Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mr squiggles

ligerdub wrote: »
    It's a dubious agenda to walk around WITHOUT a mask?

Yes

Yes

I do wear a mask but I need to ask you, do you genuinely think a thin piece of fabric or paper is in any way effective against covid 19?

Especially when people routinely do not cover their nose, fiddle with it, do not wash it, maul it when taking it on and off, wear it around their neck etc.

I think people who don't wear masks may be more hygienic.

Oh and so I'm not off topic, Alison spittle is still ****

I do wear a mask but I need to ask you, do you genuinely think a thin piece of fabric or paper is in any way effective against covid 19?

Especially when people routinely do not cover their nose, fiddle with it, do not wash it, maul it when taking it on and off, wear it around their neck etc.

I think people who don't wear masks may be more hygienic.

Oh and so I'm not off topic, Alison spittle is still ****

I'm not a scientist. And I would wager neither are you. So it doesn't matter what you think.

I'm not a scientist. And I would wager neither are you. So it doesn't matter what you think.

Sorry, I didn't know we had to be scientists to discuss common sense.

Thanks for the chat.

You seem nice.

Sorry, I didn't know we had to be scientists to discuss common sense.

Thanks for the chat.

You seem nice.

Oh dude. I didn't mean any offence. I am nice. I didn't mean what you think doesn't matter on anything. Only that opinions don't matter on things like this. Only scientific evidence. Apologies for the confusion.

• Advertisement

Oh dude. I didn't mean any offence. I am nice. I didn't mean what you think doesn't matter on anything. Only that opinions don't matter on things like this. Only scientific evidence. Apologies for the confusion.

Cheerfully accepted.

Hope you have a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

"Scientific" i.e. I'll gobble up anything you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

His Twitter account is mostly retweets of covid denying conspiracy theory nonsense.

I've just checked. What you're saying is a lie. His focus seems on being an opponent of mask mandates, lockdowns and mandatory vaccines. You might not like those views, but they are far from nonsense.

Anyway, is he funny? I dunno. I've never heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

"Scientific" i.e. I'll gobble up anything you say.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I've just checked. What you're saying is a lie. His focus seems on being an opponent of mask mandates, lockdowns and mandatory vaccines. You might not like those views, but they are far from nonsense.

Anyway, is he funny? I dunno. I've never heard of him.

You must have missed the "scamdemic" hashtags he uses liberally, or maybe you dont think that's nonsense either.

• Advertisement

Cheerfully accepted.

Hope you have a great weekend.

History is made. Two people being civil and nice in AH. It's beautiful......

Surprised that one name hasn't come up so far. Twink might have been known more as a comic actress but this standup from nearly thirty years ago turned up on YouTube. Written by that comic genius Eoghan Harris no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SnazzyPig

You must have missed the "scamdemic" hashtags he uses liberally, or maybe you dont think that's nonsense either.

He does seem like an attention seeking twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

The Brits can have him. And Frank Carson too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Never heard of him...

Hope to never hear of him again.

SnazzyPig wrote: »
    He does seem like an attention seeking twat.

That one in the Sweden video with him is another. An actress who's been in nothing I've heard of.

Just saw a video on FB by a "comedian" called Cornelious Patrick O Sullivan. He basically rips off that Sir Timothy Stevo fella down to the beard and shouting in an exaggerated accent.

Just saw a video on FB by a "comedian" called Cornelious Patrick O Sullivan. He basically rips off that Sir Timothy Stevo fella down to the beard and shouting in an exaggerated accent.

Ah, Sir Timothy... what a complete and utter fool.

https://twitter.com/lporiginalg/status/1322749539552387072?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Ah, Sir Timothy... what a complete and utter fool.

https://twitter.com/lporiginalg/status/1322749539552387072?s=20

seems so, never heard of him. what got him chucked off facebook?

seems so, never heard of him. what got him chucked off facebook?

Think it was this video or a very similar one.

Btw this totally rips off a scene from Till Death Us Do Part where Alf goes off on a rant about "yer coons" unaware that a black tv repairman who'd been let in is standing behind him.

• Advertisement

Btw this totally rips off a scene from Till Death Us Do Part where Alf goes off on a rant about "yer coons" unaware that a black tv repairman who'd been let in is standing behind him.

Expecting originality in Irish 'comedy' is like asking for 30 degree weather in Winter.

It might happen, but it's so rare that I wouldn't bet on it.

Many online 'comics' (like Chlisare, tho she's hardly a comic) are only now doing stuff like 'reaction' videos... things that were popular 10+ years ago.
    Oh, that and 'Irish people try 'insert country name here' food'... so you'll have them trying junk food from China, or Japan.

It's not original. It's not funny. But it's 'Irish'... so 'funny'.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

That is actually funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I used to think he was funny years ago. Then again he would only ever appear on TV shows doing a 3 or 4 minute slot.
    Fcuk, his act really gets old fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Would pay to see any of these 'comedian's - shocking list
    Jason Byrne
    Alison Spittle
    Maeve Higgins
    Des Bishop
    Pat Shortt
    Andrew Maxwell
    Ed Byrne
    Dara O Briain
    PJ Gallagher

Would pay to see any of these 'comedian's - shocking list
    Jason Byrne
    Alison Spittle
    Maeve Higgins
    Des Bishop
    Pat Shortt
    Andrew Maxwell
    Ed Byrne
    Dara O Briain
    PJ Gallagher

Huh?

Jason Byrne has an 'app' called 'iLaugh'...

It's essentially stolen content, taken directly from tiktok. This after he mocked TikTok.

Oh, and he gave a glowing review to his own 'app'...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ilaugh&hl=en_IE&gl=US&showAllReviews=true

Apparently, he's looking for investors...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Jason Byrne has an 'app' called 'iLaugh'...

It's essentially stolen content, taken directly from tiktok. This after he mocked TikTok.

Oh, and he gave a glowing review to his own 'app'...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ilaugh&hl=en_IE&gl=US&showAllReviews=true

Apparently, he's looking for investors...:rolleyes:

Wow that is hilarious....self importance of these *****

And it is by Byrne, which shows his ego.

https://www.todayfm.com/podcasts/dermot-dave/looking-for-a-bit-of-a-laugh-jason-byrne-has-the-very-app-for-you

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/theatre-arts/comedy/theres-a-touch-of-evil-about-tiktok-this-will-just-be-funny-jason-byrne-launching-comedy-app-39765456.html

You have to be some self-important douche to call TikTok 'a touch of evil'.... then launch an app which practically asks for a blood sample.

Apparently, on the apple store, there's only one review for it-it's broken on iphone.

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/ilaugh-app/id1516551814

I laugh? Not if that gobshyte is involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Has anyone watched the Paddy Raff show yet on BBC?
    The ads have put me off watching it.

Advertisement