Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 25 transfers

• 15-02-2021 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Ricky out
    Ings in

Most likely move for me but might wait till after the midweek match’s just in case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Gone Mount out, Grealish in. Richardilson out, Kane in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Back on the Auba train maybe, Salah out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Reckon Man City might be a slightly diffferent defensive proposition to Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I can't afford Ings without a hit to move funds around
    Was thinking I might get KWP and hope for at least one clean but think he's got a knock now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Werner, Lingard, Richarlison out
    Auba, Ings, Bamford in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 FT....not sure what to do tbh.

Already have Bamford so might reverse my Grealish - Raphinha transfer from a few weeks ago.

Robertson needs to go now as well - looking at Dunk as a replacement... Brighton's defence has been fairly decent lately and they play in GW 29.

Also have DCL...not sure whether to keep him for the Liverpool game..if he was for he could have a haul against whatever random central defence Liverpool put out.

Also have no firm plans on when I'm wildcarding...TC and FreeHit already used

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

DCL - Ings

Maddison - Raphina

——-

Next week Watkins or Bamford to Kane, Digne to 4.5m defender.

Two hits. That’s the plan!

What could possibly go wrong :)

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Stick with Salah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hopefully able to hold on transfers until the gw26 fixtures are announced but definitely want to get Kane back in especially if they have a dgw coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »
    DCL - Ings

Maddison - Raphina

——-

Next week Watkins or Bamford to Kane, Digne to 4.5m defender.

Two hits. That’s the plan!

What could possibly go wrong :)

I know your chasing DGW players, but Maddison form and fixtures until near end of season are too good to be shipping him out imo - especially as you'd probably want him back in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nothing pressing and will lose a FT if I don't, so likely doing Adams to Watkins with future gameweeks in mind.

No interest in playing Adams even with his DGW this week.
    Watkins should have a few DGW's including the week I'm looking to benchboost.
    And he'll likely have a game in the skinny gameweek too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭munster87

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I know your chasing DGW players, but Maddison form and fixtures until near end of season are too good to be shipping him out imo - especially as you'd probably want him back in?

Raphinha in great form too, think he has returns in last 5. Fixture in 29 too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Have 2 Leeds players alrwady so probably hold. I'll have better options for that transfer the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭shmeee

Whats the main reason(s) for getting in Ings right now before DGW's announced?

He may not have a DGW in 26 but also may have a DGW in 26/27/28. (Man City or Spurs)

Would you not rather a player with better 3 fixtures over 25/26 than Ings has and potential long term gains? Getting him in and even taking a -4 for such unless he hauls seems a pure punt. Yes, the Leeds fixture is a nice game and after Everton last night also he may also return, but Chelsea won't be easy crack and Saints didn't fill me with much confidence against Wolves either so I see more negatives than positives TBH.

As of now, you've Chelsea, Leeds and Everton for Ings and maybe no double in 26. Other teams will have a single this GW and a double the week after and maybe even more DGW's along with potential game in BGW29 (Villa and Spurs assets and even a shout for Leicester). I'm looking at the fixtures as a whole instead of just getting bogged down in this coming DWG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

shmeee wrote: »
    Whats the main reason(s) for getting in Ings right now before DGW's announced?

He may not have a DGW in 26 but also may have a DGW in 26/27/28. (Man City or Spurs)

Would you not rather a player with better 3 fixtures over 25/26 than Ings has and potential long term gains? Getting him in and even taking a -4 for such unless he hauls seems a pure punt. Yes, the Leeds fixture is a nice game and after Everton last night also he may also return, but Chelsea won't be easy crack and Saints didn't fill me with much confidence against Wolves either so I see more negatives than positives TBH.

As of now, you've Chelsea, Leeds and Everton for Ings and maybe no double in 26. Other teams will have a single this GW and a double the week after and maybe even more DGW's along with potential game in BGW29 (Villa and Spurs assets and even a shout for Leicester). I'm looking at the fixtures as a whole instead of just getting bogged down in this coming DWG.

-Potential of 2/3dgws,
    -Southampton having some players back Ings looks sharp, and in last few games including cups, and some var calls could have had more goals
    -not great striking options around, even after dgw I will have Kane Ings and Bamford,
    -lots easy downgrades after if needed,

I got him in 2 weeks ago for those reasons,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Possibly Antonio to Ings or Soucek to Raphinia.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I really want Harvey Barnes... I just have to figure out when, how and for who first!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Will have to get rid of KWP if he will miss the double. No idea for who though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone thinking about Maja? Fulham have two winnable games against Sheffield United and Crystal Palace coming, and even Liverpool after that aren't as formidable, while Leeds aren't renowned for their clean-sheets (City in between). Decently priced as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,046 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just putting on some steel toe cap boots to boot Chilwell out of my team and stay for far away from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ings & Bamford in.

Leaves me with a tough bench decision Son could be the fall guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Transferred DCL to Richarlison last week on the injury news. Not sure whether or not to reverse it this week. Had a hunch that Lingard could haul for West Ham after tonight game but upon looking his fixtures arent that kind. He has settled in there very quickly though, he already has 24 points from 3 games.

Do anyone know when we're due a round of fixture announcements, will it come before deadline Friday 6.30pm? Before I do any moves Ive to figure out what to do with WC and FH over the coming double game weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I can do Antonio and Digne to Ings and Struijk for free.

I know Ings isn't a banker for points and DGWs yet give confirmed, but it will give me another 2 DGW players for 25 and Struijk can rot in the bench thereafter at 3.9m.

Bench boost played so I need to start freeing up funds for the first 11 or 12 anyway

Any major reason not to do this.

Also would feel great to get Digne gone out of my team!

Edit. I'd be playing Struijk over Cresswell again Spurs.

Ace2007 wrote: »

I have found him benched in 2 of the last few GW’s(LIV & ful) due to having a decent front 8.

It’s either I ship him or I commit to playing him all the time (ship out Grealish)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone thinking about Maja? Fulham have two winnable games against Sheffield United and Crystal Palace coming, and even Liverpool after that aren't as formidable, while Leeds aren't renowned for their clean-sheets (City in between). Decently priced as well.
    On the watchlist, will see how he does against Burnley tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Was planning on getting either Dallas or Ings in this week but think I'll have to sell Mendy so I have a playing GK. Its between Martinez and Sanchez at the minute, I should just Martinez at last shouldn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Current plan is to bring in Raphinia, Dallas and Ings for Soucek, Antonio and Coufal for a -8. Already have Bamford so going big on the DGW. Having a bad few weeks slipping down the rankings so hoping to bounce back a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Klonker wrote: »
    Current plan is to bring in Raphinia, Dallas and Ings for Soucek, Antonio and Coufal for a -8. Already have Bamford so going big on the DGW. Having a bad few weeks slipping down the rankings so hoping to bounce back a bit!

taking a -8 is a big gamble, your transferring out potential 3 players who will play, let's say that they get 6 points between them, that means that 3 players you bring in, need to get 14 points between them just to break even.

If the 3 west ham players get 10 points, your 3 DGW players need to get 18 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bamford in for Richarlison.

Would love Ings but don't think a -8 is justifiable.

Maybe a -4 for a DGW defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Was planning on getting either Dallas or Ings in this week but think I'll have to sell Mendy so I have a playing GK. Its between Martinez and Sanchez at the minute, I should just Martinez at last shouldn't I?

Mendy will be back in goal for Chelsea.

Tuchel: "Edou is the number one, this is clear. It was clear before the game and it stays like this. I am happy Kepa continued with a second clean sheet. It was the moment to let him feel the rhythm and build up his confidence.

But Edou will be in goal from now on as he recovered physically and mentally and right now, he is the number one."

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/tuchel-confirms-edouard-mendy-is-still-chelseas-first-choice-goalkeeper/

Advertisement