Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Framing Britney Spears

• 09-02-2021 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Anyone watched it? Just heard them discussing it on Matt Cooper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like it will be on Disney+ when it's released this side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Cheers folks. Not an easy watch apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is this about her father's having control of her and her finances?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is this about her father's having control of her and her finances?
    I believe so.

Is there any confirmation this will be on Disney+ Star or what ever you are supposed to call it? Or if that just an assumption as this is on hulu in the states?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

The whole thing was on YouTube the other day, not sure if it’s been taken down yet. It’s really tough when you look at how young she was and how horribly she was treated by just about everyone. Apparently she’s only worth €60 million now as well?! Something does not add up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Craig Ferguson in 2007 saying leave Britney alone and we comedians should be making fun of Trump.

If only the rest of the late night hosts had followed his lead.

https://twitter.com/BritneyHiatus/status/1358945301051170816?s=20

I found the whole thing quiet sad really the girl she was at the the time definitely needed help and support and sadly her family especially her father were the wrong ones from what I can see when I watched it.

It also shows how we the public drive the Paparazzi and watching scenes where she is surrounded by hundreds of flashing camera is very sad and would drive anyone a bit crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Watched it tonight,
    how did her father ever get such control over her life as conservator considering she was still working at this stage and should have had easy access to the best legal team around if she wanted it, she instead gets a court appointed atorney. Having said that her father's management seemed to bring her back on an even keel and get her the resiedency in Vegas.

In her early career her mother seemed to be the only one involved in actually getting her career up and running. Britney appeared to not have a single person steering her career and guiding her once she made it as a musician, all ended in tears. Some looper fans need to take up more sensible hobbies like billiards or chess.

It's such an important topic at the moment that someone needs to ask Leo or Tony Holohan what do they think at the next presser, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Craig Ferguson in 2007 saying leave Britney alone and we comedians should be making fun of Trump.

Craig Ferguson is a damn classy guy.

Honest, likeable, hilarious and had standards unlike late show hosts nowadays going for the easy targets.

To think Corden took over from Ferguson.. depressing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Watched it last night, very interesting and would definitely recommend.
    While I do agree that her dad is a bad egg and only interested in the money, I honestly believe that Britney is still having problems mentally.
    Any of her ‘fans’ that were interviewed hold no merit whatsoever and her IG followers sometimes put 2 + 2 together and somehow get 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

den87 wrote: »
    I honestly believe that Britney is still having problems mentally.

Eyes are a give away. Needs new meds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Looks like it will be on Disney+ when it's released this side.

My sister was asking this.

I told her it would be because it it is Hulu but this morning I got an email with the full list of Stars Originals and this documentary is not on it.

And the “full list” is very meagre.

Who has her kids?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who has her kids?

K-Fed has sole custody.

K-Fed as sole custody.

I hope she at least gets to see them

He is another who probably bleed her dry for money

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Watched it last night..Sad. She’s apparently well enough to work endlessly to make money but not trusted to look after her own money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so one shouldn't make fun of celebrities? did she not seek fame?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

So once someone is famous they're fair game no matter what? Is that the point you're making?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

So once someone is famous they're fair game no matter what? Is that the point you're making?

Hold on, why is someone like trump fair game???
    Because he's a arssehole???
    The media nailed him every day for years, still are. Personal abuse about his hair, skin colour, body, his family etc. Even the King of kindness tubridy abused trump.

Britney was no angel but didn't deserve the abuse she got for a couple of years.
    I dont think she was fair game because she was famous. But why is it okay for other famous people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

https://twitter.com/BritneyHiatus/status/1358945301051170816?s=20

I loved his show. It was magnificent. To think of who replaced him :mad:

Justin Timberlake just gave a out an apology in Instagram for his behavior.

He is on damage control now brand Timberlake didn't come out of the doc looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭md23040

I think the programme was very hard to watch and reminded how Whitney Houston was bled dry. $60M seems so low for her wealth considering LV residency alone worth $38M per year.

The most appalling thing is the double standards against females with herself and Janet Jackson getting vilified publicly whilst non existent against Timerlake etc.

It’s ridiculous that she’s portrayed as trailer trash whore whilst Timberlake gets high fived for doing the deed. And it’s deeply disturbing and misogynistic that rap artists and groups can use young females in videos as glorified sex objects and there’s no blow back. It’s got so bad in the industry in terms of the sexualising it’s a race to the bottom for many female groups or solo artists.

Look at the effect of the tabloids on Jesy from Little Mix etc. But at least she’d the sense to get out. There will be plenty more screwed up artists in the future with severe mental health issues, thrown out on the pyre by media when done with them, and we supposedly live in the age of female empowerment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Not a great documentary but certainly a subject worthy of exploration.

Part of me is glad that I was somewhat oblivious to the circus that followed Britney throughout the years even though I'm a big fan as I feel less accountable. Another part of me thinks I should be a little more concerned for the well being of someone who has given so much of her life to the benefit of myself and the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

It’s airing on Sky Documentaries tomorrow at 9pm

Framing Britney Spears premieres Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 9pm on NOW TV and Sky Documentaries

• Registered Users Posts: 12,439 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Watched it last night. Mixed bag. Very sad to be reminded of how shameless the Hollywood paps are, it should be illegal. Its harassment.

Her support network let her down badly. Really badly. Her family, friends, business managers and the record label.

That level of fame is just bad for you.

The #FreeBritney fans are ****ing weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

where is Britney now? did she go completely loo lah?

Advertisement