Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭jams100

daheff wrote: »
    Can I ask you how you come to that figure?

Back of an envelope calculation, no point going too deep when there is zero chance I'm going to invest.

Main problems I see:

1. Microsoft Teams. As someone who uses Teams, Zoom, Skype, Meets and previously Slack, there are no longer any benefits over teams. The stability and features within teams has improved immeasurably over the past 6-8 months. Most enterprise customers already have teams....teams are renewing their partnership with SAP who have 440,000 customers, most of them being the biggest companies in the world. In a few years I don't see why companies would need both.

2. Zoom's period of immense growth is over. I expected them to diversify, even if only at at a high level by now.

3. I know working from home is here to stay long term but the impact of some companies returning to the office could impact zoom as they are pure video conferencing.

4. Trading at over 50* 2021 sales. Best comparison is slack being acquired for roughly 30* sales.

Competition is going to be their problem imo, I don't think zoom are going anywhere or contract but they need smart acquisitions to grow at anywhere near their current rate.

They are my thoughts, maybe others see something that I'm not?

I've always said Tesla are overvalued but I never really saw them as a tech/battery company, clearly I was wrong on that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Magno_DT wrote: »
    Total number of posts during the month of January:

Share Picks 2018: 94
    Share Picks 2019: 103
    Share Picks 2020: 183
    Share Picks 2021: 2,811

Perhaps a sign of an interesting year ahead.

Another idea here, what if we have half a dozen share picks 2021 threads, one for penny stocks (under 5$), one for growth sticks, one for all EVs, one for covid recovery stocks, and an everything else, and then a pure chit chat thread. You get to pick and choose which threads you wanna keep track of and ignore the others in areas you aren't interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

We have all heard the reports that Natwest may close down Ulster bank... If it does it will free up circa 15bn Capital which will enable Natwest to redistribute the proceeds to shareholders or to invest in upgrading it's online offering. With results being announced on the 19th of feb there is a good chance that Natwest will make an announcement in regards to ulster which may bump its share price.... Might be worth a punt for a 5-10% return.

Ive a few shares in them in the last few years and wouldnt go near them. ulster banks a tiny cog in their overall operation and they are still massivley owned by the british government and trying to sort out the early 2000s. I would also say i wouldnt touch european bank stocks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

hope it knocks a fair bit off so I can get in :rolleyes:

thats the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Timing belt

neris wrote: »
    Ive a few shares in them in the last few years and wouldnt go near them. ulster banks a tiny cog in their overall operation and they are still massivley owned by the british government and trying to sort out the early 2000s. I would also say i wouldnt touch european bank stocks

I am not bullish on any banks at the moment with the low interest rate environment. But can see a bump to the share price if it makes an announcement on this on the 19th. This would be a short term trade only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

If Ryanair breaks the €16 mark, I'm selling.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

I am not bullish on any banks at the moment with the low interest rate environment. But can see a bump to the share price if it makes an announcement on this on the 19th. This would be a short term trade only.

have to agree this sentiment on the banks. Low & negative interest rates make it even harder for banks to earn a return these days. a lot of loans would be margin of X plus Euribor/Libor etc. when these rates are on the floor theres no return.

and rates look to be low for the next while too. Most banks had to sell off a lot of profitable arms of the business (eg wealth mgmt, consulting/advisory) during the bad days. These are the areas that they make most of in the good days. trying to buy back now or rebuild a business is costly.

FWIW, I'm long BOI & PTSB from a number of years back. I've these as a long term play.

but again...what do i know..i'm also long GME

Gamestop up over 25% in premarket currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

Any thoughts on investing in Roblox when it becomes available? It seems to have been delayed again.

My kids and my friends kids are addicted to this game but not sure if there is anything in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Mike3549

VXRT down 50% in premarket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Mike3549 wrote: »
    VXRT down 50% in premarket

Hmmm, very suspicious, big increase in SP ahead of bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Is there one final sting in the dying GME wasp

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ingeneer

Anyone have any position in Virtu Financial? (NASDAQ:VIRT). I think they make more money when trading volumes are high - so possibly will do well with the influx of retail investors. Think I'll jump in today but may have missed the boat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

well i wish i had not dumped GME at the close last night for $90 , great chance to exit today missed

$70 loss which still leaves me up over $900 on this thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

how long before trading halted at a LULD?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Limerick_dude

Robson99 wrote: »
    Good shout. Going well

Not at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

$Tyme is flying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PCros wrote: »
    Any thoughts on investing in Roblox when it becomes available? It seems to have been delayed again.

My kids and my friends kids are addicted to this game but not sure if there is anything in it!
    I don't have kids of that age, and had never heard about this when it was mentioned but I am quite interested. It's important to keep up with trends when investing, a 50 year old who has a blind spot for tech for example didn't do too well the past few years.

From what I've read of Roblox, sounds like the kids who play it as kids, can end up moving into developing games on it later, and there's a whole ecosystem of in game purchases that benefit everyone. I'm going to try to buy around IPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AMC/GME having it's regular opening hour slump.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Dartkerry wrote: »
    Vaxart, Inc. (VXRT) make flu vaccines in pill form. Will have a press conference next week with their CEO and Dr. Fauchi regarding a Covid vaccine pill. Which the WHO has said is needed to vaccinate the whole world. Seems interesting, though it has blown up 30% today. I am in @ 11.32.

Any reason for the drop today? Am tempted now but might wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Alphabet is flying right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

SNDL doing well +17%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

So you lads stock pile dollars when its at a good price?

I know with Revolut you can auto convert at a certain exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

https://news.gamestop.com/news-releases/news-release-details/gamestop-appoints-chief-technology-officer

Appointed a former AWS engineering lead as CTO. Seems e-commerce and almost certainly a CDN is on the way if all the chatter about Microsoft ti's to be believed.

circadian wrote: »
    https://news.gamestop.com/news-releases/news-release-details/gamestop-appoints-chief-technology-officer

Appointed a former AWS engineering lead as CTO. Seems e-commerce and almost certainly a CDN is on the way if all the chatter about Microsoft ti's to be believed.
    These seem to be serious people.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

A juicy analysis of the GME trades over the last couple of weeks. Makes the wsb noise look like a useful smokescreen.

https://www.sonecon.com/whats-really-going-on-with-gamestop/

WSB thread seems to be less... manic.

A juicy analysis of the GME trades over the last couple of weeks. Makes the wsb noise look like a useful smokescreen.

https://www.sonecon.com/whats-really-going-on-with-gamestop/

My phone hates that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

treatyman wrote: »
    Any reason for the drop today? Am tempted now but might wait and see.

Not the expected positive announcement on their Phase 1 testing of the covid vaccine (pill) they are developing....

• Advertisement

Advertisement