Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Just Do It

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭ Swashbuckler

That was a super impressive run lad...Just goes to show the fitness is always lurking in there. Two decent race results in the past few weeks there.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ Lambay island

Cheers. The Clontarf half last week gave me an idea that there was a bit more there and inturn helped with race pace control for JB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭ Murph_D

On finishing, I spotted some chap hurl the railings and knock over an elderly lady who was looking after a child and a dog. The dog and child then became stranded from the lady as the crazed man seemed to chase them towards the road. The things you see at the end of a race 😃

It was a good bit later when I finished, but at that stage your man had the elderly woman on the ground in a headlock while the child's parents were desperately trying to pry him off. Poor dog was yapping helplessly at the shenanigans. The crazed man had on a black singlet and shorts, might be one of them anarchist types. It was really extraordinary stuff alright.

Nice racing!

I heard the man was choking the dog with a daisy chain he had assembled in a frenzy of viciousness and rage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭ healy1835

Limerick still in the works?

Potentially. I really need to make a call on that in the next 10 days actually. Good to see you back running.

😛 I'd hasten to call my current regime running.....but it's a start. You reckon you're in the right spot to start a marathon block now?

Right now no ...as I glare into my half empty glass of vino. Couple of weeks clean living and I wouldn't be a million miles away I hope. Not to tempt fate but I'm running injury free at the minute for the first time in quite a while. I even joined a club the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ E.coli

Fair play on the race man. I know not the official PB you wanted but look at it this way, that extra 0.3 will stand to you from a confidence persepctive for this week.

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭ Laineyfrecks

Well done D, very best of luck for Trim on Sunday!

I know what it feel likes to struggle on that Mile 5/6 stretch in Trim. Reading yourself and Wubble Wubble's reports brought it all flooding back to me. Great running though. Sub 60 is a big milestone so to be that close bodes well for the both the immediate and long term. You starting marathon block proper now? You're in for Bohermeen yeah?

This week J yeh.. Mileage wont be massive but I'll be concentrating on banking enough Long Runs with plenty of MP along with a midweek session. In for Bohermeen yeh and the matter of a potential XC in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭ ThebitterLemon

Savage effort over the last few miles. Well done

TbL

Sickener to miss out on the notional sub 60 but like you said it's more important you're back to previous shape. Great run man. Reading all these reports I don't think I'll be in any rush down there next year. Sounds rough.

To be fair you should. 10 mile is a great event IMO. I cant speak for Dungarvan but Trim is so well organised and a very fair route. The wild wind all weekend just made them that bit more difficult this time.

Oh dont get me wrong I love the ten mile distance but that's a few years now where I've heard the weather in Dungarvan was tricky. Plus there's a few decent ten milers around this neck of the woods rather than travelling. Dungarvan is a good 2hr drive from where I live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭ Dubh Geannain

Very well run. You came very strong at the end.

It looks like that group of runners at mile 9 was same group I pulled away from a mile earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ E.coli

Great running D. I know probably a bit gutted to be so close to the 60 but at the end of the day it’s an arbitrary round number and nothing more, 60.02 is just as impressive as 59.59. Great race all around man.

Cheers and I'm not too bothered missing out on it this time. Happy with how it went in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭ Laineyfrecks

Great running D, you are in great shape!

Thanks. Good to see you back on the roads. You will be flying again in no time no doubt!

Bad luck with the toe...Load it up with Arnicare cream constantly..it'll subside the bruising and swelling quickly.

As for the weather - oh I hear ya....I'm trying to use it to my advantage though - mental resilience and all that. Got pummeled by the wind for my session last night - partly down to a really bad route choice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement