Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭borus22222

Between Tilray and CCIV all profits from this year gone and I'm back to December levels. Kicking myself ...

NIO run-up to earnings will be interesting - I can see this reaching 65-70 in March.

With new stilumus voted Friday the expected correction might be delayed. Tuesday pullback might be big money getting a nice discount.

VARTA - battery producers in Germany with potential deal with car manufacturers is an interesting pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭littlevillage

No I disagree, my average on Exxon is $37, price of Oil is going up, it's a solid company with really good reserves in friendly places and pays a decent dividend. I'll sell some ExxonMoblie at $70.
    Aryzta is not everyone's cuppa tea, it has risks with the debt but the fire-sale of assets is over. Canadian bakery giant George Weston Ltd has already upped it's offer for just the US bakery side to 80CHF which is the market cap of thee company now!
    Everyone has something bad to say about Aryzta, maybe they got burnt in the past idk, or just a fad. I'm up 100% since last year, plus I see this as a turn-around, it's happening over the last 2 years, the battle for control is over. It's now been ran by Urs Jordi, this guy is good. The rewards for a turnaround here are significant, I feel this will be north of €4 in the next 5 years.

I was long Disney with over 18 months, to be honest, I just wanted to do a swap for Netflix.
    The FTSE 100 ETF, I was up 35% in 4 months, I felt it was overdone which I was right and it has pulled back since. I may take up the position again if it continues to drop but when I bought in the ftse was at 5650.

Good reply.

Yes, was stung badly by Aryzta a few years back. Still find it difficult to talk about :'-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Good reply.

Yes, was stung badly by Aryzta a few years back. Still find it difficult to talk about :'-(
    I know that feeling too, I'm old guard who held bank shares pre 2010, it's like being a Vietnam vet now!!
    idk if Aryzta slips back to the 60chf range then I'll now somethings not right and bail.
    borus22222 wrote: »
    Between Tilray and CCIV all profits from this year gone and I'm back to December levels. Kicking myself ...

NIO run-up to earnings will be interesting - I can see this reaching 65-70 in March.

With new stilumus voted Friday the expected correction might be delayed. Tuesday pullback might be big money getting a nice discount.

VARTA - battery producers in Germany with potential deal with car manufacturers is an interesting pick.

Not a fan of NIO, I think folks need to do DD here, you'll see the real ownership of this crowd, they love to issue shares with ownership of Nio the car company down to <80%.

CCIV aka Lucid. I made money from the spac, but again I'm not a fan of Lucid, I don't believe their performance figures for the cars, it's a bit of another Nikola in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Not a fan of NIO, I think folks need to do DD here, you'll see the real ownership of this crowd, they love to issue shares with ownership of Nio the car company down to <80%.

CCIV aka Lucid. I made money from the spac, but again I'm not a fan of Lucid, I don't believe their performance figures for the cars, it's a bit of another Nikola in that respect.

Both of these points are completely on the money. Talked about the joke figures they're publishing in their prospectus here re:Lucid. Given their background and the published statements about the actual tech, I don't believe it for a second. Maserati are entering the market in a big way next year as well and will show them what a luxury oriented super-EV sedan should look like imo.
    borus22222 wrote: »

THCB(Microvast) has gone a bit sideways in recent times, even with the announcement of the battery factories in the US. This is then compounded with the two recent news stories - SKI is banned from the US market for 10 years recently due to IP theft, and they're a major supply chain dependency for some of these EV guys:

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/02/15/itc-sides-with-lg-chem-in-sk-innovation-patent-infringement-case/

Similarly, hyundai just announced this massive recall so consumer sentiment is a bit flat on the sector in general. Hopefully the Biden Green Deal will bolster the EV/Battery vertical a bit, but I'd say in conjunction with the recent CHIP act that it's going to be more semi-conductor focused.

https://www.ft.com/content/b742f5ec-44e2-4f3d-9a63-05662eab0f0b

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

Never read some much waffle on this board.

While the SPAC expert was talking CCIV spikes 3 points. Good luck to anyone trading this market environment through fundamental analysis. Maybe come back when people care about it. Right now it running on sentiment whether you think it or not.

And this board is not a bunch of YOLOers or penny stock merchants. GL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Treppen wrote: »
    So the love for PSTH is gone ?

Ah feic it I'm gonna stay and see where it goes.
    No I still hold PSTH. For disclosure I still hold that IPOF. Bought both close to NAV so up 50% on both. Not sure I'd be buying where they are now until we hear more news.

My comment was more compared to where I was last year, where I had 15 -20 stocks and 10 SPACS. Reading into them, there's far too much wishy washy numbers in them for my liking. Every presentation is far too optimistic, talking about how big an industry will be in 2030,or how big the total market is (and they then assume this is going to take over the market). From what I hear they're not as regimented in how they need to show projections, as a floated company would be.

By all means, if you can grab the jump from $10 - $15, take it, but after that it's more for trades than investments.

GME great short in the 150's. Offering coming with Bell out. GL

While the SPAC expert was talking CCIV spikes 3 points.

Lmfao, are you actually trying to justify some point based on pre-market volume? A market you don't have access to in any case? :D

I've said multiple times in this thread and others that I believed that CCIV would probably recover to $35 by EOW, and that it deserves to go for $38 under normal circumstances (pre-GME run of course). I also pointed out why there's such mad volatility, which is immediately confirmable by publicly accessible sources.

There's a page of people upset about their timing of entry/exit points with CCIV in the last day - your timing and SPAC knowledge is obviously impeccable, maybe give them the head-ups rather than after-timing with me on some projected chip on your shoulder you have. I certainly dgaf as long as I make my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Two listings that would be baggers would be Starlink and Stripe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

Two listings that would be baggers would be Starlink and Stripe

Stripe are doing another round of private funding (or so they are saying)

• Advertisement

Starlink would be nice but I don't think the ordinary plob is going to get a look in until after an IPO and the thing has doubled pre-market

Starlink would be nice but I don't think the ordinary plob is going to get a look in until after an IPO and the thing has doubled pre-market

This exactly - look at the recent Bumble launch. Anything remotely hyped or recognisable goes 2x valuation on IPO day. Roblox is going DPO which is a bit saner, but still bubbly. SPAC is the best route if you want to get in on the ground floor imo, but you've a bit of speculation and DD required prior to try and nail down the target and its only applicable for smaller stuff for the most part.

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Lmfao, are you actually trying to justify some point based on pre-market volume? A market you don't have access to in any case? :D

I've said multiple times in this thread and others that I believed that CCIV would probably recover to $35 by EOW, and that it deserves to go for $38 under normal circumstances (pre-GME run of course). I also pointed out why there's such mad volatility, which is immediately confirmable by publicly accessible sources.

There's a page of people upset about their timing of entry/exit points with CCIV in the last day - your timing and SPAC knowledge is obviously impeccable, maybe give them the head-ups rather than after-timing with me on some projected chip on your shoulder you have. I certainly dgaf as long as I make my money.

Some of us have a broker that allows us to start trading at 4am EST. I thought someone with your apparent knowledge would know that.

While you harp on about this and that some of us are making money. We made money before your analysis and chances are we would do the same if you went back to twitter. You seem to have elected yourself as the saviour of us SPAC holders. It's ridiculous.

Some of us have a broker that allows us to start trading at 4am EST.

While you harp on about this and that some of us are making money.

To be frank, I don't believe that you do in either case based on your post history and chip-in-shoulder attitude. GL with your short.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

Well it isn't Coinbase anyway https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coinbase-makes-direct-listing-application-124027962.html

Not sure if they were in the PSTH mixer

Some of us have a broker that allows us to start trading at 4am EST. I thought someone with your apparent knowledge would know that.

While you harp on about this and that some of us are making money. We made money before your analysis and chances are we would do the same if you went back to twitter. You seem to have elected yourself as the saviour of us SPAC holders. It's ridiculous.
    To be frank, I don't believe that you do in either case based on your post history and chip-in-shoulder attitude. GL with your short.

ah lads play the Ball not the man.
    Investments & Markets - Share Picks 2021 is a small community of us, unknown to the reddits and stock forms of the world, yet unique in that we don't get the BS of them places.
    I realize the need to vent at times, but just take a step back and look as an outsider to see is there any merit before venting back

100% - came here to offer viewpoints, share knowledge and understand the pros and cons of my positions in a dialogue with other people in a friendly setting. No idea why that after-timer, who seems to spend most of posts picking fights, is wasting his breath on me tbh, but its certainly getting toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Well, brace yourselves. GME is still flying in pre-market which given the last time, meant that the rest of the market got a bit wonky. Let's see if there's some more bargains to be had.

Will be watching with a keen eye. I see no reason for it to go beyond what it currently is other than sheer hype. I'd say it'll pump up and bomb within the day. I have one share left from around $50 mark so wouldn't mind watching where the run goes to but I'll be selling it today, that's for sure.

Here you go lad

Investments & Markets - Share Picks 2021 is a small community of us, unknown to the reddits and stock forms of the world, yet unique in that we don't get the BS of them places.
    I realize the need to vent at times, but just take a step back and look as an outsider to see is there any merit before venting back

You're right, I apologize. I just can't stand spoofers. Twitter is full of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

You're right, I apologize. I just can't stand spoofers. Twitter is full of them.

It's not twitter, there's some aftertiming in here but nothing massive. Mostly people offering their opinions on stocks and the market in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Reddit is the worst I cant look there every post is calling people retards and X to the Moon. Twitter is good for quickly analysing a ticker to get more information but full of pumpers as well. A good feed gives great info, lots of good spac accounts doing good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Here you go lad

What platform are you with if you don't mind me asking? You seem to be purchasing in after hours based on the transaction time, which is something I want to do.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Reddit is the worst I cant look there every post is calling people retards and X to the Moon. Twitter is good for quickly analysing a ticker to get more information but full of pumpers as well. A good feed gives great info, lots of good spac accounts doing good work.

Reddit posters are crazy. They're calling for GME to hit 800 cause it's the highest Call strike. Very simplistic view but who the hell knows with this market.

Had organized a work meeting yesterday for half two today that will go on for a couple of hours, don't think my staff will be too impressed if I reschedule at this late stage, hope I don't miss too much of the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

I am holding a small position (60 stocks) in UWM holdings. Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Not sure if anyone follows Dave Portnoy but he is genuinely hilarious. Davey Day Trader Global is his account, will be interesting to watch this afternoon as it unfolds.

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente

Not sure if anyone follows Dave Portnoy but he is genuinely hilarious. Davey Day Trader Global is his account, will be interesting to watch this afternoon as it unfolds.

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente

His interview with the RH CEO the other night was hilariously rough towards the end and was quite funny. Especially worth watching in light of Vlad's promise to never stop trading again, and RH's absolute guarantee of doing so today based on their tweets last night re: technical difficulties :D

Fair play, I was going to say ye could always put each other on the Ignore list but that would be a pity as ye both seem very sharp in the analysis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Fair play for Vlad for joining him, he was breaking his **** laughing when Dave was showing the phone recording :D and just takes everything on the chin, I haven't watched all of it yet though. He could have easily hid away from all of the interviews.

Advertisement