Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I've decided on the wc

Martinez
    Digne Pereira Dias
    KDB Gundo Bruno Barnes Pereira
    Kane DCL

Johnstone Watkins Konsa Rudiger

BB in 27. Few low owership players, hoping they'll give me a boost. Not convinced on Watkins without Grealish but can bench him. Other option is Diagne instead then drop Pereira and go 3-4-3.

Any thoughts or suggested improvements?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Think I've decided on the wc

Martinez
    Digne Pereira Dias
    KDB Gundo Bruno Barnes Pereira
    Kane DCL

Johnstone Watkins Konsa Rudiger

BB in 27. Few low owership players, hoping they'll give me a boost. Not convinced on Watkins without Grealish but can bench him. Other option is Diagne instead then drop Pereira and go 3-4-3.

Any thoughts or suggested improvements?

No Salah against a Southampton team that is leaking goals, and will be missing Romeu is the most glaring omission. Then up against the team that he failed to make it. He has 5 goals and 2 assists in 14 games against Chelsea since leaving them. That game could have huge consequences for pool if they really want to make top 4.

Could you get in a Spurs defender, 2 good fixtures for CS, and will give extra body for GW29

Ace2007 wrote: »
    No Salah against a Southampton team that is leaking goals, and will be missing Romeu is the most glaring omission. Then up against the team that he failed to make it. He has 5 goals and 2 assists in 14 games against Chelsea since leaving them. That game could have huge consequences for pool if they really want to make top 4.

Could you get in a Spurs defender, 2 good fixtures for CS, and will give extra body for GW29

They're playing Sheffield United not Southampton and while they have injuries, they've tightened up a lot. Don't think Salah is a must own with the way Pool are playing and I want to go KDB as a differential. Am prepared to eat my words when Salah gets the inevitable hat trick!! Too much rotation in the Spurs defence for my liking and their stats aren't great anyway. Will be playing FH in 29. Been up and down around 300k for weeks now and just willing to take a few risks with wc. Cheers for taking the time to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

De Bruyne is definitely the wildcard this week. Very likely to start vs West Ham, and odds on to start both games. It's a case of which mids you choose to go with

manual_man wrote: »
    De Bruyne is definitely the wildcard this week. Very likely to start vs West Ham, and odds on to start both games. It's a case of which mids you choose to go with

Yeah plus the extra game in 27, I'd expect him to get minutes in all 4 games. Depends on your rank too of course, if I was in a better position I'd probably stick with Salah but feck it, might as well go with my gut and try to make some gains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭Shedite27

manual_man wrote: »

Yeah I brought him in for Salah and will captain. 12% ownership for DB in a DGW with 2 home games.

AND another DGW with 2 home games next week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

All that said and I still can't commit to keeping him instead of Salah this week! I think I'll ultimately stick with it as I don't want to waste a free transfer next week doing the swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is a minus 4 to get Areola for McCarthy and BB worth it? Just want it gone at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

Fitz* wrote: »
    Gonna go with BB this week. Been working towards it for a while so need it to come off. Season decider for me. I'm saving FH for GW29.

A -4 for Mee -> Pereira & Maddison -> Barnes can get me this team, which will have 11 DGW players, albeit a few City so a bit of risk there.

Martinez Sanchez
    Lowton Pereira Stones Dallas
    Sterling Barnes Salah Foden Soucek
    Bamford Watkins Kane

Unless anyone can see a better transfer than Mee -> Pereira & Maddison -> Barnes ?

Looking at that, might first thought would be to get in Bruno for Sterling but then maybe you are looking for a big differential. High risk strategy though!

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah I brought him in for Salah and will captain. 12% ownership for DB in a DGW with 2 home games.

AND another DGW with 2 home games next week :eek:

I've the captaincy on Kane at the moment but KDB is very tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

Is a city captain not high risk this week? Bruno, Kane and Salah very likely to play 180 mins. Certainly 150+ barring injury.

City are managing players now with all the cups in mind. Big derby game next weekend. KDB just back from injury. I think you’d be lucky as an owner if he gets more than 120 mins this game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭onrail

Can anyone tell me whether the big hitters (Bruno, Kane, Salah, KDB) are likely to have another DGW before the end of the season? Other than GW 27 of course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

onrail wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me whether the big hitters (Bruno, Kane, Salah, KDB) are likely to have another DGW before the end of the season? Other than GW 27 of course

Spurs/Man City will have another double as they don't play the weekend of the Carabao Cup final (GW33)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

FHFC wrote: »
    It's best played when the 4 worst players in your team have a decent chance of points based on good fixtures.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its best played in a DGW when you have four starters on your bench to give a better chance of more points.

We did an experiment on here a few years ago(for Lemlin, I believe?) about our use of BB and various tactics.
    The heel of the hunt was that 4 x DGW was not the best option, nor was it the worst.
    It is as FHFC stated, your 4 worst players and their best fixtures.

If you look at some of the posts in other threads you see "-4, -8, -12, using BB".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

JPup wrote: »
    Is a city captain not high risk this week? Bruno, Kane and Salah very likely to play 180 mins. Certainly 150+ barring injury.

City are managing players now with all the cups in mind. Big derby game next weekend. KDB just back from injury. I think you’d be lucky as an owner if he gets more than 120 mins this game week.

Absolutely. People have been burned on numerous occasions in City DGWs. Add the facts they have 2 DGWs in a row, are well ahead in the league, and a great chance in the CL, and its likely there'll be a lot of rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

JPup wrote: »

I agree about City and rotation, I feel its going to be worse for the rest of the season. I'm happy to go with 2 defenders and Gundogan in the medium term because at least they're relatively cheap and if the defenders don't start they are unlikely to play at all. If I'm paying for KDB I'd want him to be playing every match which I don't think he will.

Saying that, I can see why people who are taking gambles at this stage of the season are going for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Klonker wrote: »
    I agree about City and rotation, I feel its going to be worse for the rest of the season. I'm happy to go with 2 defenders and Gundogan in the medium term because at least they're relatively cheap and if the defenders don't start they are unlikely to play at all. If I'm paying for KDB I'd want him to be playing every match which I don't think he will.

Saying that, I can see why people who are taking gambles at this stage of the season are going for him.

KDB has been fairly fixture proof by City's standards, he's started every game he was fit for this season, and only came off early twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

KDB has been fairly fixture proof by City's standards, he's started every game he was fit for this season, and only came off early twice.

Surely needs game time as well

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Cancelo being pulled last minute leaves me with Stones and Gundogan in.. Pep rotation nerves are high this GW

• I ended up going for De Bruyne over Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

I know a lot of people will have stones and dias in there squad this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭siblers

IrishLad90 wrote: »

:(

IrishLad90 wrote: »

Overall it's low though, 13% in top 10k, and 8% overall

• Registered Users Posts: 33,066 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Overall it's low though, 13% in top 10k, and 8% overall

Really? I think the Dias doubtful week must have changed that a lot where people switched to 2 attackers, I know a lot have Cancelo instead too but I still didn’t realise it was such a differential.

I wonder will Stones keep his spot now rather than being rested against Wolves after scoring and winning MOTM.

He loves a DGW clearly.

CSF wrote: »
    Really? I think the Dias doubtful week must have changed that a lot where people switched to 2 attackers, I know a lot have Cancelo instead too but I still didn’t realise it was such a differential.

I wonder will Stones keep his spot now rather than being rested against Wolves after scoring and winning MOTM.

He loves a DGW clearly.

Unless I put the wrong names in the fplive website but fairly sure i pick them.

And yet very few of us would captain him

• Registered Users Posts: 33,066 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Unless I put the wrong names in the fplive website but fairly sure i pick them.

And yet very few of us would captain him

Yeah, neither really ever went through my mind as anything more than a fleeting thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Maybe he was previously when they weren't doing as well as now. Anyway we'll see over the next few games who's right I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

KDB for Sterling is tempting but today should be Sterlings rest tho, in theory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Currently have 7 players for GW29 and have no BB so will get Reguillon for AWB if he makes it through midweek and then get a Brighton defender in next week or the week after.

• Advertisement

bantee wrote: »
    Currently have 7 players for GW29 and have no BB so will get Reguillon for AWB if he makes it through midweek and then get a Brighton defender in next week or the week after.

You be doing well to play BB in GW29:pac:

Advertisement