Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Quiz marque 2

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,432 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    And again, very close in one way, but wide of the mark in another:pac:

OK, as no-one seems to be getting any closer
    It's not Martin Early
    It's not Dan Martin

....it's Martyn Irvine, who took the World track championship scratch race title in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 28,088 ✭✭✭✭looksee

So between Irish Zeus, Keane and Bonzodog we have the Neverending Story answer, contributions of questions from any or all would be appreciated. feargale's question about stamps is still open and Beasty needs a replacement question.

Go for it lads! We will have an avalanch, a tsunami of questions!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

looksee wrote: »
    So between Irish Zeus, Keane and Bonzodog we have the Neverending Story answer, contributions of questions from any or all would be appreciated. feargale's question about stamps is still open and Beasty needs a replacement question.

There's still the matter of the horse, looksee. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

OK, as no-one seems to be getting any closer
    It's not Martin Early
    It's not Dan Martin

....it's Martyn Irvine, who took the World track championship scratch race title in 2013

OK, Beasty. Give us another.

looksee wrote: »

i'm stumped.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    There's still the matter of the horse, looksee. :)

Oh sorry, I got mixed up between horses and furry dragon things. So much for housekeeping!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,432 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

feargale wrote: »
    OK, Beasty. Give us another.
    OK, another cycling one
    Shay Elliot was the first Irish cyclist to win stages in each of the Grand Tour events (Tour de France, Vuelta Espana and Giro d'Italia)

Who is the only other Irishman to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

OK, another cycling one
    Shay Elliot was the first Irish cyclist to win stages in each of the Grand Tour events (Tour de France, Vuelta Espana and Giro d'Italia)

Who is the only other Irishman to do so?

That's Sam Bennett right?

keane2097 wrote: »
    That's Sam Bennett right?

yep - your turn

Cool. I'll get two up - one for the Neverending Story answer as well. Back shortly.

• Advertisement

What is unusual about tempera painting?

What is unusual about the paintings of British Turner Prize-winning painter Chris Ofili?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

keane2097 wrote: »
    What is unusual about tempera painting?
    It contains egg?

It contains egg?

Yep that's it - egg yolk apparently

Sorry, I forgot I owed a question, while I was waiting for the name of Atreyu's horse.

So, what's an ouroboros?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Sorry, I forgot I owed a question, while I was waiting for the name of Atreyu's horse.

So, what's an ouroboros?

It’s a snake eating it’s tail, a symbol of eternity

That's correct. Your turn, Irish Zeus.

On which US denomination would you find the Eye of Providence?

(Not many available answers here I know, but I didn’t have a question ready)

Dollar?

Dollar?

Sorry NH - looking for the dollar amount way too easy otherwise :D

• Advertisement

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Sorry NH - looking for the dollar amount way too easy otherwise :D
    Sorry, I meant one dollar... But I left it ambiguous on purpose! :D

Actually... Is it not on all their banknotes?

I had thought it was just the one dollar bill, but open to correction. Apologies if I posted an incorrect question - done in a rush!

Your question either way NH!

I don't think I've ever seen any dollars in real life, ever. :D

It is said that Nero played the violin as he watched Rome burn. If he had been playing an instrument at all it wouldn't have been a violin, which was invented much much later. So, what would he have been playing instead?

I think anyone who has seen US dollars in real life would agree that they are the most boring, difficult to differentiate, tedious with their $1 bill that looks virtually identical to all the others, currency in the world. (In fairness maybe Chinese or Russian money is worse, but I haven't seen any of it :D )

I don't think I've ever seen any dollars in real life, ever. :D

It is said that Nero played the violin as he watched Rome burn. If he had been playing an instrument at all it wouldn't have been a violin, which was invented much much later. So, what would he have been playing instead?

Lyre

Of course he could have been simultaneously playing the eejit.

Correct! Away you go, Feargale.

d4,d5;
    c4

What is it?

Anyway I owe half a question. Which country issued two stamps honouring a military leader who led a revolt against that country?

This one has been missed. Any takers? Need a clue or two (or three)?

• Advertisement

d4,d5;
    c4

What is it?
    Check mate?

Advertisement