Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant access to 5000 newspapers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

zell12 wrote: »
    Having issues reading papers now
    Use a VPN and the random 8 digit number. I can click to the front newspaper page, trying to read it or inner pages, it reverts to the homepage

Solution?

Strange if you are able to get the front page but not the whole newspaper. Maybe try a different browser or check if your VPN is stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Stop touching yourself

What must I do to sign up for this?

I'm starting at the site http://library.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx I'm not up to speed with everything here so can someone give me a tldr crash crourse on how to get logged in and have access to everything please?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Stop touching yourself

well don't all answer at once.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Kat1170

well don't all answer at once.... :pac:

The instructions are in the very first post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

What must I do to sign up for this?

I'm starting at the site http://library.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx I'm not up to speed with everything here so can someone give me a tldr crash crourse on how to get logged in and have access to everything please?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113606284

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I’m having issues today. I’m trying to log in with libraries account at sign in page it keeps redirecting back to sign in each time after entering details. It’s the same with VPN turned off and on.
    I have double checked my library card number , it says waterford library (offsite) when I select that library.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

Does the pressreader app work with the 90000000 login ? i know it works on a laptop website . thans

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭geriatric

I’m having issues today. I’m trying to log in with libraries account at sign in page it keeps redirecting back to sign in each time after entering details. It’s the same with VPN turned off and on.
    I have double checked my library card number , it says waterford library (offsite) when I select that library.

Same for me. Its not letting me read an item, keeps returning to my sign in page.

Any ideas please?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TT rainbows

geriatric wrote: »
    Same for me. Its not letting me read an item, keeps returning to my sign in page.

Any ideas please?

Yea and annoying to find out what’s going on. I made a new registration with libraries Ireland and same thing. Keeps jumping back to subscription login. No info on Facebook either

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fadeen

I am having similar issues- lost free access to most irish newspapers months ago and now no free access to UK newspapers

• Advertisement

geriatric wrote: »

Any ideas please?

Just got a reply from press reader saying they fixed the issue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Oh no... The Examiner has disappeared from the list ! ☹️

Great otherwise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 madmoran

The 900000000 barcode has stopped working on PressReader from this morning 11/03/2021

VPN set to any country makes no difference. Has anybody else noticed this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

they fixed the bug - Invalid barcode/library card number . Can you close this and mark it gone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

they fixed the bug - Invalid barcode/library card number . Can you close this and mark it gone

Or you could sign up to your library: https://www.librariesireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Still works.
    Sign out and try a new number
    9xxxxxxx
    4xxxxxxx
    3xxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

You cant beat a knee jerk reaction :D:D

Just checked and 90000000 is still working for me, so they must have unfixed the bug!

Thanks Branners,
    Working for me now again as well.
    Should have had more patients.
    "Keep on Smiling"..........

It looks like the Irish times access is gone . I tried UK & German VPN , no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

IT working good for me on UK vpn!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Irish Independant not available yesterday or today even with a vpn?
    Any way notice this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Batesout wrote: »
    Any way notice this

Seems to be gone as are Sunday Independent and all local papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭EarWig

Any way notice this
    When was the last time you got it?

EarWig wrote: »
    When was the last time you got it?
    Monday

Monday
    Did you use library wifi?

EarWig wrote: »
    Did you use library wifi?
    No

No
    Funny that. I never get the Irish Independent. VPN or not.

So, the last question is which library or do you use the generic number at the start of the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Apogee

Usually with VPN on and before you sign in with barcode you had a choice of 82 publications when you pressed "select title" for Ireland.
    That has now gone down to 54 since Tuesday 13th, losing The Irish Independent, Sunday Independent and others. So the choice has nothing to do with signing in. A shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭alanbk

Anyone any ideas on how to get the Indo back ? Sharing a subscription like peeps do with spotify etc ?? I think you can read the sub across 5 devices.

Advertisement