Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Fathom wrote: »
    Kerry Gold? Licks lips. :pac:

It was Kerry gold!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Grandeeod wrote: »
    It was Kerry gold!
    Yummy! My favorite. My best friend is Irish. After she spread some on pastry, I was completely hooked.

Had a big rasher and hash brown sandwich for brunch. Four rashers and two hash browns. Hit the spot.

IMG-20210122-105231.jpg

Starving now so phoning in a chinese. I've just open a can of Rockshore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yo Grandeeod. Cool lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spaghetti Bolognese :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Oven baked cod in batter with gooey chips and peas. The last cold can of Molson is still being enjoyed and there's a Smirnoff and cranberry juice with crushed ice right behind it on the table waiting to take it's place. It's the weekend!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Oven baked cod in batter with gooey chips and peas.
    Had fish and chips couple days ago. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

egg noodles,mince,green beans,onions,carrots.far from spectacular lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Takeaway pizza tonight. Bacon and mushroom. & chilli beef, ham & pepperoni.

With the usual sides - goujons, wedges & garlic dip :P

If I could get a takeaway pizza that's what I'd be getting, sounds awesome.

Jaysus lads I hope ye know how lucky ye are that ye can order takeaways.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

I don't eat pizza anymore but from experience of ordering, it's a really big one to suit lots of tastes? Sounds great.I really wish I liked pizza as it's a popular takeaway in this house. Many moons ago I used to order one from a local Dominoes. It was a spicy job. Really hot to taste. If memory serves me, some kind of Mexican job with taco beef and jalopenos. Mrs G just had the dreaded pineapple and sweetcorn on the other side. That probably put me off it over time.:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

bassy wrote: »
    egg noodles,mince,green beans,onions,carrots.far from spectacular lol

bassy... I can see you're making great efforts to lose weight! But I assure you, a little oil and some herbs and spices will not make you fat. Please flavour your foods so you can enjoy them!

I don't eat pizza anymore but from experience of ordering, it's a really big one to suit lots of tastes? Sounds great.I really wish I liked pizza as it's a popular takeaway in this house. Many moons ago I used to order one from a local Dominoes. It was a spicy job. Really hot to taste. If memory serves me, some kind of Mexican job with taco beef and jalopenos. Mrs G just had the dreaded pineapple and sweetcorn on the other side. That probably put me off it over time.:D

Grounds for divorce, she's a lucky woman.

bassy... I can see you're making great efforts to lose weight! But I assure you, a little oil and some herbs and spices will not make you fat. Please flavour your foods so you can enjoy them!

cheers mystery egg,but im very warey of the oil as in trying to avoid it.but ye i know what your saying and thanks :)

I don't have a decent choice to order a delivery where I am. But if I drive 15 mins I have Gods gift of great options along with checkpoints.:D

I don't have a decent choice to order a delivery where I am. But if I drive 15 mins I have Gods gift of great options along with checkpoints.:D

i,ll report you G to your local constable :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

cheers mystery egg,but im very warey of the oil as in trying to avoid it.but ye i know what your saying and thanks :)

Even if you stir fried your food in a dry pan and flavoured it with garlic, ginger and soy... The thought of all that steamed food makes me a bit sad tbh

i,ll report you G to your local constable :D

But I'm shopping.:D

Extra Virgin Olive Oil can be your friend in the pan, pot or Wok bassy.

i,ll do without oil for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Ive cut pizza out for the large part as at part of the year i tend to overindulge (weekly)
    But the classics are the best
    The pepperoni express (double pep)
    Or a half and half for myself with the double pep and chicken jalapeño on the other

• Advertisement

Well here's the thing. I actually feel like crap after eating the pizza & I rarely order it anymore because I know how I will feel afterwards. But sometimes craving just take over & it was worth it at the time :p

I had actual put in an online order to another place at first, but they said they don't deliver here. I rang the restaurant & told them I had gotten a delivery before they said maybe they delivered by mistake.

Only when I got off the phone did I remember the 5km rule so maybe thats he meant.

Worked out for me anyway because my order came to €50 :eek:. For bloody chipper food. But I wanted a bit of everything so I ordered more than I usually would.

The pizza I got didn't save me much money but I'm used to €30 being the max for takeaway, not €50 for junk !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

No EVOO for stir frying I thought? Coconut or avocado, or ghee... Or just sunflower.

I've been getting into oriental noodle type meals recently. Tesco stir fry oil is very nice.

And anything from Lee Kum Kee!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    No EVOO for stir frying I thought? Coconut or avocado, or ghee... Or just sunflower.

I've been getting into oriental noodle type meals recently. Tesco stir fry oil is very nice.

And anything from Lee Kum Kee!

Ghee? This cool dude is trying to lose a few pounds. Coconut oil? I don't think so.
    Extra Virgin Olive oil all the way if bassy decides to use oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Mrs G just had the dreaded pineapple and sweetcorn on the other side. That probably put me off it over time.:D

I don’t mind either pineapple or sweet corn on a pizza. There, I’ve said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Tesco thai sweet chilli crisps and gin and tonic

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

trashcan wrote: »
    I don’t mind either pineapple or sweet corn on a pizza. There, I’ve said it.

I like you Trashcan :D

Glass of water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Extra virgin or any olive oil is unsuitable for stir frying as it has a lower smoke point. It is better to use something like rape seed oil as it will withstand higher temperature.

It is ok for saute type frying but using extra virgin for frying is really a waste.
    Best used for dressing and dips as the flavour is then important.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

Toasted wrap with Emmental and cheddar cheese, doiced onion, thinly sliced tomato and some ham. Done on the George foreman some mild mustard on top.
    Bag of chipsticks on the side and washed down with a strong black coffee. Not bad at all.
    Toasted wraps are the only thing a George foreman does right

• Advertisement

A one meal suits all dinner here this evening. Butcher made sausages, mash and beans. Damn ordinary and damn good! Chocolate fudge cake time now. Might have a tipple of something too!

IMG-20210123-165924.jpg

Advertisement