Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 24 - Transfer Thread

• 06-02-2021 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭

All aboard the Burnley defence train ...

Robertson > Mee
    Mendy > Pope

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone

Possibly a Burnley defender in or Pope. Will wait on Callum Wilson injury news

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This train hasn't started well!

FA Cup midweek, so by next Thursday we should know the blanks and doubles schedule a bit better so definitely a week to hold off on the transfers fora few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

McCarthy > Martinez

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

COH wrote: »
    All aboard the Burnley defence train ...

Robertson > Mee
    Mendy > Pope

Don't see the attraction of Burnely defenders - no CS in the last 4 games, and only 2 in the last 10 games. Just cause they have a DGW, doesn't mean that they are going to do much, and then do you want to have 2 of them for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Don't see the attraction of Burnely defenders - no CS in the last 4 games, and only 2 in the last 10 games. Just cause they have a DGW, doesn't mean that they are going to do much, and then do you want to have 2 of them for the rest of the season?

This is my thinking. Feels like getting Burnley is going to be a trap.

I might get one like Pieters (4.3) as likely to be a 4th/5th defender for the rest of the season but no guarantee they'll keep the CS.

High risk, high reward but feel 2 is going to be overkill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Chilwelll/Reid to Lowton/Jesus for -4

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It’s not as if they’ve all of a sudden forgotten how to keep clean sheets.

We’ve seen it time and time again over the last 5 years with Burnley - when they face teams in and around them in the table they always make it tough for the opponent especially at home.

And who says you have to keep them for the rest of the season? There’s a thing called a wildcard and if you have used that then you can use transfers to get rid of them.

It’s not as if they’ve all of a sudden forgotten how to keep clean sheets.

We’ve seen it time and time again over the last 5 years with Burnley - when they face teams in and around them in the table they always make it tough for the opponent especially at home.

And who says you have to keep them for the rest of the season? There’s a thing called a wildcard and if you have used that then you can use transfers to get rid of them.

Well they have only kept 2 CS in the last 10 - so i would say that they have somewhat forgotten the art of keeping CS. This season is not like any other season either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How come there isn’t as much talk about Everton defenders with their double as Burnley ones?

I’m looking at Digne.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Well they have only kept 2 CS in the last 10 - so i would say that they have somewhat forgotten the art of keeping CS. This season is not like any other season either.

Form is temporary, Sean Dyche teams keeping clean sheets at home is permanent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Lemlin wrote: »
    How come there isn’t as much talk about Everton defenders with their double as Burnley ones?

I’m looking at Digne.

Man City

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Man City

Everton probably more likely to keep a clean sheet against Fulham though than Burnley are over two games! Plus with Digne chance of attacking points.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I’m looking at Digne.

I already have 2 city defenders and they're against man city in one of the games and they have pickford in goals

I’m looking at Digne.
    Burnley defenders are 4.5m, Digne is 6.0m

Easier to ditch a 4th/5th defender for Burnely defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 22,364 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Going to bank, have 3 City 2 Everton and Pope. That'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Already looking at -4 maybe more should of bloody kept Gundogan instead of Soucek.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Soucek to Gundog I reckon. That was the plan anyway. Soucek suspension makes it easier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

gammygils wrote: »
    Soucek to Gundog I reckon. That was the plan anyway. Soucek suspension makes it easier

Commentators on Match of the day seemed to think there was a possibility the FA would reverse the red card decision since it looked like it was accidental so will be holding out to see how the appeal goes myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I've wildcarded, team is in a mess out of nowhere. Chilwell not playing, sick of Mccarthy in net. Now wilson injured and still have problems with keeping salah, kane and son

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Waiting to see how Chelsea game goes, but currently looking at bringing in Mount for Barnes, although I had initially earmarked CHO.

• Advertisement

hawaii501 wrote: »
    I've wildcarded, team is in a mess out of nowhere. Chilwell not playing, sick of Mccarthy in net. Now wilson injured and still have problems with keeping salah, kane and son

Chilwell starts tonight,

Salah scored, Kane scored, Son Scored,

Don't think there was any real need to wildcard the team -

Calvert Lewin for Antonio and Sterling for Salah or Gundogan for Soucek.

That would be a minus four and id have City Defender and Midfielder and Calvert Lewin for that double game week.

Dunno how I stand with Burnley, to be honest, was originally going to go with Mee but now im not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Robertson out, will decide later who in.

Probably Lowton to let me go Bamford to Kane for GW26

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Rudiger is looking a serious option now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Chilwell starts tonight,

Salah scored, Kane scored, Son Scored,

Don't think there was any real need to wildcard the team -

Probably should have waited but I've gotten rid of Salah now and improved the defence/bench. Have now got 2 city defence while keeping Kane and Son though and players that'll play on the bench.

Gundog has to come in, Barnes gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

keane2097 wrote: »
    Rudiger is looking a serious option now

I'd stop a train

Jesus Christ why does everyone make transfers so quick! Calvert Lewin Gundogan going up very soon by looks of it still have game tomorrow and Fa cup during week. Don't wanna rush transfers before those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

For how long will Kane be price locked since his flag was removed?

i checked the rules but I didnt see it mentioned and I cant remember what it was. Was it something like 10 days ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Coufal > Lowton most likely.

Have 2FTs but not sure I’m sold on anyone else. I’ll have Lowton, Cancelo, Sterling, Gundo, DCL.

Advertisement