Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness SIX Nations 2021

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

The French minister for sport is demanding guarantees from both the English, and Irish governments that the French standards of virus support are met before allowing any games to take place
    That's the 6 nations dead and buried, if you let the French dictate any terms when their own sides have been riddled for months, then you're in huge trouble
    If they want to play.. great.. if not...it's a 5 nations tournament this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Should be postponed to summer. Drop the lions for 1 year to 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

France have shut their borders to non eu citizens

PcR test required for eu citizens and a curfew is in place too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    France have shut their borders to non eu citizens

PcR test required for eu citizens and a curfew is in place too
    Travel from non EU countries rather than non EU citizens. The curfew has been in place for 3 or 4 months. And they already had the requirement for a negative pcr test for entry via air and seaports.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Travel from non EU countries rather than non EU citizens. The curfew has been in place for 3 or 4 months. And they already had the requirement for a negative pcr test for entry via air and seaports.

The report on sky was a bit confusing they kept switching between non EU citizens and non EU countries.

I wonder if this will scupper the 6n now

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    The report on sky was a bit confusing they kept switching between non EU citizens and non EU countries.

I wonder if this will scupper the 6n now

England is not in the EU... but they still allow essential travel..so does international sport fall into essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

England is not in the EU... but they still allow essential travel..so does international sport fall into essential?

Nor are Scotland or Wakes. Half the Six Nations are in, half are out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

While we're doing the geography NI isn't in the EU either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

While we're doing the geography NI isn't in the EU either

And don't we know it.

Can I interest you in some vaccine? It's in an icebox in the boot of the car, but it's legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

You'd miss the traditional six nations weekends on the high stools

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

PTH2009 wrote: »
    You'd miss the traditional six nations weekends on the high stools

not really, pubs tend to be full of tosspots at for matches at the best of times, but its at its worst during the Six Nations.

If you cared enough youd go to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You need to find yourself a better pub, or lose the chip.

not really, pubs tend to be full of tosspots at for matches at the best of times, but its at its worst during the Six Nations.

Seriously? Nearly a million people watch each 6N game. There are 50000 tickets available. Do the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Went to many games before and will again in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Went to many games before and will again in the future

The decent rugby pub was an endangered species before Covid. I fear there won't be many left after it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

mod: don’t be a dick please.

awec wrote: »
    mod: don’t be a dick please.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but we've all been there, overly crowded pubs packed with clueless punters who think a test match is something you'd use to light a fire.

IMHO its always worth it to try get to a game and take in the atmosphere that way!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sorry if I offended anyone, but we've all been there, overly crowded pubs packed with clueless punters who think a test match is something you'd use to light a fire.

IMHO its always worth it to try get to a game and take in the atmosphere that way!

You didn't offend anyone

You just showed us how much of a dick you are

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Reckon the 6N will be as popular as ever. Don’t expect there will be too many tickets available.

The French government has accepted the 6N Covid protocols.

https://twitter.com/Jamesonrugby/status/1356519246008877057

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Thats your take on it. Personally I prefer going to the pub to watch a match. Don't have to worry about the weather, easier to get a drink and food or go go to the bathroom (and you don't have some wanker complaining about the fact you are moving during the match) and you can see more of the action. Alweays found the atmosphere to be great as well. I love 6 Nations weekends. Its not going to be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Can we get rid of the "Guinness" in the title thread?

Its making me thirsty
    and sad!

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Can we get rid of the "Guinness" in the title thread?

Its making me thirsty
    and sad!

Throw in "Bass 6 Nation's" instead,
    give it a real 80's depressive feel to match our mood

What about Harp?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Yes because of course every stadium is packed to the brim with people who are courteous, passionate but not to the point of irritating those around them, never go the bathroom, especially not during the game, are seated prior to the anthems and kick off.

As for "clueless punters".... it's also a relief that no game ever has a large cohort of corporate sponsors and alicadoos who only use these occasions for networking. Thankfully the integrity of rugby is such that this never happens

I think you'd want to catch yourself on before judging how other people consume their rugby. Some people like it in the pub.

And the points you make about the pub happen in the stadium too. So get off that high horse yeah?

Peak 80's... in a good way
    Check out the chip and regather by No.8 Spillane

Great article about the '85 Championship and style of rugby Doyle wanted.
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/legends-in-their-own-lifetime--26014093.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Alweays found the atmosphere to be great as well. I love 6 Nations weekends. Its not going to be the same this year.

One of my favourite memories was on an absolutely miserable manky dark February day finding myself in a lovely old bar somewhere that I'm not even sure of, think it might have been Kells. My now wife had to visit somewhere as part of her job, and then decided to book driving lessons afterwards wherever it was and I said I'd tag along and find somewhere to watch the game. The small pub had lovely pints and was super cosy and a nice welcoming clientele and barman.

Yes because of course every stadium is packed to the brim with people who are courteous, passionate but not to the point of irritating those around them, never go the bathroom, especially not during the game, are seated prior to the anthems and kick off.

As for "clueless punters".... it's also a relief that no game ever has a large cohort of corporate sponsors and alicadoos who only use these occasions for networking. Thankfully the integrity of rugby is such that this never happens

I think you'd want to catch yourself on before judging how other people consume their rugby. Some people like it in the pub.

And the points you make about the pub happen in the stadium too. So get off that high horse yeah?

Ha

And you say I'm the one with the chip on my shoulder!

Each to their own - some people can use their corporate connections for tickets and others can access through being paid up members of a local club.

My personal preference is to get to a game, if people want to go to a pub and listen to punters confuse the TMO and VAR all the best to them, Once Johnny gets his hands on the trophy in March (or whenever it finishes this time..) who cares!

Ha

Each to their own - some people can use their corporate connections for tickets and others can access through being paid up members of a local club.

My personal preference is to get to a game, if people want to go to a pub and listen to punters confuse the TMO and VAR all the best to them, Once Johnny gets his hands on the trophy in March (or whenever it finishes this time..) who cares!
    I've been at plenty of games where people around me haven't a clue what's going on and are only there for a jolly. I rarely see similar when I watch in a pub. Maybe I just drink in better pubs though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Ha

Each to their own - some people can use their corporate connections for tickets

God give me strength.

Advertisement