Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

17togo wrote: »
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/clare-on-the-brink-of-fiery-implosion-5rrtznllb

And we have lift off....

Mark Tighe a good credible journalist to give it a bit of traction.

I was just coming here to post that, hopefully it'll grow wings now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭Figerty

Clareman wrote: »
    I was just coming here to post that, hopefully it'll grow wings now

And shines a light on a lot more than just this.It's not a Lohan vs Davy thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Figerty wrote: »
    And shines a light on a lot more than just this.It's not a Lohan vs Davy thing.

Its showing that it's a Fitz thing, which it is, if the man had any interest in Clare GAA he'd announce his retirement and just disappear

Its showing that it's a Fitz thing, which it is, if the man had any interest in Clare GAA he'd announce his retirement and just disappear

Not till Davy's crew are in place to keep running the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/clare-on-the-brink-of-fiery-implosion-5rrtznllb

And we have lift off....

Mick Foley wrote it not Tighe. I doubt Tighe, great hack that he is, knows one end of a hurley from the other tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

dohboy wrote: »
    Mick Foley wrote it not Tighe. I doubt Tighe, great hack that he is, knows one end of a hurley from the other tbh.

Online sub editor probably credited it to Tighe before correcting it to Foley.

Well it looks like he's willing to learn

https://twitter.com/marktigheST/status/1363429586579644419?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭17togo

Apologies, just saw Tighe tweeted it so assumed he wrote it. Whoever wrote it just the fact it's in a national newspaper is the main thing.

You'd imagine now that it's in the papers that some investigation will need to happen, whether that's into LITs GPS or cheques being cashed or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

And we have lift off....

Any chance someone can screenshot this link. I'm not a subscriber.

• Advertisement

That might stir things up so. If something gets into the news section - Tighe's domain - it becomes a bigger story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

See also Dermot Crowe in yesterdays Indo.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭bonzothedog

just heard about the GPS story there, mad stuff altogether,

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

It's great to see this in the national media. No doubt that behind the scenes there are attempts being made to get around the proposed motion on a technicality but with increased attention hopefully they'll have no choice. Up to the clubs now.........

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭17togo

https://clarechampion.ie/clare-clubs-give-backing-to-eire-og-motion-for-strategic-review-of-clare-gaa/

A good night then!? Hopefully it's the start of a bit of professionalism. And the end of a dictatorship.

https://clarechampion.ie/clare-clubs-give-backing-to-eire-og-motion-for-strategic-review-of-clare-gaa/

A good night then!? Hopefully it's the start of a bit of professionalism. And the end of a dictatorship.

To quote what I just got on WhatsApp
    "Clare GAA have signed off on a 5 year plan to review Clare GAA, Pat is delighted, he's 4 years 11 months to do as he wants before anything changes and if anyone questions anything it was proposed by Eire Og & voted for unopposed by all the clubs, not only are the turkeys voting for Christmas they are the ones that came up the idea of the roast"

I've heard that the finance and Caherlohan committees have been approved as well with the only rules being that the county board and proposing clubs can nominate members of the committees

"Clare GAA have signed off on a 5 year plan to review Clare GAA, Pat is delighted, he's 4 years 11 months to do as he wants before anything changes and if anyone questions anything it was proposed by Eire Og & voted for unopposed by all the clubs, not only are the turkeys voting for Christmas they are the ones that came up the idea of the roast"

Where does it say it'll take five years, or am I missing something?

Where does it say it'll take five years, or am I missing something?

It's a 5 year plan that's going to be created, so that plan will be for 5 years, I'm sure some of the points won't take the full 5 years to implement but it will be for the next 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

Jaysus Clareman, that's a fierce negative way of looking at things.

I know it's far from solving the problems in Clare GAA in one swoop, but it certainly a positive step in the right direction.

• Advertisement

BnB wrote: »
    Jaysus Clareman, that's a fierce negative way of looking at things.

I know it's far from solving the problems in Clare GAA in one swoop, but it certainly a positive step in the right direction.

It's a great step forward but only if it's done right which I hope it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

It's a great step forward but only if it's done right which I hope it will be.

I do agree. It's very important now that last night's meeting isn't seen as winning the war and momentum is allowed to be lost and the same BS carries on for another 4 or 5 years

BnB wrote: »
    I do agree. It's very important now that last night's meeting isn't seen as winning the war and momentum is allowed to be lost and the same BS carries on for another 4 or 5 years

My fear is that there'll be a lit of pie in the sky stuff that won't be delivered on and just fall through the cracks, the fact that the initial proposal was shown to be incorrect, needs to have a board member and mentioned 5 positions but really is was 6 or 7 shows me that whereas it's a great idea that following through on it could be an issue.

From the outside looking in, Clare GAA's 5 Year strategic plan could be something along the lines of
    • Appoint CEO to oversee everything
    • Maximize sponsorship
    • Increase youth development squads
    • Appoint Directors of Excellence for Hurling and Football
    • Complete Caherlohan
    • Sell/Improve Clare Abbey
    • Make money off Cusack Park

Looking at them, this magical position of CEO (which looks to be the minimum requirement to get on a committee in Eire Og) will only be any good if there is structures in place as well as a team, there's a full time executive (Pat Fitz), he'd have to be considered the incompant for this role, he'd either have to get it or his existing role to be made redundant.

For the sponsorship, that's a case of going cap in hand to people, we've done that a lot of times (Clare Hurlers Supporters Club anyone?).

The other stuff is all window dressing. Hopefully rather than just getting bullet points or pie in the sky stuff that there'll be actual results from this committee, I also hope that the plan is made public so we can all see the work that's gone into it.

My fear is that there'll be a lit of pie in the sky stuff that won't be delivered on and just fall through the cracks, the fact that the initial proposal was shown to be incorrect, needs to have a board member and mentioned 5 positions but really is was 6 or 7 shows me that whereas it's a great idea that following through on it could be an issue.

From the outside looking in, Clare GAA's 5 Year strategic plan could be something along the lines of
    • Appoint CEO to oversee everything
    • Maximize sponsorship
    • Increase youth development squads
    • Appoint Directors of Excellence for Hurling and Football
    • Complete Caherlohan
    • Sell/Improve Clare Abbey
    • Make money off Cusack Park

Looking at them, this magical position of CEO (which looks to be the minimum requirement to get on a committee in Eire Og) will only be any good if there is structures in place as well as a team, there's a full time executive (Pat Fitz), he'd have to be considered the incompant for this role, he'd either have to get it or his existing role to be made redundant.

For the sponsorship, that's a case of going cap in hand to people, we've done that a lot of times (Clare Hurlers Supporters Club anyone?).

The other stuff is all window dressing. Hopefully rather than just getting bullet points or pie in the sky stuff that there'll be actual results from this committee, I also hope that the plan is made public so we can all see the work that's gone into it.

Loughnane lowered the blade again today.

By the way, how long do we have to wait for floodlights in Cusack park?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Considering there's 3 sets of top class floodlights on together sometimes in Limerick with the Markets Field, Thomond Park and The Gaelic Grounds., Ennis can surely have Cusack Park upgraded. Iv a feeling there'll be multiple objections due to it being town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭square ball

Is there many other county grounds that don't have a floodlit pitch?

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Considering there's 3 sets of top class floodlights on together sometimes in Limerick with the Markets Field, Thomond Park and The Gaelic Grounds., Ennis can surely have Cusack Park upgraded. Iv a feeling there'll be multiple objections due to it being town centre.

Objections don't mean success. They overspill of light is now minimal with good design.
    Lack of vision a few years ago meant no lights..

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Is there many other county grounds that don't have a floodlit pitch?

Walsh Park. Lighting not permitted in redevelopment plans either due to resident objections I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

They have them in Fraher field..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Feenie

Figerty wrote: »
    Loughnane lowered the blade again today.

By the way, how long do we have to wait for floodlights in Cusack park?

"loughnane lowered the blade again today"
    what exactly does that mean?

Advertisement