Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just Do It

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

It's horrible D, it really is... My own dad has COPD & Diabetes, he never really worried before about things too much but now he is terrified & it breaks my heart. He has blocked arteries in his legs too so can't walk very far, only gets out when I bring him for his pension. Hopefully all we are doing will benefit them, they are the ones we love & need protecting...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

All our elders are nervous. Hate this damn virus. Hope they get their vaccines soon and are not stressing so much about getting out and active.

I hear ya on the WFH. I'm single parenting for 3 of the 5 days, with a pressure job. Have PE with Joe and 2hrs homework scheduled in on the days Mrs Shotgun works. Gonna be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Monday 5 Miles @8.27
    Easy lunchtime miles around the pitches in Marlay. Legs felt a bit stiff

Tuesday 7 Miles @8.22
    Early morning skip up towards Firhouse and back while listening to John Travers on Runner Beans.

Wednesday 7.02 Miles @7.16
    Back with L this week for base work. I misread the instruction for this. This was intended to be 25 mins tempo --(10 mins at 6.10, 5 mins at 5.55 10 mins at 6.10). For whatever reason I had it my head that this was 25 mins at 6.30 pace so that is what I did. ;) It was not until after that I realised my mistake. I was thinking that run felt easier than a usual L midweek session

Thursday 7.20 Miles @8.26

This was done mostly around the grass up in Marlay again. I made a decision here that I had to get to a physio regarding the Plantar Facistis.

It has regressed from a mild inconvenience, to an inconvenience, to uncomfortable, to painful, to affecting other aspects of my life. I have already tried many things but now after seeing physio we have arranged a new way to tackle it. I need to reduce my running to 5 days easy from 7 days mix, capping the longer run at 60 minutes. This will get reviewed as time goes on, but I will have to pull back from any base plan for the time being. I'm under no illusion that I will probably have to reduce even more to advance. This works along side other exercises and so on. 30% on symptoms and 70% on why seems to be the plan of action.
    It is probably not the worst time to tackle this with no sign of racing soon, but at same time the running every day thing has been so good to clear the head. Any day I wont be running now, I will get on the bike. I know quite a few have suffered from this around these parts, so I'm happy to take any advice on board.

Sorry to hear the PF is affecting you so badly now. It's tough having any kind of injury that sets you back but as you said it should be less frustrating for you with no races coming up. It's good that you have the cycling to fall back on, at least that will be your way to get your headspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Thats rough, sorry to hear about your woes. Be patient all I can say. I've been there a few times with a injury you think you can manage but it gets progressively worse. The most recent was in the summer 2020 with a similar injury. When things are going good and you feel strong the last thing you want to do is cut back on your running. You won't get the same enjoyment out of it but try to use the time you should be running to add some S&C and other things that will help you in the long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

MY BAD wrote: »
    Thats rough, sorry to hear about your woes. Be patient all I can say. I've been there a few times with a injury you think you can manage but it gets progressively worse. The most recent was in the summer 2020 with a similar injury. When things are going good and you feel strong the last thing you want to do is cut back on your running. You won't get the same enjoyment out of it but try to use the time you should be running to add some S&C and other things that will help you in the long term.

Excellent advice.

The S&C is mind numbingly boring but the pay off is substantial and keeps a bit of discipline going.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Tennis ball rolling(or a golf ball if you’re sadistic), calf drops off the stairs and foam rolling D. I suffer from it on and off and the above normally sorts me.

The first time I got it(2012) on both feet was the worst, spent 4/5 months laid up with it. I got laser treatment a few times on the feet and that made a big difference for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Sorry to hear this D. I'm afraid I can't offer much in terms of constructive advice seeing as I am still walking a tightrope. All the exercises/stretches etc are well known to everyone and I'm sure your physio is best placed to advise on what you need. Best of luck with the treatment.

Thats Crap D! On the brightside it sounds like you can still run, albeit not as much or the way you want to.

True that Physio has probably said it all to you. I'd suggest running every other day and do S&C between. Use this time to strengthen your core. The Youtube
    The Running Channel has plenty that isn't mad stuff you see from top runners on You Tube.

Cheers all. S+C makes perfect sense. I did my first proper 30 mins of it this afternoon along with a 30 min cycle. I'll master that plank yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Nothing to add to the other inputs so far other than that's sh*te...plain and simple...frustrating. Only thing to add Younganne on Boards has been through years of plantar so her log is worth a look.

Nothing to add to the other inputs so far other than that's sh*te...plain and simple...frustrating. Only thing to add Younganne on Boards has been through years of plantar so her log is worth a look.

I have avoided it because I'm trying to turn a blind eye to the fact it's often years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I have avoided it because I'm trying to turn a blind eye to the fact it's often years :(

Yeah I get you.......and I wont follow up with other examples of a couple of buddies of mine..There's obviously good news stories too. Is it a myth that certain shoes can help? Thought i had seen kellygirl have success with Hoka?

Yeah I get you.......and I wont follow up with other examples of a couple of buddies of mine..There's obviously good news stories too. Is it a myth that certain shoes can help? Thought i had seen kellygirl have success with Hoka?

There are plenty of theories for the cause, one of which is shoes. Likewise people have found relief in many ways, one of which is shoes. :pac:

There are plenty of theories for the cause, one of which is shoes. Likewise people have found relief in many ways, one of which is shoes. :pac:

Carbon plates just to walk to the shop :(

Carbon plates just to walk to the shop :(

Funnily enough the new style of shoe is an issue that has been raised. Many of them reduce dorsiflexion which gives the benefit of less fatigue by reducing the work that the calf does. There are questions ( which will only be answered over time) as to whether other links in the chain are being asked to do too much to compensate....

Funnily enough the new style of shoe is an issue that has been raised. Many of them reduce dorsiflexion which gives the benefit of less fatigue by reducing the work that the calf does. There are questions ( which will only be answered over time) as to whether other links in the chain are being asked to do too much to compensate....

Interesting.. For me, I've no doubt my previous knee issues are linked too. All my injuries are on the same right side. Certain muscles are working harder than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭ariana`

Interesting.. For me, I've no doubt my previous knee issues are linked too. All my injuries are on the same right side. Certain muscles are working harder than others.

I'm the very same. All my injuries occur on my right side. A simple test such as balancing on one leg makes it blatantly clear that my left leg is stronger. The cure I believe is to do a lot of single leg strengthening exercises to make sure you are isolating and working that weaker side, otherwise the stronger side will just compensate so lots of single leg squats etc.

ariana` wrote: »
    I'm the very same. All my injuries occur on my right side. A simple test such as balancing on one leg makes it blatantly clear that my left leg is stronger. The cure I believe is to do a lot of single leg strengthening exercises to make sure you are isolating and working that weaker side, otherwise the stronger side will just compensate so lots of single leg squats etc.

Thanks good advice. I'd imagine a slow-mo of my gait would look like a horror film.

I wasn’t going to bother with updates on the log as long as I just ticking away with easy miles. I will give it a go though as it may help with the motivation.

There is not much to mention in terms of running. I did around 20 miles last week and will be something similar over 4 days this week. I added a nice little progress 5 mile run on Wednesday getting down to MP with relative comfort. I’m suppose to keep it easy but that was a frustrating working day and it was either that or open a bottle of whiskey.

There has been a little bit more comfort with the foot when walking this week. I’m not sure if that’s simply down to the fact I’m running less at the minute. It could potentially be down to a few things. There is a notable difference how it feels depending on the footwear I wear running or walking. I’m now wearing a new fancy pair of cushioned slippers around the house all the time. I disliked the pegaus37 for running because they felt too tight on my feet. It took me nearly 150 miles to realise they were not helping. I should have gone a half size up or got the wider fit. They have now been retired to an everyday walking shoe and they bring me comfort doing this.

Since I don’t have much in terms of a running update , I’ll share something else

I was clearing some junk out of my parents home about a year ago and I came across a programme of a soccer tournament I was involved in when I was in 6th year in school. It was great reading it back at the time. I bumped into a teammate from that recently and it got me thinking about it again. With the crap times we are currently living in, It was good thinking of happier times.

I was very fortunate to be part of my school team in 5th and 6th year. We won every game domestically bar one In 2 years which was a final in 1999. The nucleus of the team had won 2 All Irelands over two age groups, I was part of one, although spent most my time on the bench for that title due to 2 very prolific forwards mentioned in the link below. One went on to have a decade playing in the League of Ireland and scored in Europe against some good sides.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/st-benildus-favourites-1.156908

By winning the under 16 All Ireland title in 1998, we some how qualified to play in a schools world cup In Sardinia the following year. If you have read Champagne Football recently, you will know the FAI were never going to be easy to deal with. We had raised huge amount of money through fund raisers to pay for the trip. We were not under the remit of the FAI but we had reached out for some support considering we would be representing Ireland on an International stage. 1998 was the year Ireland won under 16 and under 18 European championship so there was a good feel about underage football at the time.

After some false promises and lack of engagement we were eventually supplied a home Ireland kit and an hour of coaching to prepare for tournament life. No away kit, tracksuits or even footballs – I wonder how Saipan ever happened 3 years later :rolleyes:

The late great Noel O Reilly, who was Brian Kerrs assistant took us for that hour and it was a nice experience. I remember him telling us whenever you are not playing, lie down as much as possible to recover. He mentioned that Damien Duff took this to the max and had to be woken up before evening matches.

The tournament itself was brilliant and has some wonderful memories. There were 24 teams in it. Two South American countries had to withdraw very late(I think) and were replaced by Luxembourg and a 2nd Italian Team. Neither faired very well. We finished 15th as every team played off for the positions as you will see in link below. I believe we were the 2nd highest finishing actual school team in it(citation needed). The majority of the teams were football school academy’s.

The South Africans were the best team we came up against. They all attended the school of excellence. Most of their players were linked to Ajax Capetown who were at the time a feeder club for Ajaz Amsterdam. Quite a few of them went on to play for Ajax. One of them was a small silky midfielder with big dreadlocks that went by the name of future Everton and Spurs player Steven Pienaar(I only found this out a couple of years later when looking back at the programme).

There are levels in every sport and after 15 minutes of playing in this game, we knew we were not on the same level as this side. We kept the scoreline respectable and only lost 2 nil. We had two players sent off though for excessive fouling and I also picked up a yellow for cutting down Pienaar at one stage. I had just broken into the starting team and this was a baptism of fire. There were a few from that team ended up been part of the South African 2010 World Cup squad.

We finished the group of well by beating a strong Hungary side 3-0. I scored 2 goals in that game I can describe every single bit of detail of those 2 goals 22 years later.

I was rewarded with the Captaincy against Nigeria. I get goose bumps thinking about walking a team out with the captains armband over the sleeve of an Irish Jersey. My father made the trip for the jolly up as much as anything, but I’ll never forget the proud look on his face at that moment when I caught his eye in the crowd. We lost the game but it was very hot morning and it suited them better than us.

The brutal nature of this tournament is that we had to play again that evening against China. A few of us had a bit Tommy Coyne moment that day in terms of dehydration. Our very last match was our best performance. We were playing the Italians close to the hometown of Gianfranco Zola I believe. We arrived to the ground which I’d say is similar in size to Rovers ground in Tallaght. One stand was full of Primary school kids that were given the time off school to watch the match. I remember seeing some Chelsea Zola jerseys. We only had our white away kits which we had designed ourselves with us. We had played in the home Irish kit the previous day. That kit was in the wash. The Italians were in the same boat though and also only had their white away kit. After some moments of kerfuffle, we decided to wear the local clubs jerseys much to the delight of all the kids in the crowds. I think the islanders were already looking for an excuse to cheer against the mainlanders and now they had it.

We managed to win the game 5-1. A couple of us may have kissed the crest of the jersey on scoring to get the full backing from the locals:pac:

It is pretty surreal looking back. It’s a pity the internet hadn’t really taken off yet as I’d have some proper websites, stats , etc to look back on.

http://www.rsssf.com/tablesi/isf99.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

That’s deadly D, some great memories re-told there. Not to many can say they have represented their country on an International stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I wasn’t going to bother with updates on the log as long as I just ticking away with easy miles. I will give it a go though as it may help with the motivation.

There is not much to mention in terms of running. I did around 20 miles last week and will be something similar over 4 days this week. I added a nice little progress 5 mile run on Wednesday getting down to MP with relative comfort. I’m suppose to keep it easy but that was a frustrating working day and it was either that or open a bottle of whiskey.

There has been a little bit more comfort with the foot when walking this week. I’m not sure if that’s simply down to the fact I’m running less at the minute. It could potentially be down to a few things. There is a notable difference how it feels depending on the footwear I wear running or walking. I’m now wearing a new fancy pair of cushioned slippers around the house all the time. I disliked the pegaus37 for running because they felt too tight on my feet. It took me nearly 150 miles to realise they were not helping. I should have gone a half size up or got the wider fit. They have now been retired to an everyday walking shoe and they bring me comfort doing this.

Since I don’t have much in terms of a running update , I’ll share something else

I was clearing some junk out of my parents home about a year ago and I came across a programme of a soccer tournament I was involved in when I was in 6th year in school. It was great reading it back at the time. I bumped into a teammate from that recently and it got me thinking about it again. With the crap times we are currently living in, It was good thinking of happier times.

I was very fortunate to be part of my school team in 5th and 6th year. We won every game domestically bar one In 2 years which was a final in 1999. The nucleus of the team had won 2 All Irelands over two age groups, I was part of one, although spent most my time on the bench for that title due to 2 very prolific forwards mentioned in the link below. One went on to have a decade playing in the League of Ireland and scored in Europe against some good sides.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/st-benildus-favourites-1.156908

By winning the under 16 All Ireland title in 1998, we some how qualified to play in a schools world cup In Sardinia the following year. If you have read Champagne Football recently, you will know the FAI were never going to be easy to deal with. We had raised huge amount of money through fund raisers to pay for the trip. We were not under the remit of the FAI but we had reached out for some support considering we would be representing Ireland on an International stage. 1998 was the year Ireland won under 16 and under 18 European championship so there was a good feel about underage football at the time.

After some false promises and lack of engagement we were eventually supplied a home Ireland kit and an hour of coaching to prepare for tournament life. No away kit, tracksuits or even footballs – I wonder how Saipan ever happened 3 years later :rolleyes:

The late great Noel O Reilly, who was Brian Kerrs assistant took us for that hour and it was a nice experience. I remember him telling us whenever you are not playing, lie down as much as possible to recover. He mentioned that Damien Duff took this to the max and had to be woken up before evening matches.

The tournament itself was brilliant and has some wonderful memories. There were 24 teams in it. Two South American countries had to withdraw very late(I think) and were replaced by Luxembourg and a 2nd Italian Team. Neither faired very well. We finished 15th as every team played off for the positions as you will see in link below. I believe we were the 2nd highest finishing actual school team in it(citation needed). The majority of the teams were football school academy’s.

The South Africans were the best team we came up against. They all attended the school of excellence. Most of their players were linked to Ajax Capetown who were at the time a feeder club for Ajaz Amsterdam. Quite a few of them went on to play for Ajax. One of them was a small silky midfielder with big dreadlocks that went by the name of future Everton and Spurs player Steven Pienaar(I only found this out a couple of years later when looking back at the programme).

There are levels in every sport and after 15 minutes of playing in this game, we knew we were not on the same level as this side. We kept the scoreline respectable and only lost 2 nil. We had two players sent off though for excessive fouling and I also picked up a yellow for cutting down Pienaar at one stage. I had just broken into the starting team and this was a baptism of fire. There were a few from that team ended up been part of the South African 2010 World Cup squad.

We finished the group of well by beating a strong Hungary side 3-0. I scored 2 goals in that game I can describe every single bit of detail of those 2 goals 22 years later.

I was rewarded with the Captaincy against Nigeria. I get goose bumps thinking about walking a team out with the captains armband over the sleeve of an Irish Jersey. My father made the trip for the jolly up as much as anything, but I’ll never forget the proud look on his face at that moment when I caught his eye in the crowd. We lost the game but it was very hot morning and it suited them better than us.

The brutal nature of this tournament is that we had to play again that evening against China. A few of us had a bit Tommy Coyne moment that day in terms of dehydration. Our very last match was our best performance. We were playing the Italians close to the hometown of Gianfranco Zola I believe. We arrived to the ground which I’d say is similar in size to Rovers ground in Tallaght. One stand was full of Primary school kids that were given the time off school to watch the match. I remember seeing some Chelsea Zola jerseys. We only had our white away kits which we had designed ourselves with us. We had played in the home Irish kit the previous day. That kit was in the wash. The Italians were in the same boat though and also only had their white away kit. After some moments of kerfuffle, we decided to wear the local clubs jerseys much to the delight of all the kids in the crowds. I think the islanders were already looking for an excuse to cheer against the mainlanders and now they had it.

We managed to win the game 5-1. A couple of us may have kissed the crest of the jersey on scoring to get the full backing from the locals:pac:

It is pretty surreal looking back. It’s a pity the internet hadn’t really taken off yet as I’d have some proper websites, stats , etc to look back on.

http://www.rsssf.com/tablesi/isf99.html

That's deadly. I would know a few lads involved on that team. Some experience and stories that the lads are still telling.

Great read there D, nice to reminisce on old memories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

I know nothing about football, unfortunately I do know something about PF :(. I'm on my second bout of it, the first was back in 2014 I think. Funny to see you mentioning the pegasus 37, this was the cause of my current wows too km almost certain. Started with Achilles pain, now it goes between Achilles & foot. Finally went to the physio yesterday and she said that Nike changed the pegaus 37 in a way that has your foot in a different position (can't remember exactly her words), she too had to ditch them.

Anyway, lots of foot and calf stretches for me and unholy pain when she dug her elbows into my calves yesterday. Best of luck with your recovery. Solutions vary from person to person along with the length of time it takes.

I know nothing about football, unfortunately I do know something about PF :(. I'm on my second bout of it, the first was back in 2014 I think. Funny to see you mentioning the pegasus 37, this was the cause of my current wows too km almost certain. Started with Achilles pain, now it goes between Achilles & foot. Finally went to the physio yesterday and she said that Nike changed the pegaus 37 in a way that has your foot in a different position (can't remember exactly her words), she too had to ditch them.

Anyway, lots of foot and calf stretches for me and unholy pain when she dug her elbows into my calves yesterday. Best of luck with your recovery. Solutions vary from person to person along with the length of time it takes.

Cheers for contributing and sorry to hear its playing up again. That is interesting about that shoe. I hadn't heard anyone else complain about them so thought I was half imagining it. I don't think it was the cause for me but it definitely wasn't helping. After about 20/30 minutes of running in them, the discomfort would begin in both feet.

Monday Feb 1st 5.15 Miles @ 8.05

A gentle enough lunchtime run around the area. Bumped into a friend on his walk at the midpoint of my run and stopped for a 10/15 mins chat. On getting going again, I felt a little bit of a reminder in the heel that niggled at me a little bit for the rest of the evening while doing some S+C.

Tuesday - No running

Any day I'm not running I'm doing an interval type session on the exercise bike along with S+C. I'm also doing my daily rehab stuff as part of the S+C. I don't like cycling for any distance on the exercise bike so keep it for harder stuff. I'll be getting out a bit more on the road bike now for a few longer easy cycles.

Wednesday

Run Up

I felt really fresh and nothing coming from the PF here. It was lunchtime, no wind and a clear enough sky. I reckoned it was the perfect time to tackle the Feb challenge. For me, that was running up to Fairy Castle in the Dublin Mountains. I was trying to figure the perfect starting point to gain as much elevation as possible. I ran about 6 minutes from my home then clicked the watch to start. I went up through Ticknock Forest as it has a steeper/shorter route than the more enjoyable Kilmashogue forest way. I hadn't been running much so felt relatively good(considering it was a mountain) all the way up. I had a good look at the watch and debated doing a rep or 2 at the penultimate summit where the Electricity masts are. I had a feeling I had started the run about 2 minutes to close to the mountain. The reason for potentially doing the reps there is the last part is just rocky and requires a lot of concentration of where you are putting your feet or you will roll the ankle. The thought of reps on the steepest part of the climb made me ignore that and kept climbing up the rocks towards the summit.
    I had up to 36.00 mins to do this and arrived at the top at approx 33.55 so had bout 2 mins of ridiculous looking reps around rocks and a narrow bridge. For folk who don't know it its like a suspended 18 inch wide bridge type structure(about 3 feet off the ground) around the top that you have to walk on. I was trying to rep up this while at the same time avoiding the 2 hiking couples that had arrived up from different sides at the same time. They were looking at me as if I had just escaped from some facility. Anyway I got to about 35.54 and stopped the watch and had a good scan of the views. Lovely clear day and could see right across Dublin

Run Down

I decided to go down the Kilmashogue way. I had to try and negotiate my way initially past a few hikers. Awkward in these times as its so narrow. I like to give an big "Excuse me" in advance to get attentions so it doesn't seem that I'm too close to them when they first see me. The odd person mistakes it for "look at this arrogant fella shouting for us to get out of the way" . Most understand and appreciate the advanced heads up once its done with a smile and big thanks. Anyway, once getting through the rocky part, I was descending down to the forest path and I was starting to feel the heel for the first time. Once I got on the main road out of the forest it was getting more noticeable. I always descend hovering over the brake - so to speak. I never let loose. Every time the heel struck the ground, I was feeling it and was causing me to grimace. I would have stopped but I needed to get back for work reasons.

It was initially fine when I got back but that evening and the next morning I couldn't really walk to tell the truth. Its only now I have a bit more comfort but I can still feel the pinch. Was due back at physio today anyway so in the course of it all he advised to listen to the body. 3 day running weeks and stop if any discomfort is the max for the time being. I'm under no illusions that these 3 day weeks may turn into 0 day weeks soon. I'm positive about keeping the fitness levels up and the longer evenings will help getting out walking/cycling etc for the time being too. Shogunmcos log from his injury period last year will be revisited now for tips.

I'm not sure if my injury recover is much to go by. I just focused frustration onto the mat and rower, and ignored most of my running shoes :cool:

The 2 main things I found when I went back running
    1. The engine was good - I got back faster than I expected and I've since beaten my Boards 5k TT, after just 2 months of consistency.
    2. I was more flexible, my core was stronger and my posture improved. As if I needed any reminders why S&C is necessary.

I'm not sure if my injury recover is much to go by. I just focused frustration onto the mat and rower, and ignored most of my running shoes :cool:

The 2 main things I found when I went back running
    1. The engine was good - I got back faster than I expected and I've since beaten my Boards 5k TT, after just 2 months of consistency.
    2. I was more flexible, my core was stronger and my posture improved. As if I needed any reminders why S&C is necessary.

Its exactly those two points I meant along with the attitude. If I rocked in the front door with a rower, I'd be shepherded straight out the back door with it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭BeginnerRunner

Its exactly those two points I meant along with the attitude. If I rocked in the front door with a rower, I'd be shepherded straight out the back door with it :pac:

You'd have a better chance of getting a replacement foot than you would a rower at the moment.

They're trading about 50% above standard retail price with a 12 week wait :eek:

I really enjoyed the SA football read. I'm a drumcondra lad and remember going on a trip with Stella back in the Tranmere days and playing against a random UK side when we were maybe 12/13 and even though we were playing (I think) Major back then, the gap was just enormous.

It's always nice to experience being around guys who are just on a different level.

• Advertisement

Not much happening over here on the running front.

3 short runs leading to my lowest weekly total of 11 miles since I starting logging. The PF is going nowhere at the moment. Its not as bad with the big decrease in volume but currently weighing up taking a full break now from running to progress things. This will be difficult for me especially initially with a few days off work next week(may delay it a week yet). All I want to do is get out running and there are days I feel great, so will have to try and fight the urge if I do take that route.

I have done about 200km on the exercise bike since the start of February to keep the insanity at bay :) I generally do 20km per ride(1km intervals). I'm doing the rehab exercises every day and S+C every other day at present. From every other avenue I'm in decent shape at the minute apart from the aul Achilles Heel.

Advertisement