Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The Chef Curry sauce is chilling in the fridge.:D

What’s that stuff like ? Worth investing in ? I’m partial to a bit of curry sauce with my chips. Usually make it myself though. Best thing I’ve found to make it with is S&B Golden Curry sauce. It’s Japanese curry sauce, very tasty. Comes in cubes which you dissolve. Also does nicely for Katsu curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

bassy wrote: »
    im only having the crack :)

No worries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Some comfort food today.

Looks like a perfect day of food IrishLad.

I love the presentation of the wedges with the salad mixed into them. So simple but looks so appetising. I'll be stealing that idea ;)

Sriracha mayo is the bizz too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Have kebab on the slow cooker for the dinner in the morning. Get a clean run at the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

trashcan wrote: »
    What’s that stuff like ? Worth investing in ? I’m partial to a bit of curry sauce with my chips. Usually make it myself though. Best thing I’ve found to make it with is S&B Golden Curry sauce. It’s Japanese curry sauce, very tasty. Comes in cubes which you dissolve. Also does nicely for Katsu curry.

The Chef bottle sauce is worth a punt but more as a dipping sauce. Works for me as I tend not to pour curry sauce over my chips. I dip instead. There's a version that you make in a pot. If it tastes like the bottle version then its also worth trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Still waiting on my Tassimo coffee machine from Curry's. Never again will I give them my custom, disaster of a company with worse customer service.

In the meantime just got served some coffee to enjoy in bed while on the laptop. Tough ol' station.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Still waiting on my Tassimo coffee machine from Curry's. Never again will I give them my custom, disaster of a company with worse customer service.

In the meantime just got served some coffee to enjoy in bed while on the laptop. Tough ol' station.

Read all about it in the CI thread this morning. I'm waiting on a fridge freezer. Due on the 27th. Not holding my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

They are the worst, Harvey Normans is better place to shop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

In work. Just got a microwave in our office today!

In anticipation I brought a lovely home made burger leftover from last night's dinner and I've constructed it here with a nice fresh brioche bun, some cheese, onions and ketchup. Munching at my desk. Happy days. And nobody here to complain about my onion breath! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Toasted ham, cheese and onion sandwich :) Got those toastie bags and they are the business :);

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Off topic a bit but I have had good experiences with Power City lately, with next day delivery on two separate orders - a dishwasher and a freezer. I don't know if they deliver to your counties but I would consider cancelling your other orders and switching if so.

I did that when DID Electrical messed me around.

Bought a burger press and tried it out today, had oven baked burgers stuffed with smoked cheese on a brioche bun, chips, mushrooms, coleslaw and cherry tomatoes.
    I started getting things ready about 2pm and after all the effort forgot to take a picture of it but it was very nice. Shared a bottle of red with it.

Got the phone out for the dessert alright, hot chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream and apologies to bassy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Cottage pie for dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Bought a burger press and tried it out today, had oven baked burgers stuffed with smoked cheese on a brioche bun, chips, mushrooms, coleslaw and cherry tomatoes.
    I started getting things ready about 2pm and after all the effort forgot to take a picture of it but it was very nice. Shared a bottle of red with it.

Got the phone out for the dessert alright, hot chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream and apologies to bassy.

haha

im just after seeing your desert rows lol but im cool,one must resist :)

had my green veg smoothie earlier,in the process now of steaming up chicken,onions,green beans,carrots and rice.have replaced salt with knorrs aromat purpose savoury seasoning quite nice :) now im off to check how its all doing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffee black. Croissant with Kerry Gold. This Irish butter is super!

Local butcher sausages with mash and beans for the ladies in my life. I opted for a small sirloin with mash, mushrooms and onions. Had the last of those Aldi lemon cheesecake pots.

There is some drama here tonight. We have run out of chipstix.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Few cans Guinness
    Ham sandwich with pinch salt
    And couple of potato waffles in toaster now :-)

My homemade meatballs, chips and mushy peas. Now its Wednesday night beers and Mrs G is joining me for the first time. Woo Hoo!:D

Piri piri chicken thighs and drumsticks from the freezer with homemade gratin potatoes, nice enough but the longer these lockdowns go on the more critical we are becoming of shop bought cook and serve products. Could be the caveman in me too just missing red meat after not having any for 24 hours.

More of the same dessert as yesterday and a slow cold can of Molson.

• Advertisement

In the middle of steaming lean steak mince,rice carrots onion green beans.

bassy wrote: »
    In the middle of steaming lean steak mince,rice carrots onion green beans.

Fair play, you'll be ripped to the bone bassy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Too early for broccoli stir fry?

IMG-20201207-171821.jpg

IMG-20210121-151425.jpg

A small plate of Cooleeney goat's cheese and beetroot. Too late for lunch and too early for dinner :pac:

Baked some bread for a striploin steak baguette with cheesy chips and peppercorn sauce. Cold can of Molston on the side, not too shabby at all.

earlier had my green veg smoothie,followed later buy a hot mug of bovril :)

then this evening 2 poached eggs with rice,green beans,carrots,onions,spinach and kale.

Cottage pie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Savoury mince with carrots , onions and potatoes

Sirloin steak, really creamy mash as I lashed in the milk and butter and mixed veg. And Aldi sachet of pepper sauce over the steak that managed to get mixed in with the mash and veg. Mrs G had a chilli over nachos as I batch cooked a load today. Ms G had the great mash with a chicken fillet and Bisto southern style gravy. Dessert was strawberry cheese cake pots from Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Sirloin steak, really creamy mash as I lashed in the milk and butter
    Kerry Gold? Licks lips. :pac:

Advertisement