Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Lots of bikes from all over Europe on Autoscout - much wider net than mobile.de

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Would someone transporting bikes from Germany pick one up in Belgium I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

blade1 wrote: »
    Would someone transporting bikes from Germany pick one up in Belgium I wonder?

Most of them plan their routes on where they are collecting from and charge accordingly. If they are going miles out of their way you'll pay a fair chunk more for it.

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Most of them plan their routes on where they are collecting from and charge accordingly. If they are going miles out of their way you'll pay a fair chunk more for it.

I'm waiting for seller to reply to see is it even still for sale.
    I'm after fully switching on
    to new bike mode now :o

There's 3 or 4 of them for sale in Italy but I guess the shipping cost from there would be astronomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

There's 3 or 4 of them for sale in Italy but I guess the shipping cost from there would be astronomical.

There's lads in the fb group that do it for a living and are very knowledgeable on bikes, they'd give you a price and wouldn't take it if not upto standard. Some travel all across Europe.
    Hard to know though I remember seeing I think between €400 - €600 for Germany with a thorough inspection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

What had you in mind? Couple of lovely cbr1000f on there that caught my eye.

ronanc15 wrote: »
    What had you in mind? Couple of lovely cbr1000f on there that caught my eye.

A little two stroke.
    Hard to come by though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭goblin59

A little two stroke.
    Hard to come by though.

Lightings NSR build making you want your own?

goblin59 wrote: »
    Lightings NSR build making you want your own?

No, I had an nsr before.
    Two in fact.

I've a hankering for an sp525 for some reason.

CAGIVA-Mito-SP-525-11368-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Beginner's guide to selling a motorbike on Facebook marketplace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-nt650-deauville/27215020

Is it just me, or are Hourigan's selling Bikes without front Brake Discs now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Zebbedee

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-nt650-deauville/27215020

Is it just me, or are Hourigan's selling Bikes without front Brake Discs now ?

They must be planning a drum brake conversion 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tightspeedos

Considering what bike it is they probably figured it doesn't need front brakes

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭raven41

Well, despite the lack of front brakes, at least they are consistent, ie more or less double the market value for a 21 year old Deauville...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

As some guy said (can't remember if it was on here), they seem to prefer collecting bikes rather than selling them.......

Although most of the bikes they have are very clean, they are always way over priced. I suppose they must have a few fans, otherwise they would be long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,170 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    How do you get it to Ireland?

Lash some 4x2s between a pair of canoes, leave the back wheel dipping down into the water and it'll propel itself along

Is he still running it in? :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Is he still running it in? :p

No, he now has fellas on cbr600s struggling to keep up on the Twisties :pac:

No, he now has fellas on cbr600s struggling to keep up on the Twisties :pac:

As he should :)

Guy in the first video wasn't getting close to redline and spent a lot of time bumbling around on part throttle in too high a gear, bad news for two-strokes

CBR guy very slow getting on the power out of corners

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Some price for a 22 yr old bike, wonder what it cost in the day?

• Advertisement

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Some price for a 22 yr old bike, wonder what it cost in the day?

I forget but I bought a 4 year old one in 2002 as the pound was changing to euro and that was 5500 pounds or 7000 euro.

Edit : looked it up there.
    £9265 in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

That’s insane. My brother bought one for a fraction of that price with only a few thousand miles more

No way that guy is a private seller, either :rolleyes:

No way that guy is a private seller, either :rolleyes:

But it was owned by John Wyatt :rolleyes:
    If it was owned by Wyatt Earp I still wouldn't pay that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Wasn't there someone on here looking for a Deauville a few weeks back? I see Bray Honda Centre have a decent looking one, Irish reg too 2009

€4450 might be a bit pricey though

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Oh and it's one of kind :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/gsxr-srad-750/27272453

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭H_Lime

7k sounds like the missus says get rid!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

:eek: Holy sheeeeeet ... seller obviously smoking something.

H_Lime wrote: »
    7k sounds like the missus says get rid!

Yeah like every lad selling his bike isn't away with the fairies :pac:

Don't forget it's a one off :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I had a laugh at this one, advertised as a Café Racer but looks like a mongrel of a scrambler and a chopper with all the hipster clichés ticked.
    Brown seat , wrapped pipes and brown saddlebags and an old milkcrate to try and keep the dirt off your back.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2006-suzuki-gn125-cafe-racer/27177840

Advertisement