Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Been over one month now since a parcel was sent International Signed for from UK. Royal mail tracking said it was available for collection in Dublin on the 26th Jan. Contacted An Post who said it now may have been returned. No delivery slip, attempt etc. So frustrating as the items are irreplaceable (one off art pieces) Low commercial value, but high sentimental value. Anyone else have their stuff sent back?

Blame Brexit

If sent before Jan 1st it probably doesn't have the right documentation, so won't get past customs.

If sent after January 1st and doesn't have a cn22 form attached, it won't get past customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Any idea how long American post is taking?

I’ve a package that DHL confirm was handed to an post on the 29th, but an post have zero record of it on their site.,

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sad_hamster

Anyone else having delays with parcels sent within Ireland?
    Currently waiting over a week for a parcel from Mayo to Cork.
    Have since received an overnight parcel from Dublin to Cork.
    Either An Post is slow in parts of country or I've been scammed on adverts.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

Anyone else having delays with parcels sent within Ireland?
    Currently waiting over a week for a parcel from Mayo to Cork.
    Have since received an overnight parcel from Dublin to Cork.
    Either An Post is slow in parts of country or I've been scammed on adverts.ie!

Did you get tracking codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sad_hamster

gary550 wrote: »
    Did you get tracking codes?

Sender said insurance cost too much so didn't get tracking number.
    I've only recently sent one thing myself via An Post and got a tracking number so not sure if you pay extra for that?
    I'll wait a few more days and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I've only recently sent one thing myself via An Post and got a tracking number so not sure if you pay extra for that?

Maybe you’ve been scammed, you can send tracked without paying extra for insurance.

You don't know much without tracking codes, anything above a small packet would get a tracking code.

I got done on adverts by a seller with all positive feedback during the summer who wouldn't produce a tracking code for love nor money.

I'm still out of pocket, adverts could do nothing, paypal could do nothing (family & friends payment). I found out who she was, where she lived etc but still couldn't do anything legally bar go to the cops but couldn't be ars*d and they'd probably do nothing anyway.

I'm not saying your seller did the same but some people are in a desperate situation money wise and that can make people do stupid things......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I just paid €8 for a small standard envelope to be sent tracked which i thought was expensive at the post office or is this the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I just paid €8 for a small standard envelope to be sent tracked which i thought was expensive at the post office or is this the norm?

We have the most expensive post in Europe so that's not really surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

That's the price for a registered letter.
    https://www.anpost.com/AnPost/media/PDFs/Postal%20Rates/A3_Postal_rates_Poster_Feb_20.pdf

VG31 wrote: »

We really don't. Taking France, UK, Spain, Austria as comparisons just to pick four countries, on a like for like service on the "Standard" service.

La Poste:
    A 100 gram letter domestic is €2.56
    A 100 gram letter to Ireland is € 3.00

A 500 gram packet domestic is €6.45
    A 500 gram packet international is €12,90

A 5 Kg parcel domestic is € 14.10
    A 5 Kg parcel to Ireland is €23.10

Royal Mail

A 100 gram letter domestic is 88p = 99c
    A 100 gram letter to Ireland is £1.70

A 500 gram packet domestic is £3.85
    A 500 gram packet international is £7.80

A 5 Kg parcel domestic is £15.85
    A 5 Kg parcel to Ireland (with ParcelForce) is £17.70

Austria Post:
    A 75 gram letter (their letter rate caps out at 75g unlike An Posts 100g) domestic is €1.35
    A 75 gram letter to Ireland is € 2.10

A 500 gram packet domestic is €4.30
    A 500 gram packet international is €9.90

A 5 Kg parcel domestic is € 14.99
    A 5 Kg parcel to Ireland is €19.28

Correos - Spain
    A 100 gram letter domestic is €1.25
    A 100 gram letter to Ireland is €2.50

A 500 gram packet domestic is €2.50
    A 500 gram packet international is €6.80

A 5 Kg parcel domestic is €16.75
    A 5 Kg parcel to Ireland is €45.06

An Post as a comparision is

€1.00
    €1.70

€6.20
    €8.20

€11.00
    €67.00

Even if you take a registered domestic 100g letter for those four countries, using a service comparable to An Posts Registered, i.e. not just a "Signed For" service.

Royal Mail - £6.85
    La Poste - €5.65
    Spanish Post 0 €8,98
    Austria Post - €7.35

Here is the price of a domestic letter across all of Europe from July 2019, compiled by DeutschPost/DHL
    https://www.dpdhl.com/content/dam/dpdhl/de/media-center/media-relations/infographics/2019/dpdhl-infografik-2019-europavergleich-nominalpreis-standardbrief-national.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Package from UK posted last Wednesday arrived today
    Package from Laois posted Friday no sign of

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

I'm expecting a small package to be delivered to me in Dublin, sent from Galway. It was sent by registered post on Monday. When I track it using on post tracker it says it has been out for delivery since 7am this morning. The postman dropped the post into our letterbox an hour ago and there was no package.

Can registered post be sent using a different delivery schedule?

I'm not in a major rush for the package, but when I see its tracking status is "Your post is out for delivery" I was expecting it today.

Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Quandary wrote: »
    I'm expecting a small package to be delivered to me in Dublin, sent from Galway. It was sent by registered post on Monday. When I track it using on post tracker it says it has been out for delivery since 7am this morning. The postman dropped the post into our letterbox an hour ago and there was no package.

Can registered post be sent using a different delivery schedule?

I'm not in a major rush for the package, but when I see its tracking status is "Your post is out for delivery" I was expecting it today.

Anyone else experience this?

depends on how much post the postman has to deliver, it could of been handed over to a delivery driver van.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

johndoe99 wrote: »
    depends on how much post the postman has to deliver, it could of been handed over to a delivery driver van.

That makes sense!

Thanks for the reply. After reading some of peoples experiences on this thread, I'm half expecting it to end up in a sorting office in Tralee!

johndoe99 wrote: »

Just letting you know that your signature is way bigger than what's allowed.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1354

Looks like it's back to the pre christmas delays

Some documents I posted from one office to another (from south to north dublin) on monday have yet to arrive, that's 4 days for a journey that would be half an hour by car.

There is also parcels we sent out last week that have yet to be delivered, some that went out on monday last were only delivered on tuesday this week.

You'd think we lived on a massive island :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Ordered something to Cork from H&M which is sent from The Netherlands, arrived into Dublin on February 9th and has been stuck in the DUBLIN PARCEL HUB since. Status just says "Your Delivery has been sorted". No movement in 4 days. :mad:

In the meantime my other half ordered something on the same day as me to Kildare and it was delivered on the 10th February.

An post are a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Waiting on two letters posted from Dublin and Meath last Thursday. Still no sign of anything, looks like ordinary post is taking nearly a week to get from one part of Ireland to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Anyone else have something stuck in a DSU? was sent something Monday but hasn't moved at all since, just the "We have your post" but nothing after. I wouldn't mind if it was moving around like...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Christmas card from friend in OZ just arrived. :D

Don't blame An Post though, all postal systems around the world seem to be severely crippled at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 hasansaleem

Guys, I was expecting my laptop tomorrow before I read your messages. A laptop was sent from the US on 10th Feb and now the recent status shows

February 18, 2021, 10:20 am
    Departed
    DUBLIN, IRELAND
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on February 18, 2021 at 10:20 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Are things any better these days with deliveries or I can just forget about it for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

22:48 on 11 February 2021

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12
    Ah, come on lads!

It's been a week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Guys, I was expecting my laptop tomorrow before I read your messages. A laptop was sent from the US on 10th Feb and now the recent status shows

February 18, 2021, 10:20 am
    Departed
    DUBLIN, IRELAND
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on February 18, 2021 at 10:20 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Are things any better these days with deliveries or I can just forget about it for now?

That suggests it arrived in Dublin today. It may/may not get flagged for customs inspection. If not, vat is calculated, applied and parcel moves to delivery.

Only sporadic delays about. I'm experiencing about 90% next day delivery, but allowing for customs, possibly delivery for Monday.

Darc19 wrote: »
    That suggests it arrived in Dublin today. It may/may not get flagged for customs inspection. If not, vat is calculated, applied and parcel moves to delivery.

Only sporadic delays about. I'm experiencing about 90% next day delivery, but allowing for customs, possibly delivery for Monday.

That gave me some hope. Thank you!

The status hasn’t updated since and An Post doesn’t show anything for that tracking number.

Is there anywhere I can call and get an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sar2020

Hi,
    So I ordered something from America on February 9th being sent by usps. I Got all of the email tracking updates as far as 'left Dublin Airport on 14th of February at 10am and In transit to destination'
    I had no updates all week and then it arrived with An Post this morning.... No tracking updates to say it was being delivered today but it came with An Post..... Just wanted ye all to know as I've been wondering all week if it was maybe lost......

Sar2020 wrote: »
    Hi,
    So I ordered something from America on February 9th being sent by usps. I Got all of the email tracking updates as far as 'left Dublin Airport on 14th of February at 10am and In transit to destination'
    I had no updates all week and then it arrived with An Post this morning.... No tracking updates to say it was being delivered today but it came with An Post..... Just wanted ye all to know as I've been wondering all week if it was maybe lost......

That’s very helpful. Thank you!

Was it a big or small item? Any customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Basq wrote: »
    Ah, come on lads!

It's been a week now.
    They must have heard me..
    09:10 on 19 February 2021

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sar2020

Small box - no customs issue as the item was low value...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

this perhaps sounds spurious but it appears to me that sending post from Galway to the east of the country takes a day longer than the other way around , my folks live in the east of the country in a few different locations , i always receive something the following day after its sent from the east where as if i post something in galway , it rarely ever reaches its destination the following day even the destination was in county galway itself

anyone else observed something similar ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

VG31 wrote: »

We actually don't.

Advertisement