Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

robinph wrote: »
    Was worried that you'd deserted us overnight.

Do you have any understanding as to what the Great Reset is in your opinion and why it is a bad thing?

If you'd rather talk about trends on social media or spelling of minor celebrities names there are probably better forums for that.

What's your understanding of it rob?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Twitter isn't all bad. It can be good for learning new things.

In truth We Trust backs up everything they say with links and quotes. And they don't appear to be taken out of context.

Flat earthers back up what they say with links and quotes. It doesn't mean anything unless the evidence is credible, coherent and substantiated.

There hasn't any conspiracy theory about the "great reset" presented in this thread that doesn't fall apart at the slightest scrutiny and involve it's supporters immediately dodging questions like politicians

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Flat earthers back up what they say with links and quotes. It doesn't mean anything unless the evidence is credible, coherent and substantiated.

There hasn't any conspiracy theory about the "great reset" presented in this thread that doesn't fall apart at the slightest scrutiny and involve it's supporters immediately dodging questions like politicians

I don't believe belief in the earth being flat is comparable to what In Truth We Trust is talking about. He shows all the different apps and types of technology that are in the works and their implications for liberty and society as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

This person on Twitter does amazing threads about health passports, technology, and the Great Reset:

https://twitter.com/SikhForTruth/status/1367488779024535565

https://twitter.com/SikhForTruth/status/1367853572503834627

Can any posters wo are good on technology comment on what he says?

I'm no expert but I'm gonna go with he's talking bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I don't believe belief in the earth being flat is comparable to what In Truth We Trust is talking about. He shows all the different apps and types of technology that are in the works and their implications for liberty and society as a whole.

I lost faith in " truth we trust " when they claimed Barack Obama is Hitler's grandson.
    Everyone knows he's his granddaughter and then had a sex change!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

The "Known Traveler Digital Identity (KTDI)" just seems to be a digital equivalent of a passport, and it is stored on your phone.
    It has your id information, along with some biometric information, such as retina scan or fingerprint, all encrypted using blockchain, which makes it difficult or impossible to fake, and so it can be used to identify you.

With this you would not need to carry a paper passport, and you can travel and identify yourself using your phone.

I can't really understand the concerns that "In Truth We Trust" is articulating, as he's not very clear. I can't see how this is any 'worse' than a real passport, as some airports already record your details and scan your retina, and some US airports take your finger prints, etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What's your understanding of it rob?

No idea, was kind of hoping that the people who seem so terrified about it might be able to explain what exactly it is that they are terrified about.

But all we get is some name dropping, things about property no longer existing, occasionally something about climate change or population reduction, cycle lanes popped up at one point as the great evil, and satan being in control of BitCoin. Now apparently it's about having digital passport documents on our phones.

I liked the sound of the improved cycle lanes theory so if you have more details on that it would be nice.

Same thing. He sells disinformation. He's an anti-vaxxer and a crank. Another "1984" style scare-merchant selling lies that are comforting to people with those types of extreme world views.

PintOfView wrote: »
    The "Known Traveler Digital Identity (KTDI)" just seems to be a digital equivalent of a passport, and it is stored on your phone.
    It has your id information, along with some biometric information, such as retina scan or fingerprint, all encrypted using blockchain, which makes it difficult or impossible to fake, and so it can be used to identify you.

With this you would not need to carry a paper passport, and you can travel and identify yourself using your phone.

I can't really understand the concerns that "In Truth We Trust" is articulating, as he's not very clear. I can't see how this is any 'worse' than a real passport, as some airports already record your details and scan your retina, and some US airports take your finger prints, etc.

Do you not find the following concerning:

"You see each hotel stay, purchase, or other transaction would become like a border crossing permanently stamped in your passport as part of a digital “trip pass” subject to inspection on demand by authorities at subsequent “intervention” points:"

"All of this data is intended to be linked and used to discriminate between travelers whose ID-linked pre-crime profiles are scored as “high risk” or “low risk”:"

"Individuals could be picked out of a crowd for “blacklisting” using automated facial recognition, “without stopping or acknowledging the camera.” So it can be used for surreptitious, non-consensual mass surveillance."

And he backs up everything he says with sources and images. This isn't a case of believing what he says because it looks legit. He has sources. I have checked out his sources and he doesn't appear to be taking them out of context.

And he backs up everything he says with sources and images.

Wow.

Linking sources, images and text doesn't mean something is backed up.

Here's an example for you:

On 9/11 attacks were not as they seemed. A new study shows building 7 didn't collapse due to office fires. This documentary demonstrates many of the flaws and holes in the official story.

That's above is all bull**** of course, but it takes far less effort to produce bull**** than to refute it.

(Aaaand if I know anything about this forum, now you think 9/11 is an inside job)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Do you not find the following concerning:

"You see each hotel stay, purchase, or other transaction would become like a border crossing permanently stamped in your passport as part of a digital “trip pass” subject to inspection on demand by authorities at subsequent “intervention” points:"

"All of this data is intended to be linked and used to discriminate between travelers whose ID-linked pre-crime profiles are scored as “high risk” or “low risk”:"

"Individuals could be picked out of a crowd for “blacklisting” using automated facial recognition, “without stopping or acknowledging the camera.” So it can be used for surreptitious, non-consensual mass surveillance."

And he backs up everything he says with sources and images. This isn't a case of believing what he says because it looks legit. He has sources. I have checked out his sources and he doesn't appear to be taking them out of context.

Ok, just take the first point you/he makes, re each hotel stay, etc., permanently stamped in your digital passport.

You say you have checked it out. Where does it say that the hotels can put information into your KTID wallet?
    It looked to me like you had the choice of what to put in your wallet.

If you chose to put additional info from a hotel in, then they might check you in quicker next time, but it's your choice.
    And the wallet is not online, only on your phone, so 'big brother' can't see it!
    How is it different to existing loyalty cards from hotels & airlines?

Re travellers being classified as high risk or low risk, this happens in every airport today?
    An Irish Granny will be very unlikely to bomb a plane, and unlikely to get a quizzing from security,
    whereas a 25 yr old male from the middle east is likely to be checked out much more thoroughly.

30 years ago, if you were Irish coming through British airports you were checked out more than British people.
    If you were responsible for security how would you approach it?

PintOfView wrote: »
    Ok, just take the first point you/he makes, re each hotel stay, etc., permanently stamped in your digital passport.

You say you have checked it out. Where does it say that the hotels can put information into your KTID wallet?
    It looked to me like you had the choice of what to put in your wallet.

If you chose to put additional info from a hotel in, then they might check you in quicker next time, but it's your choice.
    And the wallet is not online, only on your phone, so 'big brother' can't see it!
    How is it different to existing loyalty cards from hotels & airlines?

Re travellers being classified as high risk or low risk, this happens in every airport today?
    An Irish Granny will be very unlikely to bomb a plane, and unlikely to get a quizzing from security,
    whereas a 25 yr old male from the middle east is likely to be checked out much more thoroughly.

30 years ago, if you were Irish coming through British airports you were checked out more than British people.
    If you were responsible for security how would you approach it?

All good points. What he's saying does sound scarier when not broken down and examined as you did.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Wow.

Linking sources, images and text doesn't mean something is backed up.

Here's an example for you:

On 9/11 attacks were not as they seemed. A new study shows building 7 didn't collapse due to office fires. This documentary demonstrates many of the flaws and holes in the official story.

That's above is all bull**** of course, but it takes far less effort to produce bull**** than to refute it.

(Aaaand if I know anything about this forum, now you think 9/11 is an inside job)

Thanks. I'll read that study and watch that documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

All good points. What he's saying does sound scarier when not broken down and examined as you did.

This is why you should stay off twitter, or break down and examine literally everything you read there.

Thanks. I'll read that study and watch that documentary.

It's a pseudo-scientific study and a deceptive documentary. Check to see if you can spot the tell-tale signs, if you can't, then there's no hope.

For those who are interested, Neil Clark has written about how the extension of the furlough scheme in the UK suggests lockdowns will last until the end of the year at least. He highlights how this was the case with previous extensions of the scheme. He also says that the reason it's being done is because of the Great Reset: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/517358-lockdown-furlough-extended-september/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

For those who are interested, Neil Clark has written about how the extension of the furlough scheme in the UK suggests lockdowns will last until the end of the year at least. He highlights how this was the case with previous extensions of the scheme. He also says that the reason it's being done is because of the Great Reset: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/517358-lockdown-furlough-extended-september/

Or maybe they just realise that it will take time for all industries to get back up and running, and it's cheaper to leave the furlough system in place for those who need it than to have to argue with Keir Starmer every couple of weeks about which types of job can stay in the scheme for the next six months.

It still doesn't answer the question about why any government would want to shut down their economy and pay people to stay at home doing nothing though. Explain that motivation for your Great Reset and we migh start to get somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Or maybe they just realise that it will take time for all industries to get back up and running, and it's cheaper to leave the furlough system in place for those who need it than to have to argue with Keir Starmer every couple of weeks about which types of job can stay in the scheme for the next six months.

It still doesn't answer the question about why any government would want to shut down their economy and pay people to stay at home doing nothing though. Explain that motivation for your Great Reset and we migh start to get somewhere.

This is the most basic but important question in this whole conspiracy theory, it has been asked many times of the posters who make wild.claims about the great reset and not a single one has answered it or come up with a rational explanation as to why any (never mind all) government would do this.

That's what I was thinking, that there would be a short transition period, but Neil Clark has an inside source in the Conservative Party and has been proven right so far, so I put stock in what he says.

This is the most basic but important question in this whole conspiracy theory, it has been asked many times of the posters who make wild.claims about the great reset and not a single one has answered it or come up with a rational explanation as to why any (never mind all) government would do this.

That is the million dollar question. Catherine Austin Fitts says it's to enable the roll out of a new financial system all across the world. one world order described it in a post earlier on in this thread.

• Advertisement

That is the million dollar question. Catherine Austin Fitts says it's to enable the roll out of a new financial system all across the world. one world order described it in a post earlier on in this thread.

So when did Joe Biden agree to this Great Reset then? What about Michael Martin? Was the coup in Myanmar because their government hadn't agreed to it? Was the UK election in December 2019 fixed so that Johnson got in so he would follow this plan? Etc, etc...

One world order has also claimed we are being manipulated by Satan, he has made several claims that Trump would be reinstalled as president and has been proven wrong many many times. What makes you think he is right this time?

That's what I was thinking, that there would be a short transition period, but Neil Clark has an inside source in the Conservative Party and has been proven right so far, so I put stock in what he says.

What unexpected things has he predicted? Anything more unusual than a prediction about what time the sun might rise the following day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,492 ✭✭✭Penfailed

If the furlough is only extended until September, lockdown can't be extended beyond that.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    If the furlough is only extended until September, lockdown can't be extended beyond that.

It could be extended again.

What unexpected things has he predicted? Anything more unusual than a prediction about what time the sun might rise the following day?

His inside source told him that restrictions would be eased in June/July. He tweeted about it a few months before the roadmap was announced. He also knew that the furlough scheme being extended until April meant another lockdown. From the article:

"The fact Sunak was extending furlough until after Easter didn't mean that another lockdown was already planned, of course not – merely that he knew the recovery would take some time, the smart alecs told us. And what happened? On 4 January, exactly as I had predicted on 18 December, Johnson went on TV to announce another lockdown."

"Boris Johnson, 4th Jan 2021 :’We urged people to act responsibly over Christmas but while most did, alas, a minority didn’t, so unfortunately we have no option but to lock you all down again until the spring. ‘ The speech will have already been written. https://t.co/jRx5wcfju8

— Neil Clark (@NeilClark66) December 18, 2020

One world order has also claimed we are being manipulated by Satan, he has made several claims that Trump would be reinstalled as president and has been proven wrong many many times. What makes you think he is right this time?

What he posted describes what Catherine Austin Fitts has said is being worked on behind the scenes. She said it in an interview for 'Planet Lockdown'.

It could be extended again.

Yes, it could.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

His inside source told him that restrictions would be eased in June/July. He tweeted about it a few months before the roadmap was announced. He also knew that the furlough scheme being extended until April meant another lockdown. From the article:

"The fact Sunak was extending furlough until after Easter didn't mean that another lockdown was already planned, of course not – merely that he knew the recovery would take some time, the smart alecs told us. And what happened? On 4 January, exactly as I had predicted on 18 December, Johnson went on TV to announce another lockdown."

"Boris Johnson, 4th Jan 2021 :’We urged people to act responsibly over Christmas but while most did, alas, a minority didn’t, so unfortunately we have no option but to lock you all down again until the spring. ‘ The speech will have already been written. https://t.co/jRx5wcfju8

— Neil Clark (@NeilClark66) December 18, 2020

Everyone knew that there would be another lockdown after Christmas. This isn't news.

• Advertisement

What he posted describes what Catherine Austin Fitts has said is being worked on behind the scenes. She said it in an interview for 'Planet Lockdown'.

She also claims

There is a committee that runs the world.

This "committee" is utilizing the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic to grab further control of you and others around everyone, possibly by injecting microchips via the Covid-19 vaccines.

She also says "Covid-19 vaccines will “modify your DNA and for all we know make you infertile,” 

She also "claimed that “massive voter fraud” occurred during the 2020 Presidential Election.

So do you believe the voter fraud claims? The claims the vaccine alters DNA and could make you infertile? That the vaccine could contain micro chips?

Advertisement