Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

endainoz wrote: »
    I saw someone recommend using Mywallst here recently. I just signed up for the free trial. Might consider getting it for a year as I like the way they are pushing long term stable investment. It seems more like a pension fund than a get rich quick type of thing.

The seem to have quite a good record with their stock picks. Have many here been using it over the longer term?

Yeah been using them for a few years, great way to learn, and lot of companies that you can sleep easy holding.

Wasn't NOK one of the meme stocks?

It got thrown into the bucket but never really moved. Jumped for a day, that was it really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Elon with the Dogecoin tweets this morn got the price up 20 or so percent for a while.

also tweeted

I am become Meme,
    Destroyer of shorts

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1357269755112148993?s=20

quite clearly trying to influence the 'meme' short stocks- but not at the same time, so he doesn't fall foul of regulators.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    To be fair, if I had my bonuses in Gamestop and had the chance to liqudate it at these prices, it'd be silly not to
    Ah yeah I agree, logical decision at the time, but to have the stocks a week later at many multiples of what you sold it for would still be a bit of a sickner.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

It got thrown into the bucket but never really moved. Jumped for a day, that was it really

that would have been the day I bought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Who ever recommended Annovis Bio - thank you. Up 120% since I bought in mid Jan and now 20% in premarket. Sickened I didn't buy more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Who ever recommended Annovis Bio - thank you. Up 120% since I bought in mid Jan and now 20% in premarket. Sickened I didn't buy more.

You're welcome :) It's worth a hell of a lot more based on Sava valuation.

I think we will consolidate once SAVA pump is over and I'll be picking up more then.

Got greedy last week and was waiting for a 9 dollar dip for ANVS to buy more. Still happy with profit obviously :p Holding for a way bigger price target based on SAVA performance.

As an FYI, been recommending ANVS since last Summer, criminally undervalued then especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Rivian is the rumour, but it's nothing more than murmours at the moment.
    https://investorplace.com/2021/01/spac-merger-news-why-ipod-ipoe-and-ipof-stock-are-on-the-move-today/

Rivian have some Big backers, that would be brilliant if IPOF get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Wasn't NOK one of the meme stocks?

Yeah but nokia came out and basically told people not to waste their time buying it and throwing money away

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

To be fair, if I had my bonuses in Gamestop and had the chance to liqudate it at these prices, it'd be silly not to

810000 at 21.22 would be sick when that was 212.22

• Advertisement

Bought myself CLOV (Clover Health) and IPOF today.

Both Chamath plays, CLOV hasn't really moved since it merged, Chamath is very passionate about it from what I've seen. IPOF has no target get, rumours of an EV play.

EV + SPAC + Chamath sounds like rocket ships to me
    Timed that well, Hindenburg Research just released a short report
    https://hindenburgresearch.com/clover/

neris wrote: »
    810000 at 21.22 would be sick when that was 212.22

Although, the poor thing will have to use the $17 odd million worth of dollar bills to dry her tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

WSB seems to have gone very quiet today. My instinct is telling me it’s going to be a very bad day for GME and AMC. But I’m new to this and probably 100% wrong lol

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭peterofthebr

Renault 5 wrote: »
    WSB seems to have gone very quiet today. My instinct is telling me it’s going to be a very bad day for GME and AMC. But I’m new to this and probably 100% wrong lol
    SEC looking at REDDIT, possible regulation. i think there looking for users who pumped and dumped the stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Hindenburg just done a hit job on Clov will be nice entries after.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭peterofthebr

not a share recommendation but worth saying - there is def something shady going on here. it seems to span accross Reddit, Twitter and discord. esp in crypto. like last night there was a pump call into SKY crypto at 2100GMT(looks to be someone [in this case] in the UK)and once you buy it you go onto social media and promote it. there is a few people using these tatics to profit gain from..it might be how GME share price took off

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

We are the product! Great read https://www.epsilontheory.com/hunger-games/

Don't play with money you can't afford to lose!

I'm starting to come around to the idea of blockchain based exchanges. It'll be quite a war to get that past the vested interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Kilboor wrote: »
    You're welcome :) It's worth a hell of a lot more based on Sava valuation.

I think we will consolidate once SAVA pump is over and I'll be picking up more then.

Got greedy last week and was waiting for a 9 dollar dip for ANVS to buy more. Still happy with profit obviously :p Holding for a way bigger price target based on SAVA performance.

As an FYI, been recommending ANVS since last Summer, criminally undervalued then especially.

I'll never not listen to you. It's a 200% gain for me, im just sickened as I usually put more in but had to move some funds around, think there'll be a pull back tomorrow or so? this is 3 straight days its unreal! Ive a big stupid grin on my face

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Is it too late to get on the ANVS train?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Picked up some Nextera Energy (NEE). Worlds largest producer of wind and solar energy, early mover advantage on this so in a good position to scale up. Should benefit from the Biden administration too. Also pays a dividend if that's your thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I'll never not listen to you. It's a 200% gain for me, im just sickened as I usually put more in but had to move some funds around, think there'll be a pull back tomorrow or so? this is 3 straight days its unreal! Ive a big stupid grin on my face

Please don't listen to me :D There'll come a day I'll get it badly wrong :o

No idea how to play this, happy to hold. The catalyst I want is those trial results, due Q1. If they're positive I see no reason this isn't on par with $SAVA

Which at minimum should bring it to 700 mil MKT Cap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Stocks really powering ahead the last few days. Its can be mixed feelings when they creep up in value. You're wondering if the whole market is overvalued.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I've been long in VLDR for a while, they're Lidar makers and they've actual sales....there's talk Hyundai will use their tech for EV's and fruit company are in talks with Hyundai to make EV's...if it goes through this could see a nice jump.

I'm also in some SPAC's - they're the flavour of the month/year :)

PSTH - guess everyone's in it
    IPOF - Chamath's as noted earlier
    WPF - their other SPAC BFT merging with paysafe
    GSAH - Goldman sachs spac, assuming they'll find a good partner to merge
    GIK - merging with lightning emotors. they're around $15- but should see a nice jump
    GIX - they merging with uphealth - similar to teledoc but haven't moved at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭oinkely

Picked up some Nextera Energy (NEE). Worlds largest producer of wind and solar energy, early mover advantage on this so in a good position to scale up. Should benefit from the Biden administration too. Also pays a dividend if that's your thing.

Any idea how revolut would deal with dividends?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Timed that well, Hindenburg Research just released a short report

After skimming the summary, that looks fairly damning, if true. Anyone tempted to sell or more thinking about buying the dip?

After skimming the summary, that looks fairly damning, if true. Anyone tempted to sell or more thinking about buying the dip?
    Holding for now, I'll see what Chamath comes back with, I assume he knew this was gonna come up at some stage

not a share recommendation but worth saying - there is def something shady going on here. it seems to span accross Reddit, Twitter and discord. esp in crypto. like last night there was a pump call into SKY crypto at 2100GMT(looks to be someone [in this case] in the UK)and once you buy it you go onto social media and promote it. there is a few people using these tatics to profit gain from..it might be how GME share price took off

The Sky pump and dump is a regular occurrence, stay well away from them. There's loads that have Discord and telegram groups. They pick a different Crypto every few days.

I'm closing out my AMC position, fun while it lasted, but trading isn't for me.

I sold my A*C.

Reinvested into some old favourites:
    Pinterest
    Datadog
    Cloudfare

Tech stocks have had great earnings so far so expecting more of the same over the next few weeks (starting with Pinterest tonight hopefully)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Revolut appear to have implemented some stock notification feature as my phone has been buzzing all afternoon to tell me that my shares are heading south! :D

Advertisement