Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman stabbed near IFSC

Options
  • 21-01-2021 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

A woman was stabbed in the neck near IFSC as she walked home from work.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/woman-stabbed-neck-horror-mugging-23358963

If we have anti-terrorist police and police operations everywhere targeting terrorist attacks, why don't we have anti-welfare class police to protect the rest of us from this group of people? And everything that comes from that, informants, surveillance etc so we can put these people behind bars where they belong. IFSC should have a security camera on every corner but it doesn't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Because something something foreigners are bad

Knives are bad.

Very bad, it says stabbed in the neck in a serious condition. Is this freak still at large?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

So, nobody cares that a woman was attacked, it's about the identity politics of who did it that mattered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

The usual suspects won't be interested in this one. No one in here demanding the police release a suspect description. No one discussion the IQ of various races. No one excoriating the media for not having it as the first news item today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

But seriously, just look at how knife crime is out of control in London. We could have learned from the UK but we didn't and now it's just a matter of time before we have similar issues.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

JCX BXC wrote: »
    So, nobody cares that a woman was attacked, it's about the identity politics of who did it that mattered?

The first thing I thought was, this is horrific, hope she is ok,
    not who she is, I am wondering what kind of subhuman scum would do this, my default was it was just some scummy scumbag, but I dont know.
    I still think it matters who and what their background is,
    thought go out to the woman, regardless of who and what her background is, horrific thing to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I do hope she pulls through.

I'm not surprised with the dregs of society in the city, Dublin is a cess pool.

Should be regular patrols on foot or better bike.

Going by fast in a car isn't much use if you see one at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

The usual suspects won't be interested in this one. No one in here demanding the police release a suspect description. No one discussion the IQ of various races. No one excoriating the media for not having it as the first news item today.

Again.

We can't do anything about native born junkbags. They were born here, to family residing here since God was a boy.

There is a different expectation of behavior when a 16 year old blud is running around Blanch committing robberies then going home to his 350K semi that the state provides his unemployable mother for 30 quid a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Hope the scum are caught. Same area that deliveroo guy got killed by the teenager in a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Maybe someone will organise a vigil for him, seems to be the thing to do for people attacking others with knives these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I hope she pulls through and has no lasting physical issues (the psychological scars will last for years).

Garda should have stop-and-frisk powers. I assume now this robber was a known criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Lawless Ireland !! When they’re caught it will be a slap on the wrist and then a news article telling us how well they’re engaging with the probation service. Victims life will probably be ruined but who cares right ?. Round and round we go on this lovely little Island !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

17 of the first 29 posts in this thread have been deleted for being completely off topic so honestly I am dubious about reopening the thread at all considering it was off to a bad start in post #1.

A woman was stabbed in the neck and the thread was derailed immediately by ridiculous terrorism and race whataboutery which was not mentioned anywhere in the article and is irrelevant to the discussion. Any more of this will mean cards and bans.

Discuss the issue as it has been reported on or don't bother posting.

This has been reported on by several news outlets, with the independent giving the most detail imo

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/woman-very-lucky-to-be-alive-after-being-stabbed-in-neck-during-armed-robbery-in-city-centre-39995002.html
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/woman-stabbed-neck-ifsc-mugging-19670631
    https://www.thejournal.ie/clarion-quay-dublin-5331432-Jan2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Absolute dive of an area. The IFSC is a facade for that sits amongst some very real social problems.

Plenty of scrotes about. This is not one bit surprising.

Absolute dive of an area. The IFSC is a facade for that sits amongst some very real social problems.

Some very ropey specimens boarding the luas between The Point and Abbey St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

And probably not a guard to be seen !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Valresnick wrote: »
    And probably not a guard to be seen !

I've just been down that way.

Plenty of guards about..... Oh wait, the Dáil is sitting in the Convention centre, that's why.

Probably not last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,554 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

No real consequences in the country for any level of crime.

Are the problems in the IFSC (I know there are apartments there) or what's around it?

Wasnt there a video of a group of scrotes fighting in the street in that area recently where one lad gets a hatchet stuck in his skull?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

Imagine paying a quarter of your income to rent in Dublin?

Glad I live in the countryside.

Someone might have reasons, limited options, the problem on the other hand is lawlessness everywhere in this country,

I dont think just prison is the solution, needs to be prison and rehab,
    At some point, dangerous people need to be locked up, either rehabilitate, reform or remain locked up for the duration of sentence.

So, 10-22-100, or however many multiple convictions, attendances at court, concurrent sentencing (why?), sentences reduced by being set from the time of arrest or something? basically it appears if it takes 2 years to bring a case and a person gets 2 years, that appears to be it or very similar, early releases,
    I'd say we need 2 new prisons in the country, build and run them, transfer all prisoners there from Mountjoy, overhaul that and just keep locking scum up for crimes instead of reduced sentences and early release, keep them off the streets/away from society where they can commit crimes against law abiding people.

• Advertisement

Are the problems in the IFSC (I know there are apartments there) or what's around it?
    Sheriff Street nearby has been a mecca for "salt of the earth" types for a hundred years +

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Last time I walked down that way I seen two junkies being held down by two security guards after attempting to rob the Spar.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Sheriff Street nearby has been a mecca for "salt of the earth" types for a hundred years +

I thought the area has been in the process of being "gentrified" and redeveloped for years?

Or have they just not gotten to the real problem spots yet.

FWIW I see plenty of stories from years a go about how the area use to be far worse than it is now. How the guards would never go in there etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

vicious assaults on the streets of dublin have been going on since the days of the Vikings - and the area around the IFSC has been a problem area since the days of Monto.

I went to school not far from there in the late 80s / early 90s and even then you wouldn't walk those streets on your own

Is there a capital city in the western world where random violence isn't a problem ? to be clear - the knife crime problem in dublin isn't anywhere near levels of that in London.

This was it in 1991? Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Independent
    Senior sources say that the thug demanded money from the woman who is an office cleaner and originally from Asia.

However he then stabbed her in the neck without warning in an incident that caused huge blood loss.

The male then cycled from the scene towards the Quays without obtaining any money from his victim.

Despite the horrific nature of her injuries, the woman remained conscious and was able to call emergency services from her mobile phone.

Gardai and ambulance personnel were quickly on the scene and she was rushed to the Mater Hospital where she underwent life saving surgery late last night.
    This ****er should be charged with attempted murder and suspected hate crime..

If he cycled towards the quays then plenty of cameras must have picked him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

This was it in 1991? Jaysus.

It was ****ing grim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Fairly normal day round the city, it won't make that many headlines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That poor woman, hope she makes a full recovery :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement