Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,216 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This is my favorite egg the Malteser crispy egg followed by the big Kinder one.
    5000159509053_3.JPG

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love the nutty Ferrero egg. I like eggs that aren't just chocolate, like FP's maltesers egg there. :)

cNxa10F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The Cadbury fruit and nut egg with fruit and nut actually in the egg is the best egg I've seen in years. Delish.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So today I learned I need ALL OF THE EASTER EGGS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Loughc wrote: »
    So today I learned I need ALL OF THE EASTER EGGS!!!

If we are not careful, we will get banned from the,

"From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation Thread"

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PaulT21 wrote: »

"From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation Thread"

I am ok with this :P

PaulT21 wrote: »

Sounds like a fair trade.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Got the kids (plus other half) a 1kg Lindt bunny (to share) for €34 delivered on Amazon and it got here in one piece.

Arrived today...now to keep it hidden until Easter lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I can always help you hide the bunny Sheep ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Autosport wrote: »
    I can always help you hide the bunny Sheep ;)

Lol, I need to hide it from myself too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Any one knocking around Ashbourne- Mr.Price has some large Yankee Christmas jars for €14.99 and a 6 votive Winter scent set for €7.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

washiskin wrote: »
    Any one knocking around Ashbourne- Mr.Price has some large Yankee Christmas jars for €14.99 and a 6 votive Winter scent set for €7.99.

Thanks, will say it to the wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I see Easter has arrived with a bang :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

This day three weeks is St. Patrick's Day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I actually bought some easter eggs already. Saw a good deal and taught sure no harm in getting them early.

Am I the only one still concerned by the odd reference to restrictions being brought back in for Dec/Jan 2021/2022 when winter respiratory illnesses tend to be at their peak anyway? I'm genuinely concerned that now lockdowns are perceived as the greatest weapon in the arsenal against the HSE being overrun is that they'll use them to cover up the fact our health system is sub standard (& has been for years now) & simply bring them back in every christmas.

I sincerely hope it doesnt come to that but I hear alarm bells going off when TD's & NPHET reps start throwing in these kind of placeholders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

I'm eyeing up the white chocolate oreo one.
    Found it online but delivery is €7!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

jellybear wrote: »
    I'm eyeing up the white chocolate oreo one.
    Found it online but delivery is €7!

They had them on Mr.Candy last week.Delivery is still a bit pricey but its a flat rate of a 5er so you could pick up some additional goodies too to make it seem more reasonable.

I've been keeping an eye on Mr Candy but they're sold out :( Will keep checking ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

DvB wrote: »
    Am I the only one still concerned by the odd reference to restrictions being brought back in for Dec/Jan 2021/2022 when winter respiratory illnesses tend to be at their peak anyway? I'm genuinely concerned that now lockdowns are perceived as the greatest weapon in the arsenal against the HSE being overrun is that they'll use them to cover up the fact our health system is sub standard (& has been for years now) & simply bring them back in every christmas.

I sincerely hope it doesnt come to that but I hear alarm bells going off when TD's & NPHET reps start throwing in these kind of placeholders.

The HSE has been a shambles now for a long time, and the fact that nothing has been done about that in the last year is very annoying, but not surprising. And we are paying the price for that mess.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    The HSE has been a shambles now for a long time, and the fact that nothing has been done about that in the last year is very annoying, but not surprising. And we are paying the price for that mess.

Exactly. That's why I have a horrible feeling that they may be tempted to hide that fact behind the excuse of seasonal outbreaks or suchlike for any future restrictions which are really just being used to cover up their negligence in upgrading the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

They had them on Mr.Candy last week.Delivery is still a bit pricey but its a flat rate of a 5er so you could pick up some additional goodies too to make it seem more reasonable.

Is that a website you can order chocolate off of? :D

I have no willpower...I caved and ordered 2 of the white oreo eggs...aswell as a few extra goodies!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

DenMan wrote: »

Yup! They stock a hape of American and Australian sweets.
    I got a surprise box from them a few weeks ago but they don't seem to be doing them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Yup! They stock a hape of American and Australian sweets.

I always found Aussie chocolate to be awful.

Posy wrote: »
    DvB wrote: »
    Exactly. That's why I have a horrible feeling that they may be tempted to hide that fact behind the excuse of seasonal outbreaks or suchlike for any future restrictions which are really just being used to cover up their negligence in upgrading the HSE.

As I see it (am not involved in health care in any capacity so could be way off), current provision of public health care in this country need to be scrapped and pretty much restarted from scratch. Throwing money at it or tinkering at the edges for the last number of decades has doing nothing to improve the situation, which will get worse with an aging population.

I don't believe there is the political will to tackle it, much like the pension crisis and it will be constant, sticky plasters on the broken leg approach.

DenMan wrote: »

Maybe you're paying for the delivery driver :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    As I see it (am not involved in health care in any capacity so could be way off), current provision of public health care in this country need to be scrapped and pretty much restarted from scratch. Throwing money at it or tinkering at the edges for the last number of decades has doing nothing to improve the situation, which will get worse with an aging population.

I don't believe there is the political will to tackle it, much like the pension crisis and it will be constant, sticky plasters on the broken leg approach.

Spot on.

And now they have the facility of using lockdowns as a sticky plaster at the first sign of stress or strain, coupled with the amount of people brainwashed by the doom mongering being peddled by our media theres probably no will to question any such a reintroduction either. The lack of media challenging throughout this has been a disgrace IMO.

I genuinely hope they wont go down the level 5 route again though, & the one thing reassuring me they'll avoid it is the cost of future lockdowns in terms of PUP/SW payments that any such actions will bring. Masks on public transport & cough etiquette & hand washing are all things the vast majority could live with I suspect (especially if it minimizes the spread of flu also) if everything else was reasonably normal.

The thoughts of Christmas being messed up every year :eek: not sure how I'd feel about that TBH. 2020 as a 1 off was bearable, repeated? No ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

:D The cheerfulness seems to have gone today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’m a day closer to death.

Advertisement