Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Merry Britmas’ first podcast of the 2021 season is up today. I love when they release episodes out of season makes it feel Christmassy anytime I throw one on.

Nice one, will start back into the podcasts this week, in need of something cheery.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Merry Britmas’ first podcast of the 2021 season is up today. I love when they release episodes out of season makes it feel Christmassy anytime I throw one on.

Would love to start listen to these however know I just don't have the time. I might do a month of reading and then a month of podcasts to mix things up a bit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Would love to start listen to these however know I just don't have the time. I might do a month of reading and then a month of podcasts to mix things up a bit.

The Jan episode is 16 minutes, you can do it :)

The Jan episode is 16 minutes, you can do it :)

I'll try, no promises :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

I got a Christmas card in the post today from Finland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's what you were subconsciously leaving your tree up for. :pac: :)

Caranica wrote: »
    I got a Christmas card in the post today from Finland.

My wife bought some Christmas cards in the shop yesterday.

Two houses on my way home work still have their trees lit up in their window :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Walking around last night and saw two small trees lit up with fairy lights and another one with icicle lights lit up over the canopy at the front door. Lovely to see.

Also, on tv last night on the channel Dave they have a program featuring ex world's strongest man Eddie Hall where he goes around doing food challenges. Last night they showed two Christmas specials called "Eddie eats Christmas".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just got a 450g pouch of quality street in the shop for €2.50 no regrets!!

EDIT The shop was Dunnes.

• Advertisement

Oh nice! :D

Just got a 450g pouch of quality street in the shop for €2.50 no regrets!!

EDIT The shop was Dunnes.

So you roll your own then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

:D:D
    That made me laugh!

It took me too long to get this. :pac:

As a non smoker it went right over my head haha.

Saw these in Dunnes Stores yesterday morning, first time I've seen them and was wondering if they're much different to the ones we get at Christmas (the addition of custard being an obvious one). Will pick some up next week for a try, on the way home was raging I didnt think to pick them up straight away.
    fgx0KtH.jpg
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I certainly saw the above in a supermarket before Christmas but I can't remember which one!

May have being supervalu when I think of it.

Lot of reds and yellows in the corner which means they are going to taste great :D

Lot of reds and yellows in the corner which means they are going to taste great :D

Yeah, at 176 calories per pie that's a tasty mash up of sugar & fats!!

DvB wrote: »
    Yeah, at 176 calories per pie that's a tasty mash up of sugar & fats!!

My favorite kind of mash up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Those Portuguese tarts look nice, it's an odd time of year to introduce a new mincemeat product! Portuguese tarts usually have a different pastry to mince pies, should be flaky rather than crumbly!

My local coffee shop still have their Christmas tree up, and lit. Thought it might have been a January thing, but it was still there when I passed it on my daily walk this morning. They took their Christmas wreaths down from their outside seating area last week, so I thought the tree might go too, but nope, still there. I'll have to remember to look in every time I pass to see how long they keep it up for.

Just back from a visit to the state labs in Celbridge, they have not one, but two christmas trees with full decorations still up in different parts of the building. I freely admit, I smiled both times I saw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I wonder do the people who still have decorations up just want that bit of magic to stay around a bit longer. I totally understand :)

Was out for a walk this afternoon, and seen a Christmas tree up, and lit, in a house, and a Christmas wreath on another house. :)

Traditionally, if you leave your Christmas tree up after Little Christmas, you leave it up until Candlemas Day (today) so I wonder if that's the last we will see of decorations. :/

Well in that case happy candlemas everyone :)

And happy Groundhog Day! :)
    Although he did see 6 more weeks of winter, boo. :p

Posy wrote: »
    And happy Groundhog Day! :)
    Although he did see 6 more weeks of winter, boo. :p

I think we’re going to see 6 weeks more rain and lockdown :(

I think we’re going to see 6 weeks more rain and lockdown :(

On that happy note, let's get this movie tournament started, we need a distraction from all this doom and gloom.

DvB wrote: »
    On that happy note, let's get this movie tournament started, we need a distraction from all this doom and gloom.

Agreed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Local priest has Christmas lights and a full size crib still up in his front garden

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement