Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

bcklschaps wrote: »
    What the hell is going on with Semi Conductors? There's meant to be a Global shortage ...but stocks are tumbling

Stocks are tumbling everywhere. My calls would be the likes of AMD, TSMC, Texas Instruments and NXP if there's big dips.

GME up at 175 now, amazing. Still down on my 1.5 shares (240) who would have thought it. Still don't have a clue what is going on and why with GME

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

Bacchus wrote: »
    Not very exciting after all that build up. GME sliding, down to 112 now from an opening of around 174.

m

Christ, back up to 150. Jeez, it was 45 a couple of days ago. Serious money being won and lost there.
    180+ at the moment

Any reason why revolut keep denying my sell order on GME?

might be that they don't actually hold your shares and are afraid of being caught out with selling shares they don't hold (Fail to deliver)? Maybe somebody hasn't delivered your shares to them yet. Their risk folks may not want to take a risk in not being able to deliver on a sell- I don't know I'm guessing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

GME up at 175 now, amazing. Still down on my 1.5 shares (240) who would have thought it. Still don't have a clue what is going on and why with GME

There's a theory regarding the hiding of the uncovered shorts in a variety of ETFs and that it never really finished last time. Last time this happened there was a lot of deleveraging in the overall market as well, and it went fairly red as well. Who the hell knows though, I'm holding my little stash till $300 anyway - hell or high water. I covered myself the first time around, so this is riding to 0 if it needs to.
    might be that they don't actually hold your shares and are afraid of being caught out with selling shares they don't hold (Fail to deliver)? Maybe somebody hasn't delivered your shares to them yet. Their risk folks may not want to take a risk in not being able to deliver on a sell- I don't know I'm guessing here.

Michael Burry noted that last year when Scion cleared their position, took weeks to sort out. Wouldn't be unlikely since this all started with naked shorting in the 140%~ range, and Melvin had like 3$b vaporised in a few days last time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Any reason why revolut keep denying my sell order on GME?

Wouldn't work for me earlier either. Any that I tried to apply earlier today got cancelled. They were around the time of, but not at the same time as the market halts. Working perfectly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

cronos wrote: »
    I think most people have lost confidence in most things. I'm exciting positions where possible myself. Don't want to sell at a loss though so if I think it may recover I don't sell.

EDIT: This isn't a suggestion that anyone else should. Just my personal confidence in it's low at the moment.

Being realistic about it the bull run 1st 6wks of the year in growth stocks was absolutely not sustainable. If you've put alot of capital in across the last few weeks into these companies your in for a world of pain at the minute, however many stock's have only given back liken 3wks of gains ha. By now I'm happy enough that I'm dollar averaging into the market across time, I cannot ever predict when corrections will happen, but as someone said here last week, often more money was lost during runups waiting for the correction to happen than in the correction itself. I'm still investing in good companies like NIO, TSM, umc, fiverr square etc which I'm happy to hold longterm, if I get a short term hype pump, that's great, and I'll look at taking some profits, but best I can do is fluke the top, if I have runs like I did in 1st 6wks where I added 50% to my overall account, and then end up losing like 3/4s of that in a bad week like just gone then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Timmaay wrote: »
    Being realistic about it the bull run 1st 6wks of the year in growth stocks was absolutely not sustainable. If you've put alot of capital in across the last few weeks into these companies your in for a world of pain at the minute, however many stock's have only given back liken 3wks of gains ha. By now I'm happy enough that I'm dollar averaging into the market across time, I cannot ever predict when corrections will happen, but as someone said here last week, often more money was lost during runups waiting for the correction to happen than in the correction itself. I'm still investing in good companies like NIO, TSM, umc, fiverr square etc which I'm happy to hold longterm, if I get a short term hype pump, that's great, and I'll look at taking some profits, but best I can do is fluke the top, if I have runs like I did in 1st 6wks where I added 50% to my overall account, and then end up losing like 3/4s of that in a bad week like just gone then so be it.

Well Nio while I agree is a good company it's price is ultimately driven as a factor of Tesla. If the market start treating it like a normal car company it's going to be a very different story. I do have positive feelings for it though as I do see the future as electric cars. I also like the theory of the battery swap, although better batteries may make the concept redundant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Jezz I am looking for an entry point to Netflix, but no, it's price is solid no move

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭crushproof

Red red red red. Thought today was going to be a good one!

Added more baba & FPAC

FAR PEAK ACQUISITION CORP-A 25/02/2021 19:32:07 NSY Buy 500 $ 10.17 $ -5085.00

ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING 25/02/2021 19:29:16 NSY Buy 5 $ 242.20 $ -1,210.50

• Advertisement

Added more baba & FPAC

FAR PEAK ACQUISITION CORP-A 25/02/2021 19:32:07 NSY Buy 500 $ 10.17 $ -5085.00

ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING 25/02/2021 19:29:16 NSY Buy 5 $ 242.20 $ -1,210.50

I'm still holding Far Peak. I bought in at 10.60 a bit back though so I'm a bit down on it.

Alibaba I literally sold just now at 242 but only because it was my break even price and I wanted to see if it would drop more. Still think it's a good company long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Not buying anything today. Will wait for tomorrow.

cronos wrote: »
    I'm still holding Far Peak. I bought in at 10.60 a bit back though so I'm a bit down on it.

Alibaba I literally sold just now at 242 but only because it was my break even price and I wanted to see if it would drop more. Still think it's a good company long term.

Far peak are now more or less at spac redemption value, I don't see any downside from here bar they don't find an investment then I loose 20c per share

Baba is a long term play for me, I want to come back in 5 years and see the share price at $800+, you may be right it could drop back more.
    The market at the moment feels like its giving speculative investments the slow boil frog treatment.

Far peak are now more or less at spac redemption value, I don't see any downside from here bar they don't find an investment then I loose 20c per share

Yeah if you're holding cash it's an absolute treasure trove of stuff and the in-built price floor at near-NAV means you've very little risk or depreciation going forward. I'm literally waiting for some stuff to bleed down a little more atm. Only notable appreciation in SPACs today is NGA - and that's between the school bus news and Cramer plugging it last night (mentioned it last night in the SPACs thread).

Some others to consider if you're looking that way would be MAAC, which is down near NAV and filed 2nd SPAC recently; strong team and medical sector. If you've access to units CPUH is another no-brainer around 10.50 and probably has the strongest domain experience people re:management team of any pre-rumour barring possibly VYGG. I'd follow the old Medtronics CEO into any acquisition after his performance the last decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I only use DeGiro now when I actually want to make a trade. I have my portfolio replicated in Yahoo finance which I find way handier and has fairly real time information. Fairly straightforward process albeit it will be a bit time consuming to set up different tranches of shares etc so you have a proper sense of your +/- overall.

Thanks for the tip, set this up earlier. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Topped up the following today

AMD
    Invitae
    Datadog
    AIRBNB

all the above bar last I've been holding for 12 months bar last. Markets already bouncing back from todays earlier losses

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

MurDawg wrote: »
    Topped up the following today

AMD
    Invitae
    Datadog
    AIRBNB

all the above bar last I've been holding for 12 months bar last. Markets already bouncing back from todays earlier losses

Wouldnt be so sure its over tbh the last few days its dropped sharply initally then recovered a bit and repeated the next day. But no harm in buying some anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

PBR is the one I am buying as went down the begging of this week and now the company released the last quarter of 2020 with the biggest record as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

bish76 wrote: »
    Not buying anything today. Will wait for tomorrow.

Oh the temptations. Got Redfin @75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Picked up some Jfrog, NET and PLTR...some good bargains out there

Zillow, Fastly, AI n Alteryx all at great price...keep some powder dry for recovery stocks though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Looking forward to Etsy earnings beating expectations and the stock going down further AH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

bish76 wrote: »
    Oh the temptations. Got Redfin @75

Did the same got some REDFIN at $74.
    Was tracking them but your post nudged me to check, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Zillow, Fastly, AI n Alteryx all at great price...keep some powder dry for recovery stocks though

Picked up small amount of net and pltr also, alongside peri nvta tdoc 10x. Only fear is maybe I've jumped in too soon, how much more pain are we in for yet? I'm drip feeding cash into my degiro to slow me down some bit ha.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Picked up small amount of net and pltr also, alongside peri nvta tdoc 10x. Only fear is maybe I've jumped in too soon, how much more pain are we in for yet? I'm drip feeding cash into my degiro to slow me down some bit ha.

Always difficult to call these things. But I decided to reduce my riskier positions that were break even. I've kept some close to NAV spac's that are down around 10 percent in hope that they will eventually come good. I cut IPOF though and ended up taking a loss on GSAH which I suspect I'll end up regretting as I can't see Goldman allowing that SPAC to fail but might help me sleep better having less risk haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Timmaay wrote:

Same here, hope the funds jump in tomorrow to pick bargains..:) very little cash left now... gonna hold it to pick one or two recovery stocks

That's an incredibly insightful play and one I wasn't expecting to see here. I actually can't believe the price drop over the last few months - JFrogs Artifactory in particular is one of the core components for enterprise level businesses building out cloud-native microservice stuff (i.e. everyone worth talking about). Anything remotely Kubernetes aligned is going to absolutely moon in the medium term, and it fits neatly into the vertical tiers of both MSFT and AMZN, not to mention a huge amount of Telco and Financial bluechips. Fill your boots at current pricelines for sure!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Looking forward to Etsy earnings beating expectations and the stock going down further AH!

Up 11% - at least positive today to make up for the decline recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

I think ABNB is good value at $182. Probably some regulatory headwinds in the short / medium term but I'd be fairly bullish on it long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

pioneerpro wrote: »
    That's an incredibly insightful play and one I wasn't expecting to see here. I actually can't believe the price drop over the last few months - JFrogs Artifactory in particular is one of the core components for enterprise level businesses building out cloud-native microservice stuff (i.e. everyone worth talking about). Anything remotely Kubernetes aligned is going to absolutely moon in the medium term, and it fits neatly into the vertical tiers of both MSFT and AMZN, not to mention a huge amount of Telco and Financial bluechips. Fill your boots at current pricelines for sure!

JFrog is closing today at a 52 week low after a long slide today though! Still more to fall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

MAJJ wrote: »
    Did the same got some REDFIN at $74.
    Was tracking them but your post nudged me to check, thanks

Bought some too but raging I had a buy order set at 80 which I'd forgotten about, checked in today to see 1 transaction.. annoying

Advertisement