Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Next%- the ongoing debate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 The Spy Queen

Very little mileage on my vaporflys and the diamond shapes on rear of sould have fell off both shoes making them impossible to run on in wet conditions. Recently bought a pair of pegasus turbo , 10 weeks ago and the soul on them is lifting away from main body of runner. Never happened on any other shoes ive bought. So imo quality of nikes are not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

^ Not a new profile of mine :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

So got the new vapourflys. Have only tried them on in the house so far. Must say they feel fast and comfortable. Excited to try them now.
    Will wait a few weeks to test them though. Had a long layoff due to sickness over Christmas so want to be feeling fit before I wear them (weird I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Query for all who have the Next% Vaporflys, I got a pair for Xmas and they were my usual Nike size of 8 (42.5) just my initial thoughts are they are quite tight around the widest part of my foot, so to check i ordered another pair in size 8.5 using my birthday code. So the 8.5 arrived today and the width seems to be better but my concern is they will loosen over time. i Now need to return one of them.

How do others feel these shoes fit on them, Should they be snug or should i be allowing for expansion as they will be used for marathon distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Cona wrote: »
    Anyone have issues when ordering direct from Nike....the last three orders I’ve placed with them they seem to seriously mess up. I ordered Vapourfly on the 28th and see that the payment was reverted to my account today. The order status says they will be with me on the 13th but from past experience I know in a day or two they will cancel the order and send me some make up excuse...
    Weird thing is they seem to have plenty of stock so I’m confused now...

They seem to be a seriously messed up company to order from, I know I can’t be only one with this experience

Serious issues in International shipping capacity at moment which would explain shoes suddenly becoming unavailable (no space on ship not no stock).

https://www.lloydsloadinglist.com/freight-directory/news/China-UK-rates-top-16000feu-in-ocean-auction/78256.htm?cl=article_1&elqTrack=true&mc_cid=c49b948955&mc_eid=425a13f1ba#.YABmc-iwk2y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Cona wrote: »
    No offence here, but people really need to differentiate their needs. Your post seems to imply that you didn’t want to pay for the Nikes and went the next best thing that was more affordable for you. Totally fine.
    For me I’d hate that approach. If I’m paying good money for something, I want the best available (even if it’s just psychological)

At the moment, the Nike still holds the crown and until we see evidence and testing it will prob stay that way.

sorry this is not correct we are now in an area where it depends on a runner what shoe will be faster.
    and at the half marathon distance adidas already has 4 shoes in the 3 fastest men and female all time times and nike only 2.
    from some individual testing i have seen the nike seems to always come in the top 2 so it might still be the safest bet but it does not hold the crown alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭FinnC

boydkev wrote: »
    Query for all who have the Next% Vaporflys, I got a pair for Xmas and they were my usual Nike size of 8 (42.5) just my initial thoughts are they are quite tight around the widest part of my foot, so to check i ordered another pair in size 8.5 using my birthday code. So the 8.5 arrived today and the width seems to be better but my concern is they will loosen over time. i Now need to return one of them.

How do others feel these shoes fit on them, Should they be snug or should i be allowing for expansion as they will be used for marathon distance.

I’m also a size 8, well I’m a size 42.5 as size 8 can be different for different manufacturers. Size 8 in New Balance for example is a 42 so I have to get an 8.5.
    Anyway I got size 42.5 for the Next% and they fit fine though I have them 4 months and have only put 11km on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

boydkev wrote: »

I would say they are true to size. I'm a bog standard 11UK in all other runners I have and went 11 in the Vaporflys. They fit well and I've just finished my longest run in them yet at 22km and no issues. The 2nd smallest toe on my right foot is sore but that is probably to do with battered odd feet more than sizing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I notice the heel is very narrow on these Vaplorflies. I am wondering are there issues for people who wear down either side of the heal?
    Maybe all Nikes are like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

4%'s and Next%'s have both been true to size for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Nike Vaporfly Next % 2 via Nike talk

Only change is to the upper and laces

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I notice the heel is very narrow on these Vaplorflies. I am wondering are there issues for people who wear down either side of the heal?
    Maybe all Nikes are like this?

Nearly 400kms on my Zoomfly Flyknits and the outter side of each heel slightly worn. Touching 200kms in my Vapourlflys and barely worn despite the narrow heel. Maybe it's just me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Stupid question but how do these shoes make you go faster and are there different types/levels?

I’ve worn Nike Zoom Vomero for years but I’d be prepared to try these if they genuinely worked?

Thanks

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Stupid question but how do these shoes make you go faster and are there different types/levels?

I’ve worn Nike Zoom Vomero for years but I’d be prepared to try these if they genuinely worked?

Thanks

TbL

Don’t, you’re a caveman like me!! These hipsters are not for us C........

OOnegative wrote: »

:) didn’t even know that such witchcraft existed, do they come in black and scutter proof :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

OOnegative wrote: »

How have you let him run in Vomeros for years.... Some friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

How have you let him run in Vomeros for years.... Some friend!

Because when a friend feels comfortable in something you stick by them, even if it’s leggings/shorts combo.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thanks

TbL

I got a pair of VFs last year and first try in 5km, 10km, 10m, HM and Marathon I PB'd, and some very significantly - Marathon 40 mins albeit it was a year since the last one I completed and a lot of training since, did another 3 weeks later and beat it by 4 mins. Went over 5mins PB in HM, over 1 min on 5km 1st try and then beating it even further on both 2nd and 3rd attempts! Well worth the investment. Got the Alphaflys delivered today which I'm going to pop out on a 5km TT next week to see what the story is with them.

Nike 60 day returns if you don't like them too!

rizzee wrote: »
    I got a pair of VFs last year and first try in 5km, 10km, 10m, HM and Marathon I PB'd, and some very significantly - Marathon 40 mins albeit it was a year since the last one I completed and a lot of training since, did another 3 weeks later and beat it by 4 mins. Went over 5mins PB in HM, over 1 min on 5km 1st try and then beating it even further on both 2nd and 3rd attempts! Well worth the investment. Got the Alphaflys delivered today which I'm going to pop out on a 5km TT next week to see what the story is with them.

Nike 60 day returns if you don't like them too!

Thank you.

What’s the science beyond how they work?

How much did you pay?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Thanks

TbL

Paging Murph.

This race has taken a sinister turn. I hope he's keeping an eye on the food and nutrition forum too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Thank you.

What’s the science beyond how they work?

How much did you pay?

TbL

You'll be walking that catwalk in style in no time :cool:;)

You'll be walking that catwalk in style in no time :cool:;)

Black and scutter proof I said...:)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭FinnC

Thanks

TbL
    From a Vomero to a Next% would be like going from a Toyota Corolla to a McLaren F1..!

FinnC wrote: »
    From a Vomero to a Next% would be like going from a Toyota Corolla to a McLaren F1..!

Thanks

I probably just need to upgrade to a Passat to beat Murph.

Where can you buy these magic carpets I can’t find them available on the web?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Thanks

I probably just need to upgrade to a Passat to beat Murph.

Where can you buy these magic carpets I can’t find them available on the web?

TbL

I'd say a Lada would be good enough the way I'm going at the moment.

I can't believe TbL is only hearing about the VF / Next% now though. Is this a sinister ploy to make us all think he's losing his marbles?

C - the VFs are very hard to get at the moment, but a man who moves in your kind of circles should have no problems. And if you want to know how they work, read the thread, you lazy sod. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I think it's so sad that someone who derides bright shoes and coloured laces would resort to sprung platform shoes in lurid colours just to get an edge...:(

PS...have a look at the Craft CTM Ultra Carbon ;)

https://www.craftsportswear.com/global/ctm-ultra-carbon-male-multi-color-1910453-013000

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I think it's so sad that someone who derides bright shoes and coloured laces would resort to sprung platform shoes in lurid colours just to get an edge...:(

PS...have a look at the Craft CTM Ultra Carbon ;)

https://www.craftsportswear.com/global/ctm-ultra-carbon-male-multi-color-1910453-013000

Those craft yokes only have pygmy sizes left and I’d look like a pygmy zebra to boot :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Butterbeans

Sizewize, does anyone have any pointers on the Vaporflys Next%.
    I've read they fit 1/2 size small. I usually take size 10, but the last pair of Nike I had (which was over 5 years ago) were 10.5, and I probably could have gone up a half size in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Sizewize, does anyone have any pointers on the Vaporflys Next%.
    I've read they fit 1/2 size small. I usually take size 10, but the last pair of Nike I had (which was over 5 years ago) were 10.5, and I probably could have gone up a half size in them.

I find the sizing consistent with other Nike models.

• Advertisement

Murph_D wrote: »
    I find the sizing consistent with other Nike models.

So you’ve been wearing these yokes...

TbL

Advertisement