Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

One of the kiddos has eaten all the King :D

Packet of Frazzles instead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

One of the kiddos has eaten all the King :D

Packet of Frazzled instead

haha :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Looking at the mange tout in Row's dinner reminds me of something.

One of my sisters and myself were bringing my niece and nephew out for food, I said I would order but she was like no, I will do it.

She ordered gun johns for the kids and some curry and mangey tooth for herself.
    She never lived it down, it went on for years the slagging. Hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Raspberry and apple Danish courtesy of Aldi. It was the size of a saucer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Seared venison, red, green and yellow peppers, chestnut and baby mushrooms, garlic, ginger, carrot, red onion, beef stock and a glug of red wine cooking away in the oven covered in tinfoil. Probably do a bit of mash with it. I'm starving thinking about it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Didn't bother with the mash afterwards, went old school.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Didn't bother with the mash afterwards, went old school.

Sorry RG but I'd have to get a few spuds into me with that and the bread!

Basic night here. A chicken fillet bun burger and fries for Ms G and a steak bun burger and fries for Mrs G.The great thing is both can be cooked in the oven on the same time, 30 odd minutes. Aldi was good to us today. Apart from the fab Danish pastries earlier, mini cheese cake tubs were consumed by the girls for dessert. Mine still awaits for after my din dins. As for my meal, I'm trying out this new "Chicken with Attitude" brand. Got a bag of their spicy Goujons today and I will have a few of them with fries and the new Chef chip shop curry sauce from a bottle. God bless Paul McGrath.:D It's really good stuff and very handy.

It's Monday. Not up early for work as not much exists, but up to get the online classes started with Ms G. So yep, I'm having a Rockshore or two for the craic.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Sorry RG but I'd have to get a few spuds into me with that and the bread!

Basic night here. A chicken fillet bun burger and fries for Ms G and a steak bun burger and fries for Mrs G.The great thing is both can be cooked in the oven on the same time, 30 odd minutes. Aldi was good to us today. Apart from the fab Danish pastries earlier, mini cheese cake tubs were consumed by the girls for dessert. Mine still awaits for after my din dins. As for my meal, I'm trying out this new "Chicken with Attitude" brand. Got a bag of their spicy Goujons today and I will have a few of them with fries and the new Chef chip shop curry sauce from a bottle. God bless Paul McGrath.:D It's really good stuff and very handy.

It's Monday. Not up early for work as not much exists, but up to get the online classes started with Ms G. So yep, I'm having a Rockshore or two for the craic.

Amen to that!

His autobiography "Back from the brink" was the best book I ever read in my life.

Enjoy the few beers man.

earlier had my green veg smoothie,this evening i had pasta with chicken and one potato in a tomato sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lasagne and prawn crackers :)

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    earlier had my green veg smoothie,this evening i had pasta with chicken and one potato in a tomato sauce.

Keep it up Bassy and keep posting those meals. Feckin hell loads of us should be trying them. Believe it or not my fave low cal meal back in the day was ham, mash and cabbage. I was working on the Weight Watchers points plan and that particular one was a winner for me as I was really full after it. Oh and Bovril is great, but I think you already know that.:D

Amen to that!

His autobiography "Back from the brink" was the best book I ever read in my life.

Enjoy the few beers man.

A sad read in lots of parts, particularly the orphanage. Great to see him getting to be the face of a simple product that is my kinda sauce. I was in Dalymount the night he made his Ireland debut. Mad scenes against the Italians.:D An absolute legend. Keeping OT, another slug of Rockshore.:D

Keep it up Bassy and keep posting those meals. Feckin hell loads of us should be trying them. Believe it or not my fave low cal meal back in the day was ham, mash and cabbage. I was working on the Weight Watchers points plan and that particular one was a winner for me as I was really full after it. Oh and Bovril is great, but I think you already know that.:D

fella told me to keep potatos out of your diet,now im no expert in all this diet stuff and he said watch the sauces to particuraly the spicey or hot sauces.

im no expert at all,so would like views or opinion from any one who would know a lot more than me on what stuff to really avoid.

ah the bovril :) not had any today,actually forgot about it till you mentioned it :D

fella told me to keep potatos out of your diet,now im no expert in all this diet stuff and he said watch the sauces to particuraly the spicey or hot sauces.

im no expert at all,so would like views or opinion from any one who would know a lot more than me on what stuff to really avoid.

ah the bovril :) not had any today,actually forgot about it till you mentioned it :D

Its all very simple Bassy. Eat less calories and exercise. Avoid full fat dairy, sweets and takeaway. Spuds are harmless and whoever said that to you is on a zero carbs buzz. Keep the rice along with the spuds but in moderation. Reduce the portion sizes. But I do agree that sauces can be dubious. I learned how to enjoy dinners without them. I stuck rigidly to the diet and after a couple of months I could enjoy a carvery dinner once a week with an apple tart and cream dessert without any guilt or effect.

I was 17 stone and got down to 13 stone in 9 months. But I was using the then Weight Watchers programme without buying their crap food. Count the calories and exercise at least 5 days a week. If you want to enjoy a beer at the weekend count it into the calorie intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

A sad read in lots of parts, particularly the orphanage. Great to see him getting to be the face of a simple product that is my kinda sauce. I was in Dalymount the night he made his Ireland debut. Mad scenes against the Italians.:D An absolute legend. Keeping OT, another slug of Rockshore.:D

My dad did several stints in St. Pat's over the years battling the booze and at one stage was on the same ward as ooh ah Paul McGrath..said ooh ah Paul MaGrath (sorry, I couldn't resist!). He said he was a gentleman and very warm and open. He sat in a circle and bared his soul with all the other men and didn't expect any special treatment. God bless him, hope he stays on the wagon.

On topic, there's not much I'm not eating these days...seem to cave to every whim. Munching a crisp sandwich as I browse just eat and watch Masterchef. Food has become my entire world :)

Porklife wrote: »
    My dad did several stints in St. Pat's over the years battling the booze and at one stage was on the same ward as ooh ah Paul McGrath..said ooh ah Paul MaGrath (sorry, I couldn't resist!). He said he was a gentleman and very warm and open. He sat in a circle and bared his soul with all the other men and didn't expect any special treatment. God bless him, hope he stays on the wagon.

On topic, there's not much I'm not eating these days...seem to cave to every whim. Munching a crisp sandwich as I browse just eat and watch Masterchef. Food has become my entire world :)

A lovely post Porklife. Thanks for sharing it. The irony of me having a beer and talking about Paul. I'm heading for the freezer to try out these Chicken with Attitude Spicy Goujons. The Chef Curry sauce is chilling in the fridge.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Homemade flatbread( just flour and yogurt mixed together to make the dough ) topped with leftover lamb heated up with sumac topped with feta, red onion, tomato cucumber, and a mint lemony yogurt dressing.

lovely and very cheap.

mariaalice wrote: »
    Homemade flatbread( just flour and yogurt mixed together to make the dough ) topped with leftover lamb heated up with sumac topped with feta, red onion, tomato cucumber, and a mint lemony yogurt dressing.

lovely and very cheap.

Sounds lovely alright and cheap is good. I've been making great dinners cheaply for years, but the last 10 months have been extra special.:D

lovely and very cheap.

That sounds amazing! I wouldn't have thought flatbread is flour and yogurt. Love sumac with feta. How am I still hungry:@)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Porklife wrote: »
    That sounds amazing! I wouldn't have thought flatbread is flour and yogurt. Love sumac with feta. How am I still hungry:@)

Very easy to make an equal amount of flour and yogurt to make the dough let it rest for a while, very hot pan. kinda based on Paratha.

• Advertisement

Very easy to make an equal amount of flour and yogurt to make the dough let it rest for a while, very hot pan. kinda based on Paratha.

That's great to know, thank you! Flatbread with various dips and whatnot is right up my street:)

Those spicy goujons were feckin fabulous lads. Some kick off them. The lemon cheese cake pots from Aldi were great too! What a happy eatin and drinkin night this was!:D

Those spicy goujons were feckin fabulous lads. Some kick off them. The lemon cheese cake pots from Aldi were great too! What a happy eatin and drinkin night this was!:D

Don't you mean gun johns? :pac:

Ok I'll stop now.

I had tea, going to make a toasted special I think. Cutting down big time, no take aways burgers nothing in over a month.

Don't you mean gun johns? :pac:

Ok I'll stop now.

I had tea, going to make a toasted special I think. Cutting down big time, no take aways burgers nothing in over a month.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

I ended up having Jalfrezi from Bombay Pantry. It was ok supposed to be a healthy option.

I ended up having Jalfrezi from Bombay Pantry. It was ok supposed to be a healthy option.

the old tv program open all hours,you eat all hours :D

the old tv program open all hours,you eat all hours :D

I have a habit of eating late. It's not good really. I thought it was about 11pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Some comfort food today. Scrambled egg on brown bap with gouda. Bangers and mash, the linda mc veggie type. Had a bowl of wedgies and sriracha mayo.
    And that was my Miserable Monday

Nothing miserable about that, the wedges look good.

• Advertisement

I have a habit of eating late. It's not good really. I thought it was about 11pm :(

im only having the crack :)

Advertisement