Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sending out a group email to four work colleagues, asking if any of them are available to help with a work-related issue during the week.

Two of them reply immediately saying they can no bother, but I know the other two won't even consider checking their emails. They are notorious for not doing so. I mean who doesn't have their email linked to their smart-phone in this day and age? There is no point texting them either as they are bad for replying in that scenario too (it isn't important enough to be ringing them on a weekend).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sending out a group email to four work colleagues, asking if any of them are available to help with a work-related issue during the week.

Two of them reply immediately saying they can no bother, but I know the other two won't even consider checking their emails. They are notorious for not doing so. I mean who doesn't have their email linked to their smart-phone in this day and age? There is no point texting them either as they are bad for replying in that scenario too (it isn't important enough to be ringing them on a weekend).

If the email was sent out on a Friday night and they don't work at weekends, you can't really blame them. People need to switch off on their down time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who assume I have my work email linked to my smartphone - because I definitely don't. ;)

Also the guy who called me on a work related topic yesterday afternoon because he got an out of office message from me by email.
    Seriously what part of out of office confused you? My auto response said I will be back on Monday now FO.
    (it isn't important enough to be ringing them on a weekend).

There is a law coming in to deal with this kind of issue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭donegal_man

spookwoman wrote: »
    If the email was sent out on a Friday night and they don't work at weekends, you can't really blame them. People need to switch off on their down time.

I've found this nonsense has increased since working from home became a thing. People assuming that because you have a work laptop & phone at home it means you're on call at any time. Unless I'm either "in the office" or actually on call it ain't getting answered.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People who organise something that involves me without consulting. Then when pressure comes to get it done or needs to be done there and then it's my fault.

Completely agree. I've gone full Krakatoa on people that kept doing that to me despite me repeatedly telling them politely but firmly not to.

I don't even have my own email account linked to my smartphone, let alone the work one, and I wouldn't expect people to expect an answer outside of my working hours either.

I've found this nonsense has increased since working from home became a thing. People assuming that because you have a work laptop & phone at home it means you're on call at any time. Unless I'm either "in the office" or actually on call it ain't getting answered.
    Absolutely. I once got a brilliant OOO notice that read something like "My working hours are such and such. My boss strongly supports a good work/life balance and discourages people from replying outside their usual working hours. Ask your boss to consider doing the same."

10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

Surely it can wait until Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Surely it can wait until Monday?
    And surely the poster can wait till Monday for a reply

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Actually, I'll go on to add: I understand that for various reasons (including childminding/homeschooling) people find themselves working late or at weekends to catch up in things, or work when it's quieter. I've done it myself. But the fact that I might send or receive an email at 10pm categorically does not mean that I expect an answer there and then, it just means "I send this when I can, you reply when you can within working hours". In fact, when I do write an email late I always add "Please forgive the late hour, rest assured I don't expect an answer now". Just because I find it handy to post a letter at 3am does not mean I expect the postman to empty the letterbox before he's scheduled to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Sandz066 wrote: »
    In the supermarket yesterday evening, woman doing a trolley shop with her 3 teenage sons in tow. Absolutely no need. Keeping distance is difficult enough at times besides having to dodge 3 additional bodies.

I find that nobody really keeps a distance anymore in supermarkets. It's as if we have all become invincible since masks were introduced :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

TA that I'm usually in a light sleep from about 6.30am. Which means that every Saturday morning I'm woken by the bin lorry that comes round between 7 and 8. This morning it was 7.11 😡

• Advertisement

TA that I don't know how to get my emojis look like emojis in my boards posts

Click on "advanced", instead of "quick reply": the only emojis that work (unless you post the others like embedded images) are those shown on your right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

So I went on my daily walk around the pitch. There we a middle aged man running. It was just him and me. I always stick to the left but he insisted on running the left too. I knew exactly what he was thinking (Look at me running) :rolleyes: He kept passing me out and racing around trying to pass me again. Coming up behind me, breathing heavily and then curving around me trying to make a point. I should have told him put on a mask. No time for that. I just walked off, left him there running. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA typing out a long winded email, i click out of it expecting it to be saved as draft in Outlook as usual. Had it perfect with everything I' d wanted/needed to say. The recipient was unavailable over the phone.

It completely erased itself upon clicking back in. Faced with the prospect of typing it all out again with a slow ass keyboard, I was fit to just jump back into bed, if not the sea. Got it done and sent again though without too much rage. I think all the meditation/mindfulness is paying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Watching the rugby and not understanding why penalties are being given. Football is easy, trips, pushes etc, rugby it’s going off your feet,coming in from the side etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It was sent out Wednesday evening, and all to personal email addresses. We are in an industry that isn't allowed open during the lockdown, so working the weekend is a moot point right now. Waiting three days for a reply is a TA, but it's grand anyway as I should be okay and maybe every one isn't as eager to do ANYTHING work related just to pass the time.

And I genuinely thought most everyone had email on their phones these days.

Anyway another TA (apart from getting torn apart on boards :D): back from a lengthy walk, and while hungry, I just don't have the energy to cook anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My work email is linked to my work smart phone. It’s turned off on Friday evening and turned back on Monday morning.

My personal email is linked to my personal smart phone.

There is a difference between the two and people have a right to disconnect.

Not answering emails / texts generally is a separate issue and generally the sign of a flake.

New Home wrote: »
    Click on "advanced", instead of "quick reply": the only emojis that work (unless you post the others like embedded images) are those shown on your right

Less TA'd now, thank you. Also learned that it only works on 'full site' on the phone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,610 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

One of my dogs likes to dig holes then lay in them. Went out to cut the grass today, driving along then suddenly hit this crater of a hole. Now I've about five holes to fill in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Okay, I think this truly is the most trivial entry I’ve made in this thread and it really is such a small thing but when you’re watching a film or TV show and a character is holding a takeaway coffee cup that supposed to be full but it is clearly empty and they are not even trying to act like there is any liquid in there. Waving it around, holding it at a slant or blatantly showing that there’s no weight to the cup. If the actor finds its hard to pretend, couldn’t they at least put some water in there to give the thing a bit of weight?

Biggest culprits on this score: the Gilmore Girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Okay, I think this truly is the most trivial entry I’ve made in this thread and it really is such a small thing but when you’re watching a film or TV show and a character is holding a takeaway coffee cup that supposed to be full but it is clearly empty and they are not even trying to act like there is any liquid in there. Waving it around, holding it at a slant or blatantly showing that there’s no weight to the cup. If the actor finds its hard to pretend, couldn’t they at least put some water in there to give the thing a bit of weight?

Biggest culprits on this score: the Gilmore Girls.

It drives me crazy. You may enjoy the #EmptyCupAwards - Gilmore Girls features prominently :)https://www.facebook.com/Slate/videos/10154013688701438

See also: Cooking a buffet feast for breakfast, only for the entire family to rush out without touching a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

maudgonner wrote: »
    It drives me crazy. You may enjoy the #EmptyCupAwards - Gilmore Girls features prominently :)https://www.facebook.com/Slate/videos/10154013688701438

See also: Cooking a buffet feast for breakfast, only for the entire family to rush out without touching a thing.
    For me it’s completely clean windscreens on cars. All. The. Time :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

PsychoPete wrote: »
    One of my dogs likes to dig holes then lay in them. Went out to cut the grass today, driving along then suddenly hit this crater of a hole. Now I've about five holes to fill in

At least (s)he wasn’t in the hole at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

People who post endless photos of bottles of wine or beer on social media each and every time they go on a night out (or have a night in) like its some sort of badge of honour. Whoop-de-flippin-doo, so you've had a glass of wine or a pint of beer - well done you - what a complete and utter star you are. Hardly the event of the century.

Full disclosure: I don't drink myself but don't begrudge people having a drink or two, having the craic and enjoying a good night out, but for Jesus sake, do us all a favour and find something more interesting to post on social media for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

AIB have changed their online banking login from just needing two digits of your PAC to needing all 5.

For the past 20+ years I've had no problem just tapping in digit 2 and digit 5 or whatever when asked.

But now that I suddenly have to type all 5 digits, my mind has gone totally blank.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

People (and media) more worried about Lady Gaga's stolen dogs than the lad who got shot.
    This +100

"no questions asked" as far as I'm concerned that makes her an accessory after the fact to what could possibly be attempted murder :mad:

Also show how disposable people are considered to be. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

It was sent out Wednesday evening, and all to personal email addresses. We are in an industry that isn't allowed open during the lockdown, so working the weekend is a moot point right now. Waiting three days for a reply is a TA, but it's grand anyway as I should be okay and maybe every one isn't as eager to do ANYTHING work related just to pass the time.

And I genuinely thought most everyone had email on their phones these days.

Anyway another TA (apart from getting torn apart on boards :D): back from a lengthy walk, and while hungry, I just don't have the energy to cook anything.

That's way I made sure I put in Friday evening. Why they don't reply to their personal emails, I don't know, maybe they don't read their emails that often. I know I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,610 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

AIB have changed their online banking login from just needing two digits of your PAC to needing all 5.

For the past 20+ years I've had no problem just tapping in digit 2 and digit 5 or whatever when asked.

But now that I suddenly have to type all 5 digits, my mind has gone totally blank.

I prefer having to put in 5 digits, hated having to think what the 1st,3rd,5th numbers etc were

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I prefer having to put in 5 digits, hated having to think what the 1st,3rd,5th numbers etc were

I mostly use a computer/laptop whenever I have to use my banking, now it saves the details so I don't have to re-enter it every time. The only thing I have to stop to do is check my phone for a security code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

maudgonner wrote: »

Also TA'd the the place becomes automatically clean the next time the camera turns. Wish tafcuk I could have some of those cleaning fairies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement