Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

King Mob wrote: »
    At no point anywhere in this thread have any of the questions actually been answered.

What do you think the Great Reset is?
    Why is this good/ bad?
    What is in it for Bill Gates?

You don't even have to believe that the great reset is in actually happening to very easily grasp the proposed explanations. It is not rocket science and its fundamentals should already be familiar to you if you have even a rudimentary understanding of globalisation. You are either being wilfully ignorant or you have another role here which you have not disclosed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

All discussed numerous times back "somewhere in the middle of the thread" you happened to miss (ie the entire thread)

Can't expect people to engage with you when you don't even bother to read any of the previous discussion.

Have a good one.
    Really?

So you'll be able to give us all a refresher then now won't you as clearly there is some group amnesia happening. Couple of simple bullet points to get us all back up to speed should be simple.

What is The Great Reset?
    Who is behind it?
    Why is it good/ bad?

WTF does it have to do with Bill Gates?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You don't even have to believe that the great reset is in actually happening to very easily grasp the proposed explanations.
    Which proposed explanations?
    None have been provided.

Well, aside from the ones talking about the mark of the beast and turning people into cyborgs...
    You are either being wilfully ignorant or you have another role here which you have not disclosed.
    Lol
    What other role are you referring to?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You don't even have to believe that the great reset is in actually happening to very easily grasp the proposed explanations. It is not rocket science and its fundamentals should already be familiar to you if you have even a rudimentary understanding of globalisation. You are either being wilfully ignorant or you have another role here which you have not disclosed.

But what is it?

Have seen vauge mentions of cycle lanes, climate change, government purchasing land, town planning and probably a couple of other things. Nothing to explain why any of these things are bad, or why some shady organisation under the guise of the WEF would be trying to secretly do something to cycle lanes though.

At least with conspiracy theories like JFK, moon landings, 9/11 and the like they make it clear what they are claiming, even if its for a load of nonsense reasons and totally implausible for anything to have happened how they claim.

This Great Reset is so much of a deep conspiracy they can't even manage to figure out what they are claiming it actually is. Best we've currently got is that it's so obvious that Russell Brand has it figured out, but they are unable to tell us what it is that Russell Brand is claiming for unknown reasons.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    At least with conspiracy theories like JFK, moon landings, 9/11 and the like they make it clear what they are claiming, even if its for a load of nonsense reasons and totally implausible for anything to have happened how they claim.

This Great Reset is so much of a deep conspiracy they can't even manage to figure out what they are claiming it actually is. Best we've currently got is that it's so obvious that Russell Brand has it figured out, but they are unable to tell us what it is that Russell Brand is claiming for unknown reasons.
    As I've said before, it's kept vague on purpose.

Conspiracy peddlers don't say what the Great reset is so they don't have to actually back up any claims and they don't run the risk of making a false prediction. And at the same time, by keeping it vague, it allows the idea to be plugged into a wide array of worldviews with little to no contradiction.

Conspiracy theorists like on this forum can't provide any definite answers because they aren't supplied any by the conspiracy peddlers they follow. And they can't think and make up their own answers because this would require thinking about the idea critically and thinking about the implications of it. Both things would lead to the realisation that it's a bit silly. Thus it's not allowed.

KingMob still hanging around here :D Man has no interest in conspiracies, yet spends all day on the forum. A special kind of dedication.

Mob, if you're reading this (ie 100% you are): I miss you, and we're going for a game of golf in 2025 when this virus clears the fairways. Hope you're well, brother.

Your old pal, Frosty.

KingMob still hanging around here :D Man has no interest in conspiracies, yet spends all day on the forum. A special kind of dedication.
    But I am interested in conspiracy theories. I just don't buy into them.

In particular I'm endlessly curious why folks like yourself believe things that are kind of obviously nonsense, then continue you believe them when you realise you can't defend them or make any sense of them, and then go to such lengths to avoid considering that your beliefs aren't true.

For instance, rather than explaining simply what you believe the Great Reset is, since you can't, you're going on these odd personal attacks.
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

All discussed numerous times back "somewhere in the middle of the thread" you happened to miss (ie the entire thread)

Can't expect people to engage with you when you don't even bother to read any of the previous discussion.

Have a good one.

Most of the points and questions were never properly addressed in the first place.

Keep in mind every conspiracy theorist here has their own unique (and contradictory) take on the Great Reset. All of which are vague. They range from the "devil" is taking over, to "the Communists" and everything in between. Trying to ask basic common sense questions of any of them results in Olympics levels of evasion. It's self-evident why that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The official US Congress committee set up to investigate the spate of high profile assassinations in that era concluded that JFK's murder was as a result of a conspiracy.
    The committee believes, on the basis of the evidence available to it, that Kennedy was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy. The committee was unable to identify the other gunmen or the extent of the conspiracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Assassinations

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    The official US Congress committee set up to investigate the spate of high profile assassinations in that era concluded that JFK's murder was as a result of a conspiracy.

From your own link, the committee was controversial to say the least, marred by resignations, and the conclusion was vague.

Later review deemed the acoustic evidence not sufficient:

"In a Justice Department memo to the House Judiciary Committee in 1988, the Assistant Attorney General formally reviewed the recommendations of the HSCA report and reported a conclusion of active investigations.[5] In light of investigative reports from the FBI's Technical Services Division and the National Academy of Science Committee determining that "reliable acoustic data do not support a conclusion that there was a second gunman", the Justice Department concluded "that no persuasive evidence can be identified to support the theory of a conspiracy in … the assassination of President Kennedy".[5]"

To date there isn't any credible JFK alternative theory. Which is why it firmly remains within conspiracy theory bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Relax there, chief. Based on your quick reply, you never even watched the video. This topic has already been discussed a hell of a lot on here. I'm just sharing this for others as it's gaining a lot of popularity on YouTube now. It's good to see such a potentially important topic getting coverage from someone with a wide audience like Brand's. Based on the videos trending and the large engagement thus far, it's clear others are interested also.

Can never understand why some of you get so defensive about these things and almost demand definitive answers about something still in progress, and for which the true underlying motives are still unclear.

Only if you are watching other sh!te like it. At the moment my YouTube is filled with Cocomelon, Xmas songs and other crap like that.

sabat wrote: »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Assassinations

There was a conspiracy to kill him between multiple people, but that is different from things suggested by conspiracy theorists who would probably be claiming it was the CIA or something.

The 9/11 attack was also a conspiracy between Bin Laden and others to attack the US, and the scientific and engineering community of the US conspired to launch some people to the moon on a rocket.

Really need a different word for use in relation to conspiracy theorists and its alternative use. :)

Really need a different word for use in relation to conspiracy theorists and its alternative use. :)

Fantasy speculators.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BigAndy21

The Great Reset is Communism presented in a lovey duvy way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

BigAndy21 wrote: »
    The Great Reset is Communism presented in a lovey duvy way.

Thanks for the detailed specifics. I'm a believer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BigAndy21

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Thanks for the detailed specifics. I'm a believer now.

You don't need to believe man, your already in it. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Getting stressed about a book is just weird. Relax and listen to the words of this song...it’s so true.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Russell Brand making some interesting videos lately on The Great Reset, Bill Gates etc. Some of them are trending over on YouTube. Based on censorship patterns over the last while re: these topics, it's possible they will be taken down soon as well.

Thanks for that, an interesting video. Russel Brand is entertaining, and I'd agree with some of what he says, but not all.

The video he plays at the start is based on a 2016 WEF article "8 predictions for the world in 2030"
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/8-predictions-for-the-world-in-2030/

The first prediction "you will own nothing and you will be happy" itself comes from a 2016 WEF article written by Danish MEP Ida Auken
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/how-life-could-change-2030/

At the end of that article she says
    "Author's note: Some people have read this blog as my utopia or dream of the future. It is not. It is a scenario showing where we could be heading - for better and for worse."
    so just keep that in mind,
    and also that it's just one of hundreds of articles discussed by approx 3,000 people who attend (it seems to essentially be a big talking shop!)
    -here is their most recent 'agenda' https://www.weforum.org/focus/davos-2020-collection
    (some interesting, some not so ..., nothing about enslaving the world!!)

Russel Brand then devotes the second half of his video to quoting extensively from Naomi Klein, from the following article
    https://theintercept.com/2020/12/08/great-reset-conspiracy/

Here are some more quotes from Naomi Klein, from that article (bits which are relevant to this thread) ...

"A viral conspiracy theory blends together legitimate critiques with truly dangerous anti-vaccination fantasies and outright coronavirus denialism."

"Writing about “The Great Reset” is not easy. It has turned into a viral conspiracy theory purporting to expose something no one ever attempted to hide, most of which is not really happening anyway, some of which actually should."

"In short, the Great Reset encompasses some good stuff that won’t happen and some bad stuff that certainly will and, frankly, nothing out of the ordinary in our era of “green” billionaires readying rockets for Mars. Indeed, anyone with even a cursory knowledge of Davos speak, and the number of times it has attempted to rebrand capitalism as a slightly buggy poverty alleviation and ecological restoration program, will recognize the vintage champagne in this online carafe. "

I think a lot of people may agree with the points that both Brand and Klein make about massive corporations, etc., and criticisms of the WEF.

However this is different to what I've seen promoted by other posters on this thread, and I think Klein nails it in the quotes above!!

I'd be interested in your response!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

BigAndy21 wrote: »
    You don't need to believe man, your already in it. Enjoy

Ah cool. So the Great Reset is already here! Interesting. So when is all my stuff being taken away? You know it being communism and all that. I want to know when can I expect my private property to be confiscated. I just want to be at home the day "they" call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Russell Brand making some interesting videos lately on The Great Reset, Bill Gates etc. Some of them are trending over on YouTube. Based on censorship patterns over the last while re: these topics, it's possible they will be taken down soon as well.

Well if Russel Brand says so!

Only if you are watching other sh!te like it. At the moment my YouTube is filled with Cocomelon, Xmas songs and other crap like that.

I don't think you understand what "trending" means. Trending refers to platform wide popularity/virality.

You're talking about video recommendations, where YouTube provides you with videos based on what you personally have previously watched. Hence you're seeing "Cocomelon" in your feed, whatever that is :pac:

They're two completely different things, anyway.

Well if Russel Brand says so!

Considering you can't even spell someone's name correctly that is written right in front of you, I doubt we're going to get any meaningful insight or answers from your good self re: world conspiracies :D

I don't think you understand what "trending" means. Trending refers to platform wide popularity/virality.

You're talking about video recommendations, where YouTube provides you with videos based on what you personally have previously watched. Hence you're seeing "Cocomelon" in your feed, whatever that is :pac:

They're two completely different things, anyway.

Was worried that you'd deserted us overnight.

Do you have any understanding as to what the Great Reset is in your opinion and why it is a bad thing?

If you'd rather talk about trends on social media or spelling of minor celebrities names there are probably better forums for that.

If you'd rather talk about trends on social media or spelling of minor celebrities names there are probably better forums for that.

Says he/she who tries to participate in a thread whilst admitting they haven't read any of the previous discussion.

Says he/she who tries to participate in a thread whilst admitting they haven't read any of the previous discussion.

Do you have any explanation for what you believe the Great Reset is and why this is a bad thing?

Please use your own words and don't refer to any links to blogs on the WEF site or videos on YouTube by minor celebrities. If it has been as extensively covered as you claim within this thread then you should be easily able to provide a one or two line explanation far more easily than continuing to post in ways to avoid answering the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I watched all twelve minutes of the Brand YouTube video. He doesn't say anything that I didn't already know. He doesn't say anything that I think I should be worried about. Much ado about nothing.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

This person on Twitter does amazing threads about health passports, technology, and the Great Reset:

https://twitter.com/SikhForTruth/status/1367488779024535565

https://twitter.com/SikhForTruth/status/1367853572503834627

Can any posters wo are good on technology comment on what he says?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

This person on Twitter does amazing threads about health passports, technology, and the Great Reset:

https://twitter.com/SikhForTruth/status/1367488779024535565

https://twitter.com/SikhForTruth/status/1367853572503834627

Can any posters wo are good on technology comment on what he says?

Stop getting info from twitter... That's what you need to know about technology

• Advertisement

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Stop getting info from twitter... That's what you need to know about technology

Twitter isn't all bad. It can be good for learning new things.

In truth We Trust backs up everything they say with links and quotes. And they don't appear to be taken out of context.

Advertisement