Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Any think Jesus is worth a punt? Have enough to do Reid to Jesus atm. Could do Son to Sterling either

I feel Jesus is a bit like Mahrez, he could get you a hsttrick in his next game, and then inexplicable be on the bench for the 4 after that, and that's an expensive headache you don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Is anyone considering some fulham coverage or even a Burnley attacker?
    I have one city player in Gundogan and going to leave it at that.
    Got burned too many times with the pep roulette in dgws

I put in Reed from Fulham a couple of weeks ago to replace Oliver Burke as my budget midfielder. I will be playing him this week, even if it is only 4 points he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

With DCL injured, anyone fancy Decordova-Reid? Fulham have a DGW (Eve, Bur) this week and Shu next week

Same points scored as Richarison and slightly better form

I was seriously considering bringing him in on my free transfer this week but I think it is just the favourable fixtures that were making me think he was a good option. He was playing very wide in the last game I saw with Fulham seeming to be playing Cavaleiro more down the middle. He has only got the 5 goals so far this season and although he has a good shot I'm just afraid he will spend too much time away from the opposition goal to have a great chance of returns. Not the worst option but I've decided to take a punt on Cavani as I think he could have a better chance of goals in the one game against WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I think I’ll just bench DCL this week on the off chance he is back in time for DGW26. I’ll probably do Son to Rashford this week and avoid getting any more doublers in-feels a bit forced getting anyone in outside of City and Burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

thunderdog wrote: »
    You don’t fancy starting Cavani over one of the Spurs lads?

The two of them have been strong for my teams recovery so i am going to stay with them. Id more likely change Grealish/Soucek even with the favourable fixtures. Cavani as a starting option will change with more midweek cup matches coming up over the next few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Erik Pieters or Lowton? Is Lowton worth the slight extra 0.2? Just want the one that will play both matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Erik Pieters or Lowton? Is Lowton worth the slight extra 0.2? Just want the one that will play both matches.

Charlie Taylor is "touch & go" to return this game week, so he could play either of the double games at LB, reducing Pieters time.

Lowton was rested in the cup game so should be sound to play both games in the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,934 ✭✭✭✭CSF

With DCL out, I’m best off bringing Bamford in from the bench right? There is nobody 4 points more worthwhile than Bamford this week as far as I see it, DGW or otherwise.

I’m wildcarding next week so this week alone is the only consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

CSF wrote: »
    With DCL out, I’m best off bringing Bamford in from the bench right? There is nobody 4 points more worthwhile than Bamford this week as far as I see it, DGW or otherwise.

I’m wildcarding next week so this week alone is the only consideration.

I'd probably just stick with Bamford in your situation, it's the safe bet.
    If I wanted to have a one week gamble I'd go for Werner who was fully rested last night so I'd be fairly confident he'll start at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I have a FT to switch DCL. Do I punt on Richarlison? Or, do I bring in Bamford?

If I bring Richarlison he will be straight back out for Bamford next week. So, if I do Bamford now it means I have an extra transfer to use for the Leeds/Southampton double.

Seems too safe and not much fun but probably a logical move....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Probably going to just get rid of Justin altogether. Probably get Rudiger, Wan Bissaka or Shaw maybe. Already have two MCI defs, Dallas & Lowton.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Would you say DCL is 100% out or maybe 10% chance to play? Not playing until Sunday evening.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Probably going to just get rid of Justin altogether. Probably get Rudiger, Wan Bissaka or Shaw maybe. Already have two MCI defs, Dallas & Lowton.

Well obviously. Justin is gone for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

JPA wrote: »
    Would you say DCL is 100% out or maybe 10% chance to play? Not playing until Sunday evening.

Ancelotti ruled him out for Sunday but was hopeful of having him for the midweek game

JPA wrote: »
    Well obviously. Justin is gone for the year.

I'm aware of that, cheers. I have a few transfers I'm thinking about as per earlier in the thread. I wasn't planning on playing Justin this week anyway so it's not necessarily urgent to dump him. I can stand at least one price drop before I would lose any value.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If yous had to pick a player to take out for Gundogan Salah or Soucek?

Fairly sure I'll go Gundogan over Sterling anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If I use up my 2 FT to get Areola and Lowton I'd, with honesty to myself, have a bench for BB of

Martinez - bri
    Coufal - SU
    Shaw - wb
    Grealish - bri

Looking at what I'd have in GW26 it might include Bamford with 1 game. Mount with 2 difficult games. And a defender I havnt identified with 2 games as I dont fancy any in particular. Areola likely too with a harder double.

And that would be using all 4 FT in the lead up.

If I go this week I could have more choice over hopefully good 11s in both the next 2 gws and not be waiting for injuries or European games to spoil it.

Might do it unless someone isnt playing.

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Ancelotti ruled him out for Sunday but was hopeful of having him for the midweek game

I just wonder if there any chance he will play, he could recover in the next day.
    I suppose they won't risk him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

keane2097 wrote: »

Is Justin out for the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is Justin out for the season?

Yeah, ACL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any idea who will come in for him? I assume Pereira even though he started the last 2

siblers wrote: »
    Any idea who will come in for him? I assume Pereira even though he started the last 2

I guess Castagne will get his place back when he's fit again. I'm considering getting Perreira in to replace him too, probably not a bad idea to have LEI defensive cover. 5.9M though.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Went with gun this week instead of salah to sterling . I've a feeling salah will get a goal or 2 this week

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lowton in for Justin. Allows me to keep KWP who has 2 games next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Brought Mee in for Robertson.
    Left with

Martinez, Meslier
    Mee, Dias, Cancelo, Coufal, Shaw
    Salah, Son, Bruno, Gundogan, Raphinha
    Bamford, Antonio, Watkins

Finding it hard to bench players this week, which 3 outfield players would you be benching here? I'm 100% set on 2 of them I think and 90% on the third one. Would mean playing 5 at the back, which I very rarely do but I can't see myself benching any of those 5 defenders this gw. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So looking at going with this.

Martinez / McCarthy

Shaw, Stones, lowdon / Coufal, Dallas

Salah, Grealish, Bruno, Gundogan / Maddison

Bamford, Kane, Antonio.

I kinda have to play bench boost this week I reckon.

Two transfers -4.

munster87 wrote: »
    Brought Mee in for Robertson.
    Left with

Martinez, Meslier
    Mee, Dias, Cancelo, Coufal, Shaw
    Salah, Son, Bruno, Gundogan, Raphinha
    Bamford, Antonio, Watkins

Finding it hard to bench players this week, which 3 outfield players would you be benching here? I'm 100% set on 2 of them I think and 90% on the third one. Would mean playing 5 at the back, which I very rarely do but I can't see myself benching any of those 5 defenders this gw. :confused:
    I think if you haven't already used your bench boost, now is the time.

If you have already used it, I would bench Meslier, Son, Bamford and eh at an extreme push Raphinha. But that is such a strong bench that you should use it if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

CSF wrote: »
    I think if you haven't already used your bench boost, now is the time.

If you have already used it, I would bench Meslier, Son, Bamford and eh at an extreme push Raphinha. But that is such a strong bench that you should use it if you can.

I used it in the gw 19 Ironically those 3 Leeds players were on my bench then v Brighton and they returned 4 points between the 3 of them!
    Just looked at my bench points since...22, 19, 13, 23. Talk about picking the wrong week!

You have named the same players that I was fairly set on benching though. My 90% was Bamford. Think he might get something v Arsenal but it would mean benching Antonio (due to not being able for 90 mins) or possibly Salah v Leicester and he's too explosive if he does actually do anything!

munster87 wrote: »
    I used it in the gw 19 Ironically those 3 Leeds players were on my bench then v Brighton and they returned 4 points between the 3 of them!
    Just looked at my bench points since...22, 19, 13, 23. Talk about picking the wrong week!

You have named the same players that I was fairly set on benching though. My 90% was Bamford. Think he might get something v Arsenal but it would mean benching Antonio (due to not being able for 90 mins) or possibly Salah v Leicester and he's too explosive if he does actually do anything!
    You are destined to be p*ssed off that one of your bench players did well, but that is the nature of having 15 decent players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Seems crazy to not transfer in a DGWer but West Brom are so bad I might risk Cavani in for DCL

Advertisement