Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Out of Season 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Only fools and horses Christmas special 'if they could see us now' on gold at 5pm today.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Seeing a fair few references to christmas in June at the moment. I know ALDI are pushing it too, saw the adverts in their latest leaflet drop out our way. Mince pies back on sale!!! (though I still have 18 of them in the freezer anyway)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Seeing a fair few references to christmas in June at the moment. I know ALDI are pushing it too, saw the adverts in their latest leaflet drop out our way. Mince pies back on sale!!! (though I still have 18 of them in the freezer anyway)

Hopefully by June will be hot and sunny and not Christmasy at all!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Hopefully by June will be hot and sunny and not Christmasy at all!

Agree. Already getting a bit frustrated by the mixed weather. Hoping by the June b/h weekend we're in full BBQ season, shorts, shades & cooled bottles of beer!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Agree. Already getting a bit frustrated by the mixed weather. Hoping by the June b/h weekend we're in full BBQ season, shorts, shades & cooled bottles of beer!

Weather has been all over the place lately. Wind, rain, hail and sun and that’s just all in one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I looked this up yesterday and with the rollout of vaccinations in the UK, I think this Aldi promotion is limited to over there.
    Hope I'm wrong, I've already told everyone in my family about this when I read your post.

I looked this up yesterday and with the rollout of vaccinations in the UK, I think this Aldi promotion is limited to over there.
    Hope I'm wrong, I've already told everyone in my family about this when I read your post.

Really? Have seen it appear on my social media accounts so assumed it was ourselves also, was convinced it was referenced in a leaflet drop too... though my scrambled memory may be letting me down here. Apologies if so.

TBH I find the whole christmas in June/July thing a bit of a dismissible fad anyway.

Really? Have seen it appear on my social media accounts so assumed it was ourselves also, was convinced it was referenced in a leaflet drop too... though my scrambled memory may be letting me down here. Apologies if so.

TBH I find the whole christmas in June/July thing a bit of a dismissible fad anyway.

Your probably right, I only read one news article about it and it said Aldi UK were doing Christmas in June , I hope they do it over here, if only to annoy the Bah Humbuggers! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It'll be Christmas in June for us here anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,174 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Should we set up a petition to get Aldi to do Christmas in June here to?

• Advertisement

TOTP Christmas 1990 special on bbc4 now!

TOTP Christmas 1990 special on bbc4 now!

Done my Leaving that year so practically giving my age away there :)

What was number 1?

Done my Leaving that year so practically giving my age away there :)

What was number 1?

Cliff Richard, Saviours Day.

BTW, did my LC just a year ahead of you, in 89.

Cliff Richard, Saviours Day.

BTW, did my LC just a year ahead of you, in 89.

No way. The 80s was the best decade to grow up in my opinion.
    Not a big fan of the song I have to say. :p

The eighties, what a great decade for music! :D

I just seen a car driving by with the boot open, reminded me of seeing people drive past after buying Christmas trees. :)

Jolly boys outing on gold at the moment... one of the best OFAH Christmas specials (not set at Christmas mind)

Rodney come home, the 1990 OFAH Christmas special on at 1pm too.

Organised my first christmas present for 2021... picked this up for the kids who loved the forst 2 christmasaurus books.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmasaurus-Naughty-List-Tom-Fletcher-ebook/dp/B0914N6TVZ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+Christmasaurus+and+the+Naughty+List&qid=1621261774&sr=8-1

Only seen a bit of it before but just watched all of Last Christmas on Sky Movies with Emilia Clarke in it.
    Didn't get great reviews but I really enjoyed it, loved all the George Michael songs in it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Bought warm cinnamon zoflora in Mr Price at the weekend, they had two Christmas scents. Looking forward to the place smelling like Christmas

• Advertisement

As I mentioned in the weight loss/fitness thread, we had a zoom music bingo charity night last night, hosted by gifting Garvan Rigby from Christmas FM, everytime he was talking I couldn't help but think of Christmas FM. Just 6 months until that's back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Babysitting my 3 year old niece and she's insisted on a Peppa Pig Christmas selection on YouTube. I've found the current episode intrinsically flawed. The kids posting letters to Santa on Christmas Eve? Buying the tree on Christmas Eve? Wrong wrong wrong :D

Bloody Peppa. She's a right dose. :p

Home alone 2 on film 4 atm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I seen a car with reindeer antlers and the red nose still proudly going on my way home from the park today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Loughc wrote: »
    I seen a car with reindeer antlers and the red nose still proudly going on my way home from the park today.

And a Christmas Forum sticker on the boot ?

Caranica wrote: »
    Babysitting my 3 year old niece and she's insisted on a Peppa Pig Christmas selection on YouTube. I've found the current episode intrinsically flawed. The kids posting letters to Santa on Christmas Eve? Buying the tree on Christmas Eve? Wrong wrong wrong :D

My similar critique fell on deaf ears!
    Posy wrote: »
    Bloody Peppa. She's a right dose. :p

My wife is trying to ban her as she is so cheeky!
    otnomart wrote: »
    And a Christmas Forum sticker on the boot ?

A what now?? This sounds like something I need!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

TRS30 wrote: »
    My wife is trying to ban her as she is so cheeky!

We had a few glorious Peppa free months, now our 4 year old has rediscovered a gra for her...I had forgotten how utterly annoying she is and mean...seriously, I'm like to the kids "be nice to other people, think about their feelings"...Peppa Pig "Daddy Pig has a fat tummy"...honestly! :eek:

CheerLouth wrote: »
    We had a few glorious Peppa free months, now our 4 year old has rediscovered a gra for her...I had forgotten how utterly annoying she is and mean...seriously, I'm like to the kids "be nice to other people, think about their feelings"...Peppa Pig "Daddy Pig has a fat tummy"...honestly! :eek:

Remember though, it is 'pure muscle' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

WFH after a silly o'clock early start this morning (had to be on a site at 6.30am) so am needing plenty of caffeine to keep the motivation levels where they need to be, so decided to stick Christmas FM classical & Carols on for a bit... may have beena mistake s its quite relaxing and I could easily have a nap here now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement