Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Unless you don't have any money ITB. Most have excess funds.

I wouldn't move on any transfers until Friday, so much can happen between now and then. Take a few days off, come back Friday and see what the plan is after the FA cup games are over and we will know more of who will blank / potential DGW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I find it mad that so many want Harry back - He's ceiling is 1 goal - ever since they thew away that 3 goal lead against west ham back at start of the season. He's 11.0m and produces returns in line with lads who are 4/5m cheaper. He's also got city next game.

I get that Kane helps son - but more of a reason to have Son.

Bamford, Watkins and DCL got to be the stand out striker options at the moment - all 3 in great form, guaranteed to play and have DGWs coming up. If Jesus wasn't a rotation risk he's actually got some decent form too.

Also there is so much talk about Burnley defenders and none about Fulham. Burnely have 2 CS in their last 10 games, whereas Fulham have 4. We've seen Everton go missing in games that you expect them to win - for example Newcastle, while Burnely are hot/cold when comes to scoring. Fulham lads dirt cheap and you'll have no problem benching them going forward, whereas if you were to bring in Digne for 6.1m there is a need to play him really.

I'm thinking of Shipping out Johnstones and getting in Areola - he's average 3.7 points per match - not the worse shout in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,957 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I find it mad that so many want Harry back - He's ceiling is 1 goal - ever since they thew away that 3 goal lead against west ham back at start of the season. He's 11.0m and produces returns in line with lads who are 4/5m cheaper. He's also got city next game.

Bamford, Watkins and DCL got to be the stand out striker options at the moment - all 3 in great form, guaranteed to play and have DGWs coming up. If Jesus wasn't a rotation risk he's actually got some decent form too.

Also there is so much talk about Burnley defenders and none about Fulham. Burnely have 2 CS in their last 10 games, whereas Fulham have 4. We've seen Everton go missing in games that you expect them to win - for example Newcastle, while Burnely are hot/cold when comes to scoring. Fulham lads dirt cheap and you'll have no problem benching them going forward, whereas if you were to bring in Digne for 6.1m there is a need to play him really.

I'm thinking of Shipping out Johnstones and getting in Areola - he's average 3.7 points per match - not the worse shout in the world?
    I think price is much less of a consideration at the moment though. It isn't so much of a choose 3 from Salah, De Bruyne, Bruno and Kane situation as it often is.

Can see myself having Kane if they have a double in 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I got areola on wildcard in 18 to go with Martinez as he had a DGW in 19 and knew he would have a double coming up. He is ideal as a second keeper because it's very rare ill get tempted to play him over Martinez in a normal week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Martinez (AVL), Nyland(AVL)

Cancelo (MCI), Stones (MCI), Justin (LEI), Lowton (BUR), Dallas (LEE)

Bruno (MUN), Son (TOT), Gundogan (MCI), Salah (LIV), Soucek (WHU)

Bamford (LEE), Antonio (WHU), Calvert-Lewin (EVE)

One free transfer and 4.5M in the bank.

I can't really see much worth doing this week? The transfer that's in my mind is Soucek -> Raphina but with the fixtures this week I'm inclined to bank and do that one after this GW.

Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Think I might do that Johnstone to Areola transfer too! Seems like a sideways move at worst with potential DGW bonus!

Although with talk of Ederson on penalties would be the brave but expensive option, whilst also forgoing Gundogan, who I really shouldn't ignore any longer right?

CSF wrote: »
    I think price is much less of a consideration at the moment though. It isn't so much of a choose 3 from Salah, De Bruyne, Bruno and Kane situation as it often is.

Can see myself having Kane if they have a double in 26.

Yea i get the argument on the price, but you would be very unlikely to seriously think of captaining Watkins or say Bamford week to week, in the same way as you may captain Kane, despite his form showing that he rarely gets more than 1 goal this season in a game.

If they have a double, it's a slightly different argument, but again depends on who else has a DGW.

Put it this way, if Watkins who has 4 goals in the last 5 games had a DGW in 26, along with Spurs - there would be very few people that would give the armband to Watkins over Kane if they had both - and that imo is purely driven on price.

Yea i get the argument on the price, but you would be very unlikely to seriously think of captaining Watkins or say Bamford week to week, in the same way as you may captain Kane, despite his form showing that he rarely gets more than 1 goal this season in a game.

If they have a double, it's a slightly different argument, but again depends on who else has a DGW.

Put it this way, if Watkins who has 4 goals in the last 5 games had a DGW in 26, along with Spurs - there would be very few people that would give the armband to Watkins over Kane if they had both - and that imo is purely driven on price.

It’s based on reputation more than price surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Rikand wrote: »
    we'll see how the weekend goes before I start fuming lol :D

Well if everybody benches/sold him he'll get a 15 pointer. If anybody starts him it'll be a 2 pointer. Guaranteed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    It’s based on reputation more than price surely?
    Far more likely to captain Kane than DCL/Bamford/Watkins too aren't we

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭sully123

keane2097 wrote: »

I can't really see much worth doing this week? The transfer that's in my mind is Soucek -> Raphina but with the fixtures this week I'm inclined to bank and do that one after this GW.

Any advice?

Maybe sell someone expensive and bring in JamRod. Especially if Eve end up with a dgw in 26.

keane2097 wrote: »

Any advice?

Nyland out, Areola in and play him for the DGW. This will free up another villa space should you wish to get both Grealish and Watkins for their DGW's in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Thinking of using BB...otherwise have a major selection headache....what do ye reckon??

My one transfer would be Nyland to Pope

Current squad:

Nyland | Martinez

Robertson | Stones | Dias | Coufal | Lowton

Salah | Bruno | Gundog | Grealish | Maddison

Antonio | Bamford | DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Thinking of using BB...otherwise have a major selection headache....what do ye reckon??

My one transfer would be Nyland to Pope

Current squad:

Nyland | Martinez

Robertson | Stones | Dias | Coufal | Lowton

Salah | Bruno | Gundog | Grealish | Maddison

Antonio | Bamford | DCL

Looks good, however wait until Friday, you might naturally have 13 doubles in 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Tarkowski just put himself into his own fantasy team and is in the bench tonight, could be a differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sterling starting in the FA Cup. Probably nailed on to be rested in one of DGW fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

siblers wrote: »
    Sterling starting in the FA Cup. Probably nailed on to be rested in one of DGW fixtures

Gundogan starting to and Laporte.

Damn you Pep

Yeah that Gundogan one is not ideal at all

Yea I've no idea what to do with City midfielders for the weekend ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Fac the FA Cup
    It's fackin me up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

Price? Moreso his record of over 150 epl goals from my point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

I already have Gundogan.
    Not going to bother with anymore city players.
    Too much of a lottery

Calvert Lewin has to come in and on form it has to be Antonio there's no way I can drop Kane or Bamford.

I haven't decided weather to go city midfield or Burnley defence.

Oh ffs he's gone off injured!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,274 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looks like DCL has gone off injured. I brought him in at the weekend to catch the price changes. ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Calvert Lewin has to come in and on form it has to be Antonio there's no way I can drop Kane or Bamford.

I haven't decided weather to go city midfield or Burnley defence.

Oh ffs he's gone off injured!

Saying it might be hamstring, that's not good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

James Justin off injured also

• Advertisement

Happy4all wrote: »
    Saying it might be hamstring, that's not good

I say it every week but this ****ing game! Haha.

Advertisement