Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Nothing behind me but they had to make a dart for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Diemos wrote: »

But I have to take exception to HGV's pulling in and letting people by, I have never seen that happen in all my years of driving. I've seen the occasional tractor pull in but even they like to just plod along regardless of the tail behind them.

i find if you sit behind a HGV , not too close , and hang there where they see you but you are not banging back and forth trying to pass , they will usually pull in when they can and its clear .

if you stay close buzzing them up they wont bother , and probably enjoy your frustration , im sure you have to get your fun where you can driving them all day.

but as i said , some just want to watch the world burn ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

i find if you sit behind a HGV , not too close , and hang there where they see you but you are not banging back and forth trying to pass , they will usually pull in when they can and its clear .

if you stay close buzzing them up they wont bother , and probably enjoy your frustration , im sure you have to get your fun where you can driving them all day.

but as i said , some just want to watch the world burn ..

indeed, if a person has never seen a truck pull over for them, there must be a reason for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Isambard wrote: »
    indeed, if a person has never seen a truck pull over for them, there must be a reason for that.
    I think Diemos means pulling in on a narrow road road,
    as opposed to just pulling over onto a hard shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭bladespin

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ^

Its either

- Somebody left a gate open and they drove onto a open track. Happens more than you think but Marshalls such be at each gate

- They opened a gate and drove on a open track

Either way its extremely dangerous, a single seater hitting a SUV at speed is about as bad as it gets

I have seen worse (nearly) Kells races a few years back, an Audi barged past marshals onto the track during a live practice - was a miracle no-one was killed (especially the driver)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

bladespin wrote: »
    I have seen worse (nearly) Kells races a few years back, an Audi barged past marshals onto the track during a live practice - was a miracle no-one was killed (especially the driver)

How deep a bog were the Audi keys dropped into after the driver was stopped?

seagull wrote: »
    How deep a bog were the Audi keys dropped into after the driver was stopped?

Refused to get out of the car, even after the gardai came, the cop din NOT look impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

1st clip is pretty funny when you read the sign on the back of the truck:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

The idiot who decides to turn his van into a boat. You could see that stream was pretty deep and fast. I'd be thinking twice about taking it on in a fully kitted out 4x4, and probably opting against.

• Advertisement

And the same idiot submits the video to a dashcam channel for everyone to see :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

the van boat was magical

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I wonder why the van didn't use the bridge, the way he set's up the phone on the dash makes me think he was doing it to make a cool video as he fords the stream!

liamog wrote: »
    I wonder why the van didn't use the bridge, the way he set's up the phone on the dash makes me think he was doing it to make a cool video as he fords the stream!
    My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

liamog wrote: »

I would suspect it's a bridge for walkers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Nothing behind me but they had to make a dart for it...

Is that in the Glencree area heading back Enniskerry direction from the Sally Gap? Used to love flying it home back to Bray on the bike downhill all the way from the Gap along there but you used to meet some real arseholes there too, theres more people driving on the wrong side of the road there than anywhere else Ive ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭chooseusername

I like where the mobile lane closure truck was positioned

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've never seen vans that or any size on a transporter top deck like that!!

I'm guessing a capsize due to a strong gust!!

I like where the mobile lane closure truck was positioned

There were incident trucks etc a fair bit back just didn't want a very long vid etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Can you feel for the food delivery lads at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Can you feel for the food delivery lads at all?

What's the issue? I see a green light for both, if you want to turn across him expedite the turn.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I feel for the deliveroo rider, looks like the cam car tried to cut him off in his straight ahead lane.

I think they're on strike tomorrow so he'll have to find another excuse for slowing thru traffic on the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

donvito99 wrote: »
    What's the issue? I see a green light for both, if you want to turn across him expedite the turn.

SEE NOTE 11

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/downloads/ci%20ride%20leader%20-%20guide%20to%20cycling%20on%20the%20road.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

No idea what's wrong there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

What's your point as it has zero bearing on that clip.

The clip is a non issue created by someone that thought they caught a deliveroo driver doing something terrible :eek:. I'm also well aware that some deliveroo drivers are an absolute disaster with zero fecks given, same could be said for those bicycle tuck tuck drivers and god forbid some motorists.

Had a pedestrian walked out there you can be sure that clip wouldn't have gotten any air time. :rolleyes:

Note 11?
    11.Cyclists should always apply a “leave no trace” ethos when
    cycling and should keep any food wrappers, gel packaging or
    empty bottles etc. until they can be disposed of.

If he's abeam your car he has the right of way. Accelerate and make the turn otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

wonski wrote: »
    No idea what's wrong there...

He wanted to cut off another vehicle and cross an active lane of traffic to make a turn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

DaveyDave wrote: »
    He wanted to cut off another vehicle and cross an active lane of traffic to make a turn?

Well he didn't.

I meant I have no idea what's wrong with cyclist there ;)

Advertisement