Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shotgun use near my house

Options
  • 06-02-2021 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi,
    I live in a remote house,about 100m from a laneway.......in recent time times I’ve noted shotguns goin off at the top of my drive at times ranging from 8pm to 12am at night....I checked out last week and noted pellets dropping on a hedge at the front of my garden.....in retrospect I believe these could have dropped on my roof in the past,.....it’s got to the stage where my eldest is greeting spooked at these goings on!

......I initially thought it might have been local farmers however when the shooters became aware of my presence they drove off,at relative haste from the top of my drive

My question is this: are there any firearm regulations governing the use of firearms at night within range of my house?.!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

If you have concerns ring the local Gaurds.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If they're on a public road or your property then I'd seriously be calling the Gardai.

If it's regular set up a trail cam in area to see can you pick up something, they may well be hunting but this must be done safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

cant see any reason for shooting a gun up into the air at this time of night. ring the guards next time and let them know whats going on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Davauer

Call the Garda bring in the pellets you need number plate of car

Under section 44 of the Wildlife Act 1976, it is an offence for a person who is not the owner or occupier of land, without the permission of the owner or occupier, or the permission of a person who enjoys sporting rights over the land:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Davauer wrote: »
    Call the Garda bring in the pellets you need number plate of car

Under section 44 of the Wildlife Act 1976, it is an offence for a person who is not the owner or occupier of land, without the permission of the owner or occupier, or the permission of a person who enjoys sporting rights over the land:

Absolutely not, notify the Gardai and let them deal with it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Talk to these lads... https://www.garda.ie/en...

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

sandyxxx wrote: »
    Hi,
    I live in a remote house,about 100m from a laneway.......in recent time times I’ve noted shotguns goin off at the top of my drive at times ranging from 8pm to 12am at night....I checked out last week and noted pellets dropping on a hedge at the front of my garden.....in retrospect I believe these could have dropped on my roof in the past,.....it’s got to the stage where my eldest is greeting spooked at these goings on!

Well, as you have stated (being CSI Qualified, knowing the difference between shotgun, rifle or pistol and "GOING OFF", with pellets dropping in my hedge (only on a weekly basis) or maybe never before, I want to complain about something that never happens, or maybe it does happen sometimes when I'm not here and I'm not sure if it happens and what about the bottom of your driveway.

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Proper and only answer to this is post #2.

Thread closed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement