Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag or case for rifle storage

Options
  • 28-12-2020 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

What are folks using primarily for carrying the rifle from the safe and transport in back of the jeep? I would never be walking with the rifle as the farm has tracks that I can drive on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Gun cases for transport, but bags are handy if you have to carry them around the range, shoots or transport is a squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tikkamark

I use an aim drag bag for transport in the back of the land cruiser or van when foxing and they are also mighty in the summer when I’d do a bit of long distance shooting you do always need a heap of gear as in range finders the kestrel and bullets ect the aim bag has huge pouches to carry a heap of stuff and very heavy duty straps that tuck away into the bag when not needed....i never seen one before I got my own and was blown away by the thought and quality in these bags.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

When i carried my gear in the back of my jeep it was always in a hard case. Like you i could drive up to and into my permissions so i never needed to carry between permissions so i opted for protection which meant hard case and lots of nice soft padding to protect my gear.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

40 year old Match 54 so it never leaves home unless its in a hard case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

tikkamark wrote: »
    I use an aim drag bag for transport in the back of the land cruiser or van when foxing and they are also mighty in the summer when I’d do a bit of long distance shooting you do always need a heap of gear as in range finders the kestrel and bullets ect the aim bag has huge pouches to carry a heap of stuff and very heavy duty straps that tuck away into the bag when not needed....i never seen one before I got my own and was blown away by the thought and quality in these bags.

Same, have both a peli and the aim bag and it is always the aim bag I use. Just find it more handy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement