Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,850 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Its snowing here, wet stuff bit lodging.

Same here , am in the kitchen watching it falling , I love snow , something very peaceful and calming watching the landscape in front of you changing by the minute .

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No snow here, but freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Same here , am in the kitchen watching it falling , I love snow , something very peaceful and calming watching the landscape in front of you changing by the minute .

I like how when it's completely snowed over, there's a really cool echo outside.
    And the sense of spacelessness (I know that's not a word!). What I mean is that when you're completely snowed in, it feels like nothing to trek off walking and exploring when you wouldn't dream of walking that far normally.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside watching Predator doing mspaint.....

No snow in around here yet :( I'm hoping to get out in the morning in it! Make snowballs and throw them at myself! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jacket on, coat around legs, the weird ever shifting breeze is fecking cruel. However i am inside, can't help thinking of many who are not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Jacket on, coat around legs, the weird ever shifting breeze is fecking cruel. However i am inside, can't help thinking of many who are not.

So true Grem. We have the luxury of having a roof over our heads compared to others.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Those working out there, even saw photos earlier of folk in Russia protesting over Navalny in -50 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Couchside watching Predator doing mspaint.....

No snow in around here yet :( I'm hoping to get out in the morning in it! Make snowballs and throw them at myself! :D

Predator.....You are one really ugly motherfooker! What a movie. Despite Arnie, I thought Danny Glover in Predator 2 was great!

Snow here and hopefully more as forecast. We ran around the back garden as it fell about an hour ago.:D

A great catch up online earlier with buddies abroad. They are as down as us with restrictions. But from reading a certain fooked up thread on boards, you'd swear it was only happening in Ireland.:D

Couchside by the fire. Blanket/cushions and cuppa at my side. I've been here reading ALL day :)

Grem that was so good to read and think about. Been a bit covid-jaded/cabin-feverish past few days but... Places we could be, places many are: ill/unsafe/cold/horrible environments. Ta... nothing like a wee bit of perspective...

Browsing sharing boxes online. I must say cafes have been so creative with all these lockdowns, remodelling their businesses and providing much needed tasties to the peoples :)

• Advertisement

Amazing indeed Wizard, if i had a business when all this happened i don't think i'd have the stomach to attempt to continue/reinvent

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Predator.....You are one really ugly motherfooker! What a movie. Despite Arnie, I thought Danny Glover in Predator 2 was great!

Watching 2 now :D I do prefer 1 though.. one of the most quotable movies! and the theme tune is epic.

Watching 2 now I do prefer 1 though.. one of the most quotable movies! and the theme tune is epic.

If it bleeds we can kill it... :pac:

Watching 2 now :D I do prefer 1 though.. one of the most quotable movies! and the theme tune is epic.

You are immersed in epic filmmaking Dave. I saw one on VHS, but two in UCI Tallaght in my second year of College. What a time to be around Movies. Terminator 2 and Die Hard 2 around the same time. I want a time machine.:D

I just went for a walk out to the road , that crunch of the fresh snow underfoot . I legged it back in when I heard a car though , pyjamas and a hoodie might have looked odd to others :pac:

I just went for a walk out to the road , that crunch of the fresh snow underfoot . I legged it back in when I heard a car though , pyjamas and a hoodie might have looked odd to others :pac:

Haha brilliant. That's something I do. Some mornings when I'm taking out the ashes tray in my pyjamas, and hear a car, I hide at the side of the house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I wouldn’t have minded you Mam, I was just checking the cameras ;)

Pyjamas and a hoodie will be me tomorrow. More snow forecast overnight for us. It;s great! Gonna have a sandwich of some sort. I have the munchies.:D

Well i think one thing about lockdowns, pyjamas are no longer something to be ashamed of on brief outdoor journeys :)

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You are immersed in epic filmmaking Dave. I saw one on VHS, but two in UCI Tallaght in my second year of College. What a time to be around Movies. Terminator 2 and Die Hard 2 around the same time. I want a time machine.:D

Ah they don't make them like that anymore. Proper violence. I remember the first time I saw the skinned body hanging in the tree in P1, I was in awe! :D:pac:

I am jelly of all you snow dwellers! Poxy living beside the sea... it's just rain here :(

Grem, lockdown or not.... PJs are too much soft cotton for ANYONE, ANYTIME outdoors :D

• Advertisement

Purple Mountain, it's funny isn't it? They probably wouldn't give a feck but we'd be mortified !

Grandeeod , enjoy the snack and the snow tomorrow, I love snow , it's like the sea , it restores your soul imo :)

Grem , my outside excursions in pyjamas would be very short lived !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So I have an adorable, beautiful baby niece. :D:D:D

Witchie wrote: »

WOO HOO!!!

Witchie wrote: »

That's lovely news.

So I have an adorable, beautiful baby niece.

So excited and tipsy it sent twice.

Congratulations Auntie Witchie :)

Ah they don't make them like that anymore. Proper violence. I remember the first time I saw the skinned body hanging in the tree in P1, I was in awe! :D:pac:

I am jelly of all you snow dwellers! Poxy living beside the sea... it's just rain here :(

Grem, lockdown or not.... PJs is too much soft cotton for ANYONE, ANYTIME outdoors :D

I bunked into the Cinema to see Robocop in '87/'88. What a spectacle. Total Recall in ,90 in the Claddagh, Galway is another great memory. As I said a great period in cinema.

Snow still on the ground here and expecting more. A PJ day tomorrow and indoors with the heating up to full tilt!

Great news Witchie , enjoy the celebrations.

• Advertisement

I am jelly of all you snow dwellers! Poxy living beside the sea... it's just rain here

Beside the sea here no aswell Dave. Still hoping it'll deliver.......#firstworldproblems :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement