Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had roast chicken with mash & veg.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Smoked coley with tenderstem broccoli (lemon juice and pecorino) and couscous (olives and sun-dried tomatoes).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Yesterdays dinner. Roast beef, carrot and parsnip in a honey and mustard glaze, garden peas and roast potatoes. Some gravy available for the beef, but only Bisto's best.:D It was all very tasty and ordinary. Sometimes you just need a dinner like this.

IMG-20210117-172948.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I made fish "pie" for the first time yesterday. It wasn't half bad, and I've never been particularly fond of fish!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rack of lamb, wilted spinach and roasties

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Outside food time.

Beyond Burger sliced in two and cooked with smoked vegan cheese in the middle w/ pink garlic mayo, chipotle salsa, shredded lettuce and a masseeev onion ring

dCcUykol.jpg

Kimchi Bomb fries loaded w/ lime drizzle, coriander, sriracha , two types of vegan cheese, mashed avocado & sesame seeds

qh0aGxOl.jpg

Some doughnuts! Rolling Donut: Ferrero Roche, Raspberry Jam and Vanilla Pistachio. From Hot Donut: Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter and Lemon Cream

Tu8wF0Ml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Outside food time.

Please stop posting these pictures, I have such food envy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Tonight is salmon fishcakes with homemade chilli sauce, noodles and veg.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Home made pizza in the pizza oven. Apart from the tomato sauce and mozzarella, these were topped with leftover meatballs, ham, chilli, mushrooms and garlic. Bit of parmesan and black pepper after. Scrumptious.

IMG-20210119-180409480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

A Supermacs grilled chicken sandwich for me.
    Just could not be arsed tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭raclle

That pizza looks unreal

Had stuffed turkey, roasties, veg and bit of gravy washed down with a pint of Guinness

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Omg it's food heaven in here this week :)

We had meatballs, bubble & squeak and onion gravy tonight.

20210119-183924.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

8fpcE9uw_o.jpg

Chicken in white wine sauce. One of my all time favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I made chicken traybake with baby potatoes and roasted veg.

It was lovely.Just as well i made enough for tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭raclle

Omg it's food heaven in here this week
    Its beginning to feel like master chef :D

I must be the one thats on standby with my supermacs :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I must be the one thats on standby with my supermacs :D

Not at all. No shortage of takeaway love in this thread!

raclle wrote: »
    Its beginning to feel like master chef :D

Oh don't worry, it'll be egg and chips before the week is over :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

And post a pic of it! My Dad's fave. My wife's fave. I hate it, but make it often. Mrs G loves it with baked beans and bread and butter.:eek:

Not at all. No shortage of takeaway love in this thread!

Oh sure i know, but its definitely not getting me first pick on masterchef :pac:
    Although Greg might like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Chili. Threw in some chocolate myself :pac:

IMG-20210119-204302-375.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Wasn’t far off it tonight! I had a hodgepodge omelette, i.e. what was in the fridge, chorizo, cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic, frozen peas, cheese. Served with wedges and salad. Looked like a dogs dinner but it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

We had Nigella's crab mac 'n' cheese the other night - delicious but super rich, couldn't finish my plate.

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

All these pictures of coriander are making me shudder. :D

The devil's herb!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Haha yeah that's what my girlfriend calls it, as she has that gene that makes it taste like soap, which must be horrendous because anything that has a hint of it she has to spit out. Do you have it or just don't like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Chile and Beef Brocelli Stir fry with added garlic, 10 mins cooking, was nom !
    bbrocelli.jpg

This Chile grinder gives everything a lovely kick too
    Chilli.jpg
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Haha yeah that's what my girlfriend calls it, as she has that gene that makes it taste like soap, which must be horrendous because anything that has a hint of it she has to spit out. Do you have it or just don't like it?

It does, well for me anyway, smell like soap. Until it’s added to cooked food. You can never have too much coriander IMHO. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Space Dog wrote: »
    We had Nigella's crab mac 'n' cheese the other night - delicious but super rich, couldn't finish my plate.

Thats Conchiglie n Cheese! No wonder you were full.

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Tastes like soap to me. I can tell instantly if there is coriander in any dish because it's all I can taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Don't open up that can of worms again!

Advertisement