Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boggers Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Murph_D wrote: »
    You didn’t mention anything about buying the magic shoes.

Ffs D!

I was waiting to ensure they worked first :)

You leak worse than the White House Press Office!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Ffs D!

TbL

Do spill... black I presume;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Ffs D!

TbL

OOPS!

Do spill... black I presume;)

They only came in abomination colours so I’ve also ordered a bucket of currach pitching tar to cover them...:)

TbL

Mon & Tue: plan was for 40 mins easy both days. Had the physioterrorist on Monday and I always feel awful after it, completely battered. Usually alway struggle through Monday runs anyway and this just compounds it. Struggle to get out the door but I managed over 5 miles around 10 min pace. Tuesday I usually see the benefits of the physios act of terror and indeed the body felt better, my daughter joined me for a chat and another easy 5 miles again around the 10 min pace. Before my injury I would rarely run over 9 min pace and I’d have considered 10 min almost like a fast walk. Age and injuries have taught me that recovery days should be super easy!

Wed: plan was for wu/cd with 16 min fartlek 8 on/off + 6 sprints 30 seconds on/off.

I was a bit apprehensive of this and there was a near gale blowing as I jogged up to the pitch. I decided to try 6.30 pace on and 7.15 off. This session flew by and I managed it handy enough and in decent control even the sprints where I usually end up running like I’m trying to keep a hola hoop up :)

Jogged home for around 6.5 miles in total.

My magic carpets arrived, quare looking yokes in a dubious colour. Think I can give up the training now sure the shoes have Murph bate already :)

Might have a lash at a mile TT at the weekend

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Hahaha the black paint beside them. Scullion would be proud. Those are the Alphafly yeah? I'm sorry I just can't picture you in them....

Looks like you’re finally getting around to the decorating!

Mile TT - are you sure that’s a good idea. Target?

Btw Ferris is TTing same weekend as me. Might be a better target for you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Those abomination of shoes....never again pass judgement on tights, shoelace colour or sock colour.... I'm so disappointed

Hahaha the black paint beside them. Scullion would be proud. Those are the Alphafly yeah? I'm sorry I just can't picture you in them....

Yes they are.

I actually accidentally bought TWO pairs of them (one in hideous orange) I thought the payment didn’t go through so went through the process again!!!

I tried them on and the kids fell around laughing :)

There’s also a strange twacking sound outta them but that might be coz of the fat fcuker sticking out of them :)

I can’t remember running in any other shoe apart from a Zoom Vomero so it should be interesting...

TbL

Get the fu@k... you can never, ever, ever comment on my gear again!

• Advertisement

Looks like you’re finally getting around to the decorating!

Mile TT - are you sure that’s a good idea. Target?

Btw Ferris is TTing same weekend as me. Might be a better target for you. ;)

I’d only do the TT if L signs off on it.

As to a target not really sure, I’ve never run a mile in 5.45 or under so we’ll see...

I’m no decorator, does paint go off..:)

TbL

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Those abomination of shoes....never again pass judgement on tights, shoelace colour or sock colour.... I'm so disappointed

They are for research purposes only and will soon be covered in a more acceptable manly colour.

They could also quiet quickly go up on eBay :)

TbL

My mile PB is 5:39. Just sayin. ;)

Careful now!

That whacking sound is normal. And led to one of my more irritating pacing gigs for a buddy of mine. The most god awful clomping sound to run beside.

Get the fu@k... you can never, ever, ever comment on my gear again!

:)

I think mine are classified as medical aids...:)

Whereas when you go out the door it’s a cross between Vogue and Runners World:)

TbL

:)

I think mine are classified as medical aids...:)

Whereas when you go out the door it’s a cross between Vogue and Runners World:)

TbL

Nope not buying it... I clearly have inspired you to embrace colour... next you'll be buying matching tops & socks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Brave man wearing those shoes around the roads of Connemara, Sean Phaddy Col Maidhc will be giving you dogs abuse........

Thur: plan called for 40 mins easy. Starting to get a bit pissed off with the same routes day after day! Checked my 5k radius on the web and saw that Rossaveal was comfortably within it so drove over with my daughter parked up and got 4 miles easy done @ 9.44

Fri: plan called for 40 min progression but I was feeling a little stiff and with one eye on a potential mile TT on Sunday I just did 5 miles easy to steady @ 8.47

Sat: plan was for 20 mins easy. Monsoon rain early and a Stoke game at 3pm meant it was after 5 by the time I waddled out to get a gentle 5k done.

Sun: plan was for a wu/cd 1 mile TT, 8 min rest or jog, 2 miles @ 7.15, 3 min jog 4 x 90 seconds @ 6.50 off 60 secs.

Body was a little stiff and I was unsure if I’d tackle this at all. Walked the dog early morning as usual and went back to bed till 12! Had breakfast/brunch and then did some stretching before deciding to at least try the TT. During the week I’d 5.45 pace in my head but by lunchtime today I’d talked myself outta that.

Plan was to do it over near Rossaveal where there is a decent wide tar footpath and usually less traffic and pedestrians. Wore the magic carpets for this and started an anxious mile warm up. The shoes felt completely alien and the sound on contact with the ground is head melting! Sounds like a cross between a soggy wellington and scuba flippers :).

Jogged, stretched and tried some self motivational crap to get myself ready.

Reset the watch and got going, quick glance at the watch and I saw the pace feed starting with a 4, ah ffs you’ve gone out way too fast again you fool I thought! Anyway the pace settled down and I was surprisingly feeling ok. The wet welly/flipper noise nearly gave an auld lad out walking a heart attack as I passed him!

Between the k and .75 mile mark I felt I was starting to flag a little and at this point a car came straight out onto the path from the Spar supermarket without looking and nearly took me out. A swerve, some feeble arm waving and a muffled string of fcuks cost me a bit of time but I think this was more than made up for by the resulting adrenaline rush. Pressed hard as I saw a sub 5.30 was potentially on and was delighted to hit the mile in 5.29:5, a mile PB.

This time last year there were days that the back was so bad I could hardly walk to running sub 5.30 mile today. The human body is an incredible thing!

I’d forgotten my normal runners and as the magic carpets don’t take an orthotic I decided to can the rest of the session and just do an easy mile cool down.

Really think L’s training plans suit me, as they stop me doing daft stuff and always seems to get the best outta the auld body.
    Can I keep it all together for a year and maybe finally crack that sub 3, not sure, but I’ll definitely try!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

The shoes felt completely alien and the sound on contact with the ground is head melting! Sounds like a cross between a soggy wellington and scuba flippers :).
    TbL

You're not really selling these magic carpets to me ....

Super time on the mile ! Well done, that's impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Superb stuff on the 1m TT!

Comeback of the year!

• Advertisement

Superb stuff on the 1m TT!

Comeback of the year!

🀣thanks A

Still buzzin :)

Nothing like a decent run to banish lockdown blues!

TbL

Jaypers, well done on the mile. Probably a bit short. ;)

That's some run. Fair play. That clomping sound is reason enough for me not to buy those yokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Jaypers, well done on the mile. Probably a bit short. ;)

It wasn’t him D, the cheat shoes he bought were yellow the lad in the photo is wearing orange ones!! Clearly some other fella done it for him!!

OOnegative wrote: »
    It wasn’t him D, the cheat shoes he bought were yellow the lad in the photo is wearing orange ones!! Clearly some other fella done it for him!!

;)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

That’s some mile time! Nice one

;)

TbL

Would you not have sent one pair back? Although I know, it's hard to decide which one!

Would you not have sent one pair back? Although I know, it's hard to decide which one!

Probably should have but apparently they are easy to sell on if unused.

Anyway like Swashbuckler says the sound off them is seriously annoying so not sure I’ll keep them, and I’m conscious enough of my running style!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

That was great to read. Well done.

• Advertisement

Probably should have but apparently they are easy to sell on if unused.

Anyway like Swashbuckler says the sound off them is seriously annoying so not sure I’ll keep them, and I’m conscious enough of my running style!

TbL

I'm not sure but I think the next% are less clompy

Advertisement