Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I was looking into various gadget insurance, seems to be about 15 euro per month. Anyone find better offers?
    Revolout gadget insurance seems to be about 8-10 euro a month, doesnt mention theft though?
    Debating whether to even get insurance, havent had it for last few phones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

phill106 wrote: »
    I was looking into various gadget insurance, seems to be about 15 euro per month. Anyone find better offers?
    Revolout gadget insurance seems to be about 8-10 euro a month, doesnt mention theft though?

I have Revolut premium account and im pretty sure that covers mobile phones,etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

still deciding, i have a good cover on my phone and warranty lasts a year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

I have Revolut premium account and im pretty sure that covers mobile phones,etc.

Revolut doesn't cover theft or loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Revolut premium only gives you a further 20% discount on device insurance that you can purchase without the need for premium.

It's what I went for myself and what I went with for my last phone.

Like stated, it doesn't cover theft or loss (which is fine by me as it's fall damage I mainly care about) and it only lasts a year. There's no option to continue the insurance after 1 year. Not sure if that's the case with other insurers or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭walshtipp

I have used gadgetinsurance.com before for my S10+. I needed to use it when I lost my phone, and there was no problem getting a replacement device. Just had to get form stamped by a Garda.

allen175 wrote: »
    Revolut doesn't cover theft or loss.

ok i obviously didnt read all the text.

im fairly careful with my phone anyway.

Has anyones rewards claim moved from "claim received" yet? Mine's still on it after 8 days.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Has anyones rewards claim moved from "claim received" yet? Mine's still on it after 8 days.

Our two claims from Vodafone have been accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

How are those who have got the ultra 21 finding them ?

Living up to expectations or underwhelming?

Thinking of upgrading from S20 plus as the battery is dire.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone jumped to this from a note 9....was it worth it?

If money was no object I'd take the plunge with a fold....but sadly it is and €2k for a handset is just too eye watering.

liamog wrote: »
    Our two claims from Vodafone have been accepted

Just got my validated email now :)

Joekers wrote: »
    How are those who have got the ultra 21 finding them ?

Living up to expectations or underwhelming?

Loving it. Came from S10+

Living up to expectations for me anyway.

Build quality and feel of phone feels amazing.

Camera quality is superb, noticeable jump from S10+ especially loving the 10x zoom and macro.

Battery is very good. Have 40% battery left each night and charges super quick.

Loving it. Came from S10+

Living up to expectations for me anyway.

Build quality and feel of phone feels amazing.

Camera quality is superb, noticeable jump from S10+ especially loving the 10x zoom and macro.

Battery is very good. Have 40% battery left each night and charges super quick.

I'm not finding the wireless charging great tbh, using a 2018 dual charger (Samsung EP-N6100)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭jones

Joekers wrote:

Thinking the exact same. My battery has fallen off a cliff in the last few months and can get 490 off new ultra

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'm not finding the wireless charging great tbh, using a 2018 dual charger (Samsung EP-N6100)

I was referring to wired charging. Just using the charger brick from the S10+

How long is it taking to wireless charge for you?

I was referring to wired charging. Just using the charger brick from the S10+

How long is it taking to wireless charge for you?

about an 1 hour 45-2 hours from 15%-20%

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

PTH2009 wrote: »

I have to agree, but I think the dual charger is a bad piece of kit. My galaxy watch has to be absolutely in the perfect position to charge and a slight knock and it stops charging. Also the phone as big as it is also need careful placing or it also stops charging. It actually happened last night. placed the phone on the charger it indicated charging and woke up this morning to a 30% battery.

Anyone jumped to this from a note 9....was it worth it?

If money was no object I'd take the plunge with a fold....but sadly it is and €2k for a handset is just too eye watering.

I went from note 9 to s21 ultra and likeing it. though if i was buying it now, and not getting both the buds pro and the tag, probably would deduct a few points.
    Battery is much better. Not really missing the pen. Very fast.
    Saying that, i have to call samsung today to see why they have refused my claim for the buds and tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

feargantae wrote: »
    Still no bag for trading in the old phone yet. Getting a bit worried now!

Will ring tomorrow

The return bag only came today!! An Post weren't able to scan the code on it but they sent it off anyway saying worst case scenario it'll just get sent back to me.

I'm not too worried anyway as they were sound enough to give a handwritten certificate of posting.

Anyone else experience this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

pmce4 wrote: »
    I have to agree, but I think the dual charger is a bad piece of kit. My galaxy watch has to be absolutely in the perfect position to charge and a slight knock and it stops charging. Also the phone as big as it is also need careful placing or it also stops charging. It actually happened last night. placed the phone on the charger it indicated charging and woke up this morning to a 30% battery.

Yeah the dual charger is poorly made.

The watch is a pain to get it to charge/stay charging.The phone is easier but not great either, randomly stops charging way too often.

I have a cheap wireless charger from Ali and it does a better job.

Fyi Samsung tried to diddle me today...Tried to say my order was not eligible, and wanted to fob me off with the buds live.
    They said that only those who bought before the 29th were eligible. Despite only being launched here in ireland on the 19th, and the samsung ireland pages all saying for those reseverved between x dates were eligible.
    Have escalated, told them I am not happy, and have sent proof.
    Will post here once i know more.

It appears I was wrong and you were right.

Only seen this now on revolut

https://imgur.com/a/ER1jGoy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Did anyone buy or are using third party chargers that can do superfast? I'm using a charger from a tab s7 thats 45w with the supplied cable but phone is only fast charging despite superfast being enabled

Fyi Samsung tried to diddle me today...Tried to say my order was not eligible, and wanted to fob me off with the buds live.
    They said that only those who bought before the 29th were eligible. Despite only being launched here in ireland on the 19th, and the samsung ireland pages all saying for those reseverved between x dates were eligible.
    Have escalated, told them I am not happy, and have sent proof.
    Will post here once i know more.

Samsung have now approved it. They didnt have the date i reserved it in the proof, because the receipt doesnt show that.
    They hadn't asked for it however, just cancelled it!
    Goods should come in next 45 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

5500 wrote: »
    Did anyone buy or are using third party chargers that can do superfast? I'm using a charger from a tab s7 thats 45w with the supplied cable but phone is only fast charging despite superfast being enabled

I have a Note 10 Plus and bought this which definitely does Super Charge if that's any use to you?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Y5HNJ2Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_FDDQJFWY4795BBHT7Q1B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

With Prime and no vat it cost me £12.49

Nova launcher on the S21 ultra is the one you want as well, very fast and fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭jones

Ordered the the Ultra yesterday 256GB model as the lack of SD card had me worried with the 128GB. Dying to give it a bash i preordered the S20+ last year and alway regretted not getting the Ultra but i think its works out well as the S21 Ultra seems to be the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

5500 wrote: »

If you were able to get suler fast charging working on your 45w charger, would it charge faster than the Samsung's 25w super fast charger? I assume not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I'd doubt it as the phone itself may limit the max current draw regardless of the wattage that the charger is

Advertisement