Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,324 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I always tend to 'check' on the people who comment on the LLS, and praise Ryan.

Many of them are in the media industry.

They don't risk upsetting the status quo, in case they don't get hired at the National Broadcaster.

When it's a younger person they do seem to have some link to the industry.

A lot of the GAA lads find him an absolute bore and just want to flog their book with him in my experience. They often like the Tweets slagging him.

The women I mention are the one's who share inspirational quotes, fake competitions, posts about missing dogs in Canada, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

A lot of the GAA lads find him an absolute bore and just want to flog their book with him in my experience. They often like the Tweets slagging him.

The women I mention are the one's who share inspirational quotes, fake competitions, posts about missing dogs in Canada, etc.

Ahaaaaa it’s me the toy man

I always tend to 'check' on the people who comment on the LLS, and praise Ryan.

Many of them are in the media industry.

They don't risk upsetting the status quo, in case they don't get hired at the National Broadcaster.

Now it starts to make sense. I wonder what's the story with the adoring audiences, do they kidnap their families and threaten their lives unless they are suitably clapping and laughing energetically?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Now it starts to make sense. I wonder what's the story with the adoring audiences, do they kidnap their families and threaten their lives unless they are suitably clapping and laughing energetically?

RTe's a bit like North Korea, tbqh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,324 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not trying to cause offence to offence to anybody but I think it's one of the changes some women experience when going through the change is they start liking Ryan.

• Advertisement

Not trying to cause offence to offence to anybody but I think it's one of the changes some women experience when going through the change is they start liking Ryan.

Don't look at him... Don't look at him... ;)

Ooof.... we're gonna lose our liquor license after that comment. :D

Jesus, can you imagine... 'Right ladies, the first warning sign of the menopause is you'll start liking Ryan Tubridy'...

Probably explains the rising levels of incidents of suicide in older women.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hozier, a bloody tool! I just can't stand him. RTE have a ready made replacement for Bono as he's practically a younger version of him and over the years will be despised by many I'm sure. We'll only ever hear of him a couple of times during the year, whenever there's money to be raised on the late late show and of course, new years eve. Oh and Imelda May, another twit in the same mould.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭DenMan

Bradley Walsh

I like him a lot. He's brilliant as Graham from Doctor Who.

DenMan wrote: »
    Hozier, a bloody tool! I just can't stand him. RTE have a ready made replacement for Bono as he's practically a younger version of him and over the years will be despised by many I'm sure. We'll only ever hear of him a couple of times during the year, whenever there's money to be raised on the late late show and of course, new years eve. Oh and Imelda May, another twit in the same mould.

Used to hate Imelda May.

Then she changed her hairstyle, changed her style, and suddenly she was fit... (That was a confusing day for me, for sure).

But Hozier is a prat. May rarely touches on politics, Hozier practically bathes in it.

I like him a lot. He's brilliant as Graham from Doctor Who.

He is apparently very popular in the UK. I have had limited exposure to him but and my superficial view is that he is a smarmy cockney cheepy chappy in the Jim Davidson mould. Similar to Shane Richie, another one I love to hate.

• Advertisement

He is apparently very popular in the UK. I have had limited exposure to him but and my superficial view is that he is a smarmy cockney cheepy chappy in the Jim Davidson mould. Similar to Shane Richie, another one I love to hate.

Funny thing about Walsh and Richie-both of em dated a Nolan sister. And both of them cheated on a Nolan sister.

I think Richie just burned too many bridges. Walsh is said to be one of the nicer guys out there.
    But there's something about him. Even if I can tolerate him, I wouldn't want to be in a room with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You can stop stalking me now :D

Another I can’t stand is Hozier, He just likes to Moan and complain and it just gets rather tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Ricky Gervais.

C*nt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Justin Theroux. Gives of “too cool for you” vibes.

Ronan Keating, what an obnoxious git. I read he wants to meet Boris Johnson in a park to discuss the UK's government's actions that are affecting the arts, with music in particular.

I think disliking Ronan Keating is totally explicable. :D Totally not suitable for this thread. He’s a twerp, it’s obvious.

Used to hate Imelda May.

Then she changed her hairstyle, changed her style, and suddenly she was fit... (That was a confusing day for me, for sure).

But Hozier is a prat. May rarely touches on politics, Hozier practically bathes in it.

My husband experienced same.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Recliner

Autosport wrote: »
    You can stop stalking me now :D

Another I can’t stand is Hozier, He just likes to Moan and complain and it just gets rather tiresome.

Hozier, also known as Moany Hole in my house.

My husband experienced same.

It was the movie/ TV equivalent of 'girl/ woman takes off glasses, suddenly is hot'.

And I'm not saying Imelda was ugly beforehand, but yeah... 'twas surprising.

There've been other examples where I was like 'Oh damn... she's fine'.

The guy on the Tommy Tiernan interview show who opens the curtain.

Can't even remember his name tbh.

glasso wrote: »
    The guy on the Tommy Tiernan interview show who opens the curtain.

Can't even remember his name tbh.

Fred Cooke...

And if you think he's bad, his other half is FAR worse... insufferably worse.

• Advertisement

It was the movie/ TV equivalent of 'girl/ woman takes off glasses, suddenly is hot'.

And I'm not saying Imelda was ugly beforehand, but yeah... 'twas surprising.

There've been other examples where I was like 'Oh damn... she's fine'.

Well, I don’t know about you but my husband hates too much make up and an overstyled look. So even if a woman is good-looking, he finds it a turn off. It’s like he can’t see the woman when she’s caked in make up. He can only see the make up. (he was really freaked out by my heavy bridesmaid make up at my sister’s wedding) So when he saw Imelda with all that stuff scraped off her face and the way more natural hair, he genuinely did a double take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Tadhg Fleming. The whole family really.

Awh I like his video's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

If you wake at some ungodly hour and the telly is on this Muppet could be waffling away. Anthony Sullivan infomercial presenter.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/6sCwg1HsdkyDgcf79

Aaaggghhh stick it where the sun don't shine

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I used to like Imelda but that cringy anger poetry thing she did on the Late Late still haunts me.

I used to like Imelda but that cringy anger poetry thing she did on the Late Late still haunts me.

She'd wreck your head after any more than 10 minutes I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

It’s the fringe, she and Norma Foley would knashawl grand together.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Cerveza wrote: »
    It’s the fringe, she and Norma Foley would knashawl grand together.

It might be actually, doing that same squinty rhing Claudia Wikleman does, instead of just cutting the bloody thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

It might be actually, doing that same squinty rhing Claudia Wikleman does, instead of just cutting the bloody thing.

The squinty thing is a green light for the derrière movement of goods.

Well, I don’t know about you but my husband hates too much make up and an overstyled look. So even if a woman is good-looking, he finds it a turn off. It’s like he can’t see the woman when she’s caked in make up. He can only see the make up. (he was really freaked out by my heavy bridesmaid make up at my sister’s wedding) So when he saw Imelda with all that stuff scraped off her face and the way more natural hair, he genuinely did a double take.

Sort of similar. I've met many a beautiful woman who's love of the makeup genuinely puts me off.
    I've no hatred for a little, but the one's who over do it make me sad.
    It's like they can't see their own beauty. (Knew an Italian Girl who did the barest make-up. She was Emo, but would often go bare, make-up wise. Always found her stunning).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

The hairy bikers.

Advertisement