Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

You'd swear you were pure as the driven snow BB :D

Eh I am, thank you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Is it safe to come back in ?!

I'll protect you ;)

I'll protect you ;)

So will I.

;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Going to sleep shortly I hope

I recently joined a drug addiction support group on facebook, very few people know about my addiction, I want to keep it that way until im ready to tell them. Would people outside the group be able to read my posts, if the group is private?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Going to sleep shortly I hope

I recently joined a drug addiction support group on facebook, very few people know about my addiction, I want to keep it that way until im ready to tell them. Would people outside the group be able to read my posts, if the group is private?

They shouldn't be able to see anything.. Well done you ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks grem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congrats Night Owl :) And no, no one outside of the private group should be able to see what you post, make sure and have your settings set to Private ;)

Who needs protecting from the women in here :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

sitting up in bed

What a week that was, so glad it's Friday :)

quick question about Facebook, if you're a member of a private group, is it true no one can see your posts in the group, unless they join the group?

Yep, as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So about 40 minutes ago I woke with indigestion. I never get it. Jokingly thought I must be having it in sympathy with my pregnant sister and that it was a sign she was in labour.

Checked my phone and she had messaged me about an hour before hand saying she had been having contractions for 2 hours.

Eeeek!!! Am getting my first niece/nephew soon!!! (It's a girl but who knows for sure!) She's not due until Feb 3rd and we had hoped she would hold on until my mum's birthday on Monday but looks like the first new member of my immediate family in 23 years since my youngest was born can't wait that long.

To say am excited is an understatement.

My sister is the reason I am a mum. I was 17 when she was born and couldn't believe it was possible to love another human as much as I loved her. Until then I hadn't wanted kids. She changed my mind and 3 and a half years later I had my first baby. My sons grew up with her more like Thier sister than an aunt. When we went anywhere, she came too.

I feel like am going to burst with joy and there's no one else awake so am annoying you lot with my excitement!

Aww Witchie that's fantastic :D Only delighted for you all, as a bonus your excitement has given me the grins ;) Hope all goes well and that you can see plenty of new baba soon..

• Advertisement

Aww Witchie that's fantastic :D Only delighted for you all, as a bonus your excitement has given me the grins ;) Hope all goes well and that you can see plenty of new baba soon..

Unfortunately she is being born in Edinburgh. My mum and I were meant to go over today to stay for a few weeks then I was going to go back to Malaysia having had fresh baby cuddles but COVID put paid to our plans.

Will just have to dote on her from afar.

Well i hope there is endless facetime as soon as they are able :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

How did I miss all the drunk shenanigans last night.

:eek:

I'm off to track down a few IP addresses. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Witchie, that’s a wonderful thing to hear! So delighted for you! 💕:)

Could be a long day..she still hasn't gone to hospital yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    How did I miss all the drunk shenanigans last night.

:eek:

I'm off to track down a few IP addresses. :pac:

I'll give you my one for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'll give you my one for free!

Need to keep an eye on you.

Adds to list.

Eyeing the clock here, work is important, bed is importanter

Congrats witchie! Exciting news, I hope you do get over soon.

My niece & nephew are my most favourite two small people in the world. Amazing. Just cannot see them at the moment as much as I would like :(

Electric blanket. Ooh yeah snuggles and sleep I hope..

• Advertisement

10k walk this morning, out the gaff before 8am to get a jump on the horde. Up to the park and a figure eight of the forest trail. Didn't meet a sinner for the first hour. Crunch of frost underfoot and birdsong ringing through the trees. Bliss. Weekly shop on the way home, high time to kick back with cuppa scald & newspaper. Lyric supplying the soundtrack, no Covids will interrupt my morning serenity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

10k walk this morning, out the gaff before 8am to get a jump on the horde. Up to the park and a figure eight of the forest trail. Didn't meet a sinner for the first hour. Crunch of frost underfoot and birdsong ringing through the trees. Bliss. Weekly shop on the way home, high time to kick back with a cuppa scald & newspaper. Lyric supplying the soundtrack, no Covids will interrupt my morning serenity.

Beautiful. :)

Awww Witchie, that's great news. What a lovely post to see this morning. Your happiness is infectious, it has me in great form!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Yippee just did my 50th COVID TEST. With that and watching Patriot missiles launching into the sky, its an eventful day so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭thomil

Patriot Launch? :eek: Are things kicking off in your neck of the woods again? Stay safe.

Tableside, just finishing a late breakfast. Outside looks like a frozen winter wonderland, even without snow...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Autosport wrote: »
    Congrats Night Owl :) And no, no one outside of the private group should be able to see what you post, make sure and have your settings set to Private ;)

Who needs protecting from the women in here :D

:D
    Samsgirl wrote: »
    Yep, as far as I know

Thanks guys, have been doing so for a year now, need support on stopping as its impacting on my health and making me do things without thinking. I never thought id be addicted to something but it can happen to anyone. Will change a few of my facebook settings

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Heading out for a small top up shop. Then home to crank up the heat. Nice food and drink is the plan for the icy cold weekend.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Heading out for a small top up shop. Then home to crank up the heat. Nice food and drink is the plan for the icy cold weekend.

Bring us back a surprise G!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Afternoon all,
    Couchside with a coffee, doing a bit of work that was went undone last week and then starting on the beers:) should be another hour. No intention of moving anywhere today, just stay warm and relaxed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Congratulations Witchie :) Great news to hear in these times :)

Cold and sunny day here, 5km walk done and to relax :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement