Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I (and the car in front) had a close-ish one today :eek:

What are you doing crossing over the white line, no wonder the tree jumped out at you to point out the error of your ways /s

but on a serious note, that's some excellent reaction speed to avoid the tree!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Y'know the way in loads of dash cam videos you can tell what's coming? This was not one of those times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Y'know the way in loads of dash cam videos you can tell what's coming? This was not one of those times.

Yeah, was 100% waiting for a car to appear on the other side of the road doing a silly overtake of the camera car or something.

then you watch the video again from the start in full screen, and you can see the tree slowly tipping over!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I (and the car in front) had a close-ish one today :eek:

I actually drove passed there this morning. Offaly area if I'm right. It was some size of tree :eek: looks to be half cleared but still propped up by ESB lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

That's correct yea.

I was tempted to go back for a gawk but I don't have an essential journey there today :)

I've seen a speed van there often too....maybe I should send them the video :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,166 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think that Auris driver should buy some Euro Millions lottery tickets because they are certainly in the lucky zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I'd say more like not bother ever again buying a lotto ticket, because they've used up all their luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

feckin trees , and they dont pay road tax the b@stards

A boring compilation from the last few weeks!!!

Not nearly as exciting as that tree falling down!!

Using the opposite pavement to overtake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Wrong lane and no indicator.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Is that an unmarked Garda car?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Maybe. Do they come with indicators?

I’ve been seeing a lot (a lot) of unmarked dark i40’s lately....

I doubt it they're all usually new enough. Those i40s are popular rep mobiles that also love removing the plate surrounds to give it the garda look because ya know, they own the roads. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Not arsed pulling the clip but last night on the N3 inbound some knob in an Audi decided to stop and reverse because he saw blue lights on the bridge for the city centre route. He then went onto the M50 southbound. It wasn't a checkpoint, there was a crash and the lights he saw was a Garda car making sure people slowed down.

Here's a new Australian compilation though:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The i40 is a 12 plate so ain't Garda as they came in 2014, only a few i40 some with alloys but after 2015 they all have steel wheels, there are a few special units with alloys and since the Kona and Tucson are the new i30 and i40 these come with alloys. Which the i30 had in 2014 but didn't after some in 2015 too.

You will notice some units now have Garda in blue letters, these aren't the rental cars, but they have kept some rentals as people will see.

There are a few 2019 Tucson top sec which were the rentals and have the fancy rear exhaust unlike the rest in most cases.

There are s few unmarked i40 that have now got low visible marking on the sides with Garda on it. I believe these might be reflective but not sure as haven't seen at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Quick addition to speedy Gonzales jumping the lights - he passed the van behind too, to ensure he'd get through.

Rear view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

Discussion was exhausted*

• Advertisement

^^ Playback error.. is the code pasted correctly?

LRNM wrote: »
    Pretty boring video but I encountered 2 nutjobs today.
    Cruise control is at 120km/h in this video.

There's a jeep/trailer ahead. Toyota in front of me + myself see it. Toyota indicates to overtake as some company car doing about 140 comes behind which I spot so wait till it passes.

Company car gets pissy and starts swerving left to right and flashing lights.

I slow to about 115 and hold it there.
    Both get ahead of trailer and continue happy days.

I hit 125 on CC and go to overtake toyota and while I'm doing that big billy bollocks in his 141 Audi comes up behind me about 140 and is bumper to bumper. Flashing lights and making hand gestures. I reduce CC to 120 because fúck you now if you think I'm going to speed up to suit you.

He's literally inches away from my bumper. The entire time.

I continue overtake of slow moving VW. Audi guy is going mental.

All of a sudden VW see's whats going on and decides to join after I complete the over take.
    Floors it past me and gives me the finger turning to look behind him.

Then slows right down in front of back to about 105. :confused:

Don't care about VW guy. But company car and Audi driver need to cop on.

Call Traffic watch or would you be bothered?

Just the bits after v= :)

Also confused it was a BMW that went passed as you pulled over and an Audi that you passed just before. Where was the VW :confused:

50j340.jpg

50j340.jpg

Sorry. Audi is end guy. (looked like a VW at the time wasnt really looking) BMW is dude behind me going mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Toyota pulled out way too soon, carvan would have passed him and been on his way had he stayed in lane 1.
    No one covered themselves in glory in that video

Isambard wrote: »
    Toyota pulled out way too soon, carvan would have passed him and been on his way had he stayed in lane 1.
    No one covered themselves in glory in that video

Yeah he did but all in all his overtake took about 30 seconds at 115km/h. Not end of the world. No need for aggression from SISK driver or Audi dude who took it out on me and insisted on driving up my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭McCrack

Pretty boring video but I encountered 2 nutjobs today.
    Cruise control is at 120km/h in this video.

There's a jeep/trailer ahead. Toyota in front of me + myself see it. Toyota indicates to overtake as some company car doing about 140 comes behind which I spot so wait till it passes.

Company car gets pissy and starts swerving left to right and flashing lights.

I slow to about 115 and hold it there.
    Both get ahead of trailer and continue happy days.

I hit 125 on CC and go to overtake toyota and while I'm doing that big billy bollocks in his 141 BMW comes up behind me about 140 and is bumper to bumper. Flashing lights and making hand gestures. I reduce CC to 120 because fúck you now if you think I'm going to speed up to suit you.

He's literally inches away from my bumper. The entire time.

I continue overtake of slow moving audi. BMW guy is going mental.

All of a sudden audi see's whats going on and decides to join after I complete the over take.
    Floors it past me and gives me the finger turning to look behind him.

Then slows right down in front of back to about 105. :confused:

Don't care about audi guy. But company car an BMW driver need to cop on.

Call Traffic watch or would you be bothered?

You and the other driver moved into the overtaking lane too soon, the car in front then holds up the car completely unnecessarily

I dont know about the BMW - maybe you pulled out too soon as well and failed to move over when you could

Your job on the motorway is to get around slower moving traffic efficiently and with consideration for faster moving traffic and avoid intentionally pissing other drivers off by slowing down in the overtaking lane etc

McCrack wrote: »
    You and the other driver moved into the overtaking lane too soon, the car in front then holds up the car completely unnecessarily

I dont know about the BMW - maybe you pulled out too soon as well

Your job on the motorway is to get around slower moving traffic efficiently and with consideration for faster moving traffic and avoid intentionally pissing other drivers off by slowing down in the overtaking lane etc

Just to clarify.
    There was no other car behind me when I moved into overtaking lane.

BMW arrived on scene as I was passing toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭McCrack

Just to clarify.
    There was no other car behind me when I moved into overtaking lane.

BMW arrived on scene as I was passing toyota.

When you passed the toyota why did you not move back left and out of the overtaking lane to let the BMW pass you?

• Advertisement

McCrack wrote: »
    When you passed the toyota why did you not move back left and out of the overtaking lane to let the BMW pass you?

Just a judgement at the time gauging his speed. There was about 2.5 artic lorry lengths between us. I would have had to swerve in and then brake and then move back out immediately to make it work and I didn't think it was the safest option.

Alternatively I could have speed up to 130+ to make the bully in BMW happy and complete the overtake maneuver in 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds.

In nearly every case I'd have put the boot down tbf but when you have himself behind me I said he can wait the extra second rather than get a potential speeding ticket and encourage bad driving.

Advertisement