Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You be doing well to play BB in GW29:pac:

Lol sorry, meant FH, wasted BB as couple of weeks ago too

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mairtmairt

Very frustrated used a -4 to get maddison out & was torn between Bale & Hamez ended up going with hamez & he wasnt even in the squad so unlikely he plays against WBA too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

mairtmairt wrote: »
    Very frustrated used a -4 to get maddison out & was torn between Bale & Hamez ended up going with hamez & he wasnt even in the squad so unlikely he plays against WBA too :(

Was Bale ever a realistic option for this DGW? Like he rarely starts any games yet alone two in a row and his last goal in the league was October?

Bale would have been a big punt.

Edit to add, it would have been like Aguero scoring a hattrick against West Ham, and lads saying they were considering him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Who to triple captain out dias, cancelo and gundog. Currently have it on dias :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Rikand wrote: »
    Who to triple captain out dias, cancelo and gundog. Currently have it on dias :D

Have Stones, Gundog, and Dias. Currently on Dias too.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,982 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Treble captain on City at the moment feels super risky

It's a risky chip anyways but I'd rather waste it on someone with 2 games than someone with 1

It's a risky chip anyways but I'd rather waste it on someone with 2 games than someone with 1

Think CSF was more referring to the fact there is big rotation risk with city players, which doesn't exist for pretty much any other TC option this week.

Think CSF was more referring to the fact there is big rotation risk with city players, which doesn't exist for pretty much any other TC option this week.

Oh I know. But this week is the only guaranteed dgw left coming up that we know about. The presumed one in 28 is only a presumption and I'd rather use the TC on someone who has the potential for 2 games in a week rather than someone who is only guaranteed 1. If the DGW28 is guaranteed before the deadline, I'll reconsider Dias

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Oh I know. But this week is the only guaranteed dgw left coming up that we know about. The presumed one in 28 is only a presumption and I'd rather use the TC on someone who has the potential for 2 games in a week rather than someone who is only guaranteed 1. If the DGW28 is guaranteed before the deadline, I'll reconsider Dias

It's not there has to be another dgw as we still have 2 fixtures that need to be rescheduled.

• Advertisement

Sorry i thought you guys were saying you have the TC on Dias for this GW, but your talking about the next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Sorry i thought you guys were saying you have the TC on Dias for this GW, but your talking about the next week :)

I have my TC on Kane this week, but planning to C Dias next week. It will be my first Defender Captain this season.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

anything to be said for using wildcard to cap out the team for thin gameweek 29?

Spurs, West Ham and Leeds all have players I wouldn't mind being saddled with for a longer run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

bantee wrote: »
    Lol sorry, meant FH, wasted BB as couple of weeks ago too

Think 31 is meant to have more doubles if you think you'd get more points using it then
    (Double check Crellins spreadsheet in case I've made a bags of that)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

any team news on Man city v Wolves tonight
    I have 3 city player in (Ikay,JS,Cancelo)
    and a keen eye on Phil Foden

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭JPup

mairtmairt wrote: »

Hamez was only rested last night according to Ancelotti. Same as Coleman. Both likely to start against West Brom it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mairtmairt

Was Bale ever a realistic option for this DGW? Like he rarely starts any games yet alone two in a row and his last goal in the league was October?

Bale would have been a big punt.

Edit to add, it would have been like Aguero scoring a hattrick against West Ham, and lads saying they were considering him.

It would have been a punt yes but he was a def starter after coming on aginst West Ham & playing well in Europa League. There is no def starter when it comes to Pep Roulette bar maybe Ederson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭onrail

Half thinking of Dias either C or TC for DGW 27....

Madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

onrail wrote: »

Madness?

It's certainly not madness. A Man City player seems the obvious choice so not a whole lot of options. I'll personally captain Gundogan I think. He was rested last night so I expect him to play the 2 matches next gameweek but you can never be sure with Pep.

Just noticed the TC part of your comment. I still have mine and I don't think I'll risk it on a City player, I can't be dealing with that stress. Some other team will have a decent double at some stage and I'll gamble on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Klonker wrote: »
    It's certainly not madness. A Man City player seems the obvious choice so not a whole lot of options. I'll personally captain Gundogan I think. He was rested last night so I expect him to play the 2 matches next gameweek but you can never be sure with Pep.

Just noticed the TC part of your comment. I still have mine and I don't think I'll risk it on a City player, I can't be dealing with that stress. Some other team will have a decent double at some stage and I'll gamble on that.
    Hoping Spurs have a decent DGW for the TC, otherwise I'd nearly give it to Martinez for the Aston Villa DGW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

onrail wrote: »

Madness?

Currently yes IMO, they have only kept 2 clean sheets in the last 6 games against Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham and Wolves. Decent sides no doubt.

Whereas before that City had kept 13 clean sheets in the 15 before.

United and Southampton next up, United could knick a goal (wouldn't bet on it) and against an out of form Southampton side.

I just personally wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

18 points from a BB for me. 12 from Martinez and 2 each from Ings , Dallas and Raphina.
    Season is going that badly for me that I am fairly happy with it. 18 points I will take it!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭siblers

18 points from a BB for me. 12 from Martinez and 2 each from Ings , Dallas and Raphina.
    Season is going that badly for me that I am fairly happy with it. 18 points I will take it!

8 for my BB this gw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

18pts from a BB is a good return and well above expectation, a terribly over rated chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

18 points from BB here too, had Martinez on the bench for his DGW and then Dallas, Raphina and Bamford all on a single game. Had hoped those 3 would do better but they all returned with 2 points each. I brought in Schmicheal as a playing keeper specifically for the BB week but he conceeded 3 goals against Arsenal and another tonight against Burnley for a total return of 5 points over the two games. Bit disappointed with that part of the strategy but its how the cookie crumbles.

siblers wrote: »
    8 for my BB this gw
    Pogue eile wrote: »
    18pts from a BB is a good return and well above expectation, a terribly over rated chip.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    18 points from BB here too, had Martinez on the bench for his DGW and then Dallas, Raphina and Bamford all on a single game. Had hoped those 3 would do better but they all returned with 2 points each. I brought in Schmicheal as a playing keeper specifically for the BB week but he conceeded 3 goals against Arsenal and another tonight against Burnley for a total return of 5 points over the two games. Bit disappointed with that part of the strategy but its how the cookie crumbles.

It was pointed out to me on FFS, that I would likely have played Martinez and benched Pope if it was a 'normal' gameweek. So in reality it was only 10 points. :D

Taking the wind out of my sails a bit! Like Muahahaha I was caught out at how poorly Leeds did. I did not see that coming at all. On another day Rafinha and Bamford would have got something, I suppose.

I thought Pope would do better over the two gameweeks to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah I was kicking myself the 3 Leeds lads didnt do anything as I knew it was a risk with them all having a single game in a DGW. I had thought of transferring out Dallas to get a DGWer like Regulion in onto the bench boost but decided against it in the end. That was a mistake as Regulion hauled 10 points and still has another game to go.

I think Leeds lads are great at their price but they can be frustrating to own at times, it seems to be either a feast or a famine with them.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah I was kicking myself the 3 Leeds lads didnt do anything as I knew it was a risk with them all having a single game in a DGW. I had thought of transferring out Dallas to get a DGWer like Regulion in onto the bench boost but decided against it in the end. That was a mistake as Regulion hauled 10 points and still has another game to go.

I think Leeds lads are great at their price but they can be frustrating to own at times, it seems to be either a feast or a famine with them.

The bit that really annoyed me about the Leeds game was it was against a Villa with no Grealish. I said to myself before hand at worst it could be a clean sheet for Leeds 1-0 , 0-0. Or maybe where Leeds win in a 3-1 with Bamford and Rafinha involved. Maybe a Dallas assist. Turned on the game. Made a sambo by the time I came back Leeds clean sheet was gone. El flipping Ghazi who had done anything fpl wise since gw16 (I checked). Leeds missing chance after chance after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,982 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The bit that really annoyed me about the Leeds game was it was against a Villa with no Grealish. I said to myself before hand at worst it could be a clean sheet for Leeds 1-0 , 0-0. Or maybe where Leeds win in a 3-1 with Bamford and Rafinha involved. Maybe a Dallas assist. Turned on the game. Made a sambo by the time I came back Leeds clean sheet was gone. El flipping Ghazi who had done anything fpl wise since gw16 (I checked). Leeds missing chance after chance after that.

One of the reasons he wasn’t doing anything fantasy wise that he wasn’t playing since Barkley came back. Grealish going out brought him back in. El Ghazi is a petty reliable FPL asset for an average footballer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭JPup

If you haven’t taken a hit to line it up, and if you haven’t had to compromise your squad for future game weeks, then 18 is excellent.

Once you factor in those caveats (especially the second one) bench boost can actually produce a negative return. As in, you’d have been better off at the end of the season if you’d never had it in the first place. You’ll never know for sure, but I suspect that was the case for me in the past.

Advertisement