Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

These anti-Irish goons on the far right outside the Four Courts sicken me. This morning a friend of mine will bury her father. Due to covid restrictions the family are unable to have the comfort of a traditional funeral. Along with covid Gemma and her gang of traitors regard the abuses in Tuam as a hoax. So much for being pro life.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

bocaman wrote: »
    These anti-Irish goons on the far right outside the Four Courts sicken me. This morning a friend of mine will bury her father. Due to covid restrictions the family are unable to have the comfort of a traditional funeral. Along with covid Gemma and her gang of traitors regard the abuses in Tuam as a hoax. So much for being pro life.

Sicken a hungry pig

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Honestly, at times I wish our Gardai were tougher. Far too nice with this bunch.

I actually don't think it's an 'our Gardai' thing, you see it in a lot of countries at the moment where the police treat far right protests with the kid gloves. Look at any covid protest and you'll see hundreds of people flouting the current rules and nothing is done

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

I actually don't think it's an 'our Gardai' thing, you see it in a lot of countries at the moment where the police treat far right protests with the kid gloves. Look at any covid protest and you'll see hundreds of people flouting the current rules and nothing is done

Look the way it is, I just remove the politics, and all I see is this mouthy poopoo, and if thats how it is and i see this happening I'd just slam both their heads to the pavement and throw their phones in the river. Cry all they want, but for me its not whether or not Tuam was real (it is). To me its whether or not they piss me off. And they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

PhoneMain wrote: »
    You can call it bullsh1t if you want, it was a receptionist in work who told me and she said she was talking to the lady at lunch. Might be bullsh1t, might not be, doesnt really bother me if it is. What bothers me is the behaviour of the d1ckheads outside the Four Courts today.

By the way, thanks for the passive aggressive response.

Yup, literally "Dúirt bean liom gur ndúirt bean léi" - thanks for clarifying.

The 5k limit applies to going for exercise only.

There is absolutely no restriction on travelling outside your county - provided it's for an essential purpose. Buying food - including drive-thru - is covered under that.

Yes, the Gardaí have leeway. If I live in Dun Laoghaire, the guards would be right to turn me back if I'm driving to a drive-thru in Blanch. Or even fine me. If it's the nearest drive-thru near me? Not so much.

Agree with you on the muppets outside the Four Courts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Yup, literally "Dúirt bean liom gur ndúirt bean léi" - thanks for clarifying.

The 5k limit applies to going for exercise only.

There is absolutely no restriction on travelling outside your county - provided it's for an essential purpose. Buying food - including drive-thru - is covered under that.

Yes, the Gardaí have leeway. If I live in Dun Laoghaire, the guards would be right to turn me back if I'm driving to a drive-thru in Blanch. Or even fine me. If it's the nearest drive-thru near me? Not so much.

Agree with you on the muppets outside the Four Courts.

Fair enough but all I was doing was relaying an anecdotal story I heard, I wasn't claiming it was for publication in Nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭HBC08

PhoneMain wrote: »
    You can call it bullsh1t if you want, it was a receptionist in work who told me and she said she was talking to the lady at lunch. Might be bullsh1t, might not be, doesnt really bother me if it is. What bothers me is the behaviour of the d1ckheads outside the Four Courts today.

By the way, thanks for the passive aggressive response.

It might be bullsh1te (I'll give you a hint,it is)
    But you've no problem spreading it around.

HBC08 wrote: »
    It might be bullsh1te (I'll give you a hint,it is)
    But you've no problem spreading it around.

I'm hardly going on Liveline to f&cking say it am I?!!!

I was only saying it as I was frustrated that those pr1cks are allowed to do what they like when we have hundreds dying of a disease thats spread by human to human spread. I have full sympathy for the guards as well but cant understand why they dont do more to the likes of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

How were BLM protesters treated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Does anybody know Dee's family?

She strikes me as the sort whose sons can be regularly found outside Houston Station or the Merchants Quay clinic asking for 2 quid and shouting at people similar to themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,041 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yamanoto wrote: »
    How were BLM protesters treated?

Criminal investigations into Dublin as well as actively policing Debenhams workers too so yes there did seem to be more of an overt Policing left wing protests but not far right protests thing going on in the last year.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Killinator

Criminal investigations into Dublin as well as actively policing Debenhams workers too so yes there did seem to be more of an overt Policing left wing protests but not far right protests thing going on in the last year.

This seems pretty overt in fairness:

https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-protest-arrests-5330907-Jan2021/

It would be funny if we're still in the whole lockdown in a year's time, and people are like "We should have listened to Gemma O Doherty.."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Killinator

It would be funny if we're still in the whole lockdown in a year's time, and people are like "We should have listened to Gemma O Doherty.."

If we're still locked downin a years time, funny is not going to be the word used about it!

Lolz.

How many arrests in Blanch? How many at the US embassy where virtually all attendees violated the 5km rule?

Wtf have we a situation where ungrateful pucks living in state provided accommodation can do what they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭francois

Lolz.

How many arrests in Blanch? How many at the US embassy where virtually all attendees violated the 5km rule?

Wtf have we a situation where ungrateful pucks living in state provided accommodation can do what they like?

There's plenty of anti immigration, social housing and blm threads, this isn't one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

francois wrote: »
    There's plenty of anti immigration, social housing and blm threads, this isn't one of them

But what about, what about, what about....???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Aren't those things kinda the point when talking about Gemma?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

It appears a bunch of reckless loons on either side of the political spectrum were subject to scrutiny

Garda sources told The Irish Times the crowd that gathered on Monday was simply too large to disperse. But they have insisted Black Lives Matter is not the only protest group now under investigation.

They pointed to another protest, at the Four Courts in Dublin in April, that was also allowed to unfold on the day but with a follow-up investigation now under way. And they say subsequent gatherings relating to the group involved in that protest – supporters of Gemma O’Doherty and John Waters – were also being investigated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/why-is-there-a-criminal-investigation-into-the-black-lives-matter-dublin-protest-1.4270112%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dee is in a sling after her arrest.

Capture1.png

And shes hanging around with this person now (whoever this is) who keeps getting arrested since shes met Dee.

Capture.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,038 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If we're still in lockdown in a year, then clearly something has gone horribly wrong with either vaccination or CoVid mutated into something resistant to treatment. The bodies really will have started piling up. You snark, but given O'Doherty doesn't actually believe the pandemic is even real; not sure how people would suddenly be listening to her? Unless you yourself share that opinion in which case, good luck to you, we have nothing to share.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Which entity (PFJ or JPF) was behind this?
    Lord mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by far-right protestors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Lolz.

What 5km rule would that be?

How many arrests outside the GPO?

Who the **** are you talking about in your last post, and how do you know all this - or, maybe, you're just talking out your arse?

'Hazel Chu, you're going to turn into a shapeshifting dragon someday and we're going to catch it on camera'.

WTF is wrong with these people?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭francois

The Nal wrote: »
    Dee is in a sling after her arrest.

Capture1.png

And shes hanging around with this person now (whoever this is) who keeps getting arrested since shes met Dee.

Capture.png

Compo claim bull on the way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,038 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yet if one was to listen to some around this forum, Chu won't stop "banging on" about racism. Victim blaming really has curled into something especially misanthropic and vulgar through these mental gymnastics. I hope at the very least their wee daughter is shielded from this ugliness (the article says in this instance she was).

Spare me from the idiocy of weekend patriots. I'd wonder if DeValera, being as he was a mixed-race man, was Irish enough for their blood but we all know why he would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,041 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yet if one was to listen to some around this forum, Chu won't stop "banging on" about racism. Victim blaming really has curled into something especially misanthropic and vulgar through these mental gymnastics. I hope at the very least their wee daughter is shielded from this ugliness (the article says in this instance she was)..

Harassing her at her home is frankly disgusting.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,529 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Compo claim bull on the way

Dee would want to be very careful about inviting any investigation into her fitness or otherwise to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

https://mobile.twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1352541717816356866

Dee wearing the sling on the wrong arm, how's she going to hold the crutch that she definitely needs.......

Also, no charges, convenient....

• Advertisement

Harassing her at her home is frankly disgusting.

Is it digusting to have a protest outside Don's former house in DC? Boris' place in London?

You seem to pick and choose whether a protest outside a house is appropriate, or under what circumstances a protest violating Covid protocols is necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement