Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The problem frankly, is that some of these people aren't - as someone else said - the fizziest drink in the fridge. That poor woman can barely speak English.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Imagine you had someone like that in your family

In fairness it doesn't seem to only be her. The members of her family went to the party not wearing masks and not distancing. They bear the responsibility for their own actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Natural selection at work I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I daresay a lot of tragedy and infection has been caused off of the back of that classic Irish reduction, "... ah, it'll be grand". Don't need wingnut conspiracy types to cause foolish decisions made in family units. I would speculate that the vast majority of lapses or plain ignoring of medical advice has been from simple, everyday hubris.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

pixelburp wrote: »
    I daresay a lot of tragedy and infection has been caused off of the back of that classic Irish reduction, "... ah, it'll be grand". Don't need wingnut conspiracy types to cause foolish decisions made in family units. I would speculate that the vast majority of lapses or plain ignoring of medical advice has been from simple, everyday hubris.

I daresay you're right. In the pre-Christmas easing of restrictions, I was fairly shocked at just how far some were going with that. I'd relations up from the country visiting other relations, who invited us over to what would have been then been eleven people in a house, not counting us. Technically, it came within the "three households" restriction, sure. But both families have vulnerable people in their immediate circles.

At least, though, none of them were posting on social media about how COVID is all a hoax!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

pixelburp wrote: »

People (rightly) assumed that one or two families breaking the rules wouldn't cause much harm. The problem was that thousands of families decided that they would be that family to break the rules.

Or even "staying within" the rules despite totally violating the point of them. e.g. someone visiting numerous houses on the same day but saying it's not an issue because they were the only visitor in each house at any given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have reported crimes against humanity in our local gardai station....

Looper

Reading those posts gave me brain damage. "the flu is a coronavirus"..."they played on people's fear of dying. When dying is a part of life!"

Reading those posts gave me brain damage. "the flu is a coronavirus"..."they played on people's fear of dying. When dying is a part of life!"

Dying is part of life that's true, I also remember watching an interview with a survivor from Auschwitz saying that when faced with it and surrounded by it, you would be amazed at the lengths people will go to survive even for five more minutes. You don't even have to be in that horrific situation to see people doing the same.

Any of these fu*king idiots ended up seriously sick they would be crying for help from not saying sure it's just natural.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Dying is part of life that's true, I also remember watching an interview with a survivor from Auschwitz saying that when faced with it and surrounded by it, you would be amazed at the lengths people will go to survive even for five more minutes. You don't even have to be in that horrific situation to see people doing the same.

Any of these fu*king idiots ended up seriously sick they would be crying for help from not saying sure it's just natural.
    While dying is part of life, it's not like we just immediately surrender to death at every opportunity. Avoiding death accounts for the majority of the energy expended by living creatures in the history of the earth.

Posts saying stuff like "Covid isn't a big deal because death is natural" contradicts just about every event that has happened in all of history. Why do we remember famines, plagues, wars, genocides, disasters etc. if all the deaths involved are just an unremarkable "part of life"?

I'm not directing this against you BTW. Just remarking on the stupidity of saying stuff like "dying is part of life" when for all of history people have been striving against dying.

• Advertisement

While dying is part of life, it's not like we just immediately surrender to death at every opportunity. Avoiding death accounts for the majority of the energy expended by living creatures in the history of the earth.

Posts saying stuff like "Covid isn't a big deal because death is natural" contradicts just about every event that has happened in all of history. Why do we remember famines, plagues, wars, genocides, disasters etc. if all the deaths involved are just an unremarkable "part of life"?

I'm not directing this against you BTW. Just remarking on the stupidity of saying stuff like "dying is part of life" when for all of history people have been striving against dying.

Of course we don't, and the point I was making (maybe badly), unless you have given up on life your going to do all you can to stay alive, even in the most horrendous of situations.

I have seen family members go through the end stages of cancer. While they enjoyed what ever they could in life and fought their cancer for as long as they could, there comes a time when it wins. While cancer is natural that doesn't stop funding of research into cures and government legislation designed to try and prevent people from contracting various types of cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Imagine you had someone like that in your family
    at one point in the those tweets it says, "when Im in the house no-one will make eye contact with me" how is that she let inside the house, she must be wearing a mask at this point atleast?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gemmas latest is that The entire mother and baby report is a hoax so all the Churches in Ireland can be seized by the State.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Gemmas latest is that The entire mother and baby report is a hoax so all the Churches in Ireland can be seized by the State.

It seems like in the eyes of some people the Catholic Church can do no wrong, no matter what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Kingp35 wrote: »
    In fairness it doesn't seem to only be her. The members of her family went to the party not wearing masks and not distancing. They bear the responsibility for their own actions.

Br.O'Connor interviewing a Doctor, Dr.Laura .....? anyhow, the tremendous aid now that the hospitals in the HSE are buying now to administer to patients who may/have Covid is, Oxygen from canisters.
    Not sure exactly how the oxygen will be applied to the patients, it may be filtered through an oxygen mask.
    So tremendous to know that with Covid that oxygen may be of aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Br.O'Connor interviewing a Doctor, Dr.Laura .....? anyhow, the tremendous aid now that the hospitals in the HSE are buying now to administer to patients who may/have Covid is, Oxygen from canisters.
    Not sure exactly how the oxygen will be applied to the patients, it may be filtered through an oxygen mask.

Have you taken something you shouldn't have tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Have you taken something you shouldn't have tonight?

Tonight?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

about this "buying in" you were on about. how much do you reckon it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It seems like in the eyes of some people the Catholic Church can do no wrong, no matter what they do.

Like Islam in the eyes of the far-left I suppose.

This is so good. Dee absolutely furious that no one turned up to the protest. Literally, no one.

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1350821959970516994

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Like Islam in the eyes of the far-left I suppose.

It's ok for some people to feel like the catholic church can do nothing wrong because some other people feel Islam can do nothing wrong - that's your point?

The Nal wrote: »
    This is so good. Dee absolutely furious that no one turned up to the protest. Literally, no one.

haha I have to say the sight of absolutely nobody there was pretty funny.

haha I have to say the sight of absolutely nobody there was pretty funny.

I like the idea of one person being furious with the other 2 million people in the greater Dublin area who didn't turn up. Just her and some rando.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭celt262

The Nal wrote: »

That is brilliant !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Who is the Ann she is referring to?

The fact that people around her keep getting arrested is also hilarious.
    Maybe she is a rat lol

Who is the Ann she is referring to?
    I am guessing one of her looper mates.
    Forgive the poor grammar...it's actually better than her normal guff.

"To people who care about there freedom who care please go to store st garda Station, the gestapo took ann off the bus las night 8 pm for being exempt from wearing a mask. and still have her in custody"...

Bus drivers are all "Chiron's" whatever that mean
    https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1350832240587137026?s=09

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,835 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ah yes, the Dublin Bus drivers and their secret viral weapons laboratory. How did we not see this?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

No sign of Gemma out protesting at all. Is she keeping a low profile?

I kinda miss the days of passing her outside Google, being laughed at, herself and yer man from the Irish Freedom party who's name I forget, the one who u-turned on divorce when he left his wife for a young one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement