Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭jaffa20

My statement of Liability for 2020 is not available yet. I guess you guys are talking about 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

jaffa20 wrote: »
    My statement of Liability for 2020 is not available yet. I guess you guys are talking about 2019?

Neither mine is available yet

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Blanco100 wrote: »
    How does the health insurance tax credit work? Work have been paying it for me since December 2020.

Also the e working expenses relief?

How would I log both on myrevenue? Always a fear I'll do it incorrectly and end up declaring things incorrectly

If you are ever uncertain about making claims, seeks a tax / financial advisors advice.

However, there's a lot of free guidance available online. I've got detailed posts on the health insurance and eWorking tax credits.

For eWorking, you can claim partial expenses you incurred while working from home (broadband, heating, electricity).

For health insurance relief, its a bit more complicated. If your employer pays for your health insurance premium (which would normally be in the form of benefit in kind) you need to check the amount of benefit in kind they are paying you on your payslip. If this matches the gross health insurance premium (pre applying the tax relief), you will be entitled to claim it.

Many people get confused when their health insurance documents say that the final premium paid by the employer already has tax relief included. The employer normally ends up paying the gross premium before tax relief.

https://www.advicebydave.ie/tax-credits-and-relief/1000s-in-tax-relief-for-health-insurance-premiums/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

sternn wrote: »
    If you are ever uncertain about making claims, seeks a tax / financial advisors advice.

However, there's a lot of free guidance available online. I've got detailed posts on the health insurance and eWorking tax credits.

For eWorking, you can claim partial expenses you incurred while working from home (broadband, heating, electricity).

For health insurance relief, its a bit more complicated. If your employer pays for your health insurance premium (which would normally be in the form of benefit in kind) you need to check the amount of benefit in kind they are paying you on your payslip. If this matches the gross health insurance premium (pre applying the tax relief), you will be entitled to claim it.

Many people get confused when their health insurance documents say that the final premium paid by the employer already has tax relief included. The employer normally ends up paying the gross premium before tax relief.

https://www.advicebydave.ie/tax-credits-and-relief/1000s-in-tax-relief-for-health-insurance-premiums/

And in seeking advice or using a third party do not provide your login details to your representative. Treat your login information as the same as you would your online banking information.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/using-a-tax-agent-or-tax-service/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

This issue that many employees have now with an underpayment of tax, will this be an issue again next year? Or will it be ok because the TWSS is gone? I'm wondering if I should start putting money aside for a possible tax bill next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,963 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

This issue that many employees have now with an underpayment of tax, will this be an issue again next year? Or will it be ok because the TWSS is gone? I'm wondering if I should start putting money aside for a possible tax bill next year.

As far as I'm aware the new EWSS is taxed at source so hopefully this won't be an issue next year

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

€651 overpayment. Website is very slow, had to keep refreshing to navigate through to SOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,963 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Lundstram wrote: »
    €651 overpayment. Website is very slow, had to keep refreshing to navigate through to SOL.

High enough in fairness but not in the thousands thankfully

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Lundstram wrote: »

We're sorry...

: PAYE-BASE-WEB7795840602752444500

This message I get when want to view statement of liability

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

BaguMka wrote: »
    We're sorry...

: PAYE-BASE-WEB7795840602752444500

This message I get when want to view statement of liability
    I'm getting that now, I was getting the 'will be available after January 15th' message earlier this morning and yesterday.

• Advertisement

I'm getting that now, I was getting the 'will be available after January 15th' message earlier this morning and yesterday.

I hope it will be available to view today or tomorrow

I hope it will be available to view today or tomorrow
    With any luck, I'll try again later and post back if there's a change.

With any luck, I'll try again later and post back if there's a change.

Cool I'll do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Sono wrote: »
    Those who have received their statements, did you get an email to notify you or did you just check and it was there?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Aurelian

Big unexpected bill for me. I didn't really understand/pay attention to the implications of the scheme. I assumed as my take home pay was more or less the same that my taxation was more or less correct. Foolish assumption.

I can't complain at keeping my job through the pandemic but at the same time I now feel I unwittingly took a significant pay cut.

Aurelian wrote: »
    Big unexpected bill for me. I didn't really understand/pay attention to the implications of the scheme. I assumed as my take home pay was more or less the same that my taxation was more or less correct. Foolish assumption.

I can't complain at keeping my job through the pandemic but at the same time I now feel I unwittingly took a significant pay cut.

Hi, did you get your statement of liability just now?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Aurelian

Hi, did you get your statement of liability just now?

Yep, website wouldn't work for me yesterday but managed to get it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Dempo1 wrote: »
    High enough in fairness but not in the thousands thankfully

But an overpayment is good news! The higher the better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Still waiting :(

siblers wrote: »
    Still waiting :(

Same here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

I wish the message was something other than "Your Statement of Liability will be available after 15th January." because well it is after the 15th and it's not available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

adam240610 wrote: »
    I wish the message was something other than "Your Statement of Liability will be available after 15th January." because well it is after the 15th and it's not available

They will be released on Monday.

Cool I'll do the same
    It's back to this for me now:
    Processing request

We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available after 15th January.
    I might check again tomorrow but I'm guessing at this stage it'll be Monday at the earliest.

Message has changed now, it now says the SOL will be available "shortly" instead of after the 15th. So God knows when that'll be. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Message has changed now, it now says the SOL will be available "shortly" instead of after the 15th. So God knows when that'll be. :rolleyes:

Getting that too. I'm hoping Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Got a preliminary overpayment of a grand. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Mine is the same now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Nigzcurran wrote: »

Nice! Did yours just become available today?

Nigzcurran wrote: »

Nice one!! I'm only expecting a couple of hundred, but it'll go a long way. :) January is such a long feckin month waiting for payday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Nice! Did yours just become available today?

No got it yesterday after work after trying about 10 times!

Advertisement