :pac:

• Advertisement

I had a baked potato with tuna mayonnaise. I've never eaten tuna mayonnaise before. It was - OK. Don't know if I'd make it again.

Had the leftover potato today with baked beans. That's better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

bacon, egg and cheese sandwich...devine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

Chicken and cheese sandwich on sourdough with mayo and relish. Very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭joficeduns1

Yesterday was a toasty with a blend of cheeses (mozz, gruyère, and a chilli cheddar), leftover marinara sauce, red onion, and basil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Slice of homemade brown bread with homemade guacamole and a couple of slices of gruyère.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Made some cauliflower and coconut soup this morning for the lunch later, it's a Happy Pear recipe and it smelled delicious. Can't wait to have it for lunch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I made a spicy roasted veg soup on Monday and we've had it for lunch every day since. Today we had it with home made wheaten bread and cheese.

20210211-134734.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Harry's Nut Butter, chorizo and gruyere on sourdough - yum

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Leftover kerala chicken from yesterday as a sandwich for lunch today, threw some feta onto the Indian style salad (a salad with lime, oil, cumin and chilli vinaigrette).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Cheese and Marmite hot cross bun from M&S with avo and nut butter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Had some fish to use up along with some bits and pieces left over in the fridge, so decided on ... fish tacos. Salmon, avocado, lime dressing, pickled cabbage and chillis with some mayo.

0UrqaqZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

An absolute hodgepodge. For some reason lunch is the meal I struggle with inspiration for the most!

Half a tin of beans with a fried egg and brown sauce
    Chocolate protein shake
    Small bowl of muesli

• Administrators Posts: 53,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dirty big breakfast bap today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Chicken goujon wrap. Pepper, pickled onion, carrot, chillis, mayo, cheese. Pretty much a staple this last year, just change the protein.

1ZTo4GW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭joficeduns1

Bit of a mix here. Leftover chickpea salad, egg mayonnaise with harissa, mixed salad w/ feta, veg sausages and a slice of sourdough fried in olive oil.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Leftover Chicken Fajitas in wraps with Heinz salad cream.. I was a bit apprehensive but it was delicious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

Hedermans BBQ Salmon from The English Market in Cork and free range scrambled eggs, with brown bread loaf and hazelnuts, toasted from TABC in The English Market, also - nom nom nom.. obv loving produce from The English Market even more during these covid days..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

Home-made potato and leek soup with a white, crusty roll.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

r2f0jfal.jpg

Pn78vjrl.jpg

APMPWgil.jpg

....so cheap to make. Full Red Cabbage €0.99 in Dunnes this morning. Pork Shoulder €8.
    Loads.

Avocado Sauce. Avocado, 3 tbsp lime and 2/3 cup water, salt, blitz. Meant to be Coriander in it but clean forgot. Nice sauce all the same.

Advertisement