Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

@RevenueIE tweeted at 12:36pm today:

“We are aware of intermittent issues with our online services. Some customers can access services without any problem. However, for some customers performance is slow and for others the service is unavailable. Our technical teams are currently working to resolve the issues.”

• Registered Users Posts: 68,070 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sono wrote: »
    Under payments due to TWSS will not be taken until 2022 and over 4 years so it’s not all bad if you do have an underpayment, you’ll barely even notice it.

Mines >3k. I'll notice that.

My employer was chancing their arm claiming it at all - they were not sufficiently down in income except maybe for a few weeks, and there were zero affordability issues for them. So I'm considering this a failure to pay my contracted salary.

Workplace Relations Commission if they don't pony up; and I'm sure Revenue would be interested in the overall claim!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Kevwoody wrote: »
    What kind of message do you need? It's pretty obvious the site is down, do you really need it spelt out for you? And if this is the kind of thing that gets you stressed out, you really need to relax!

Numerous people have posted about substantial underpayments. Others (like myself) are nervously waiting to see if they're due a refund, which can make a huge difference to someone's economic situation.

Money isn't a stressor for you - great. But for some of us, it is, and this balancing statement is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,963 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Numerous people have posted about substantial underpayments. Others (like myself) are nervously waiting to see if they're due a refund, which can make a huge difference to someone's economic situation.

Money isn't a stressor for you - great. But for some of us, it is, and this balancing statement is important.

Well said :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Still staying “after January 15th”
    Just want to know at this point

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Mines >3k. I'll notice that.

My employer was chancing their arm claiming it at all - they were not sufficiently down in income except maybe for a few weeks, and there were zero affordability issues for them. So I'm considering this a failure to pay my contracted salary.

Workplace Relations Commission if they don't pony up; and I'm sure Revenue would be interested in the overall claim!

3k, OMG, that's alot, I'm no expert but reporting suggested the max would be around €2.5k albeit I appreciate every situation different, sorry to hear this.

I've still nothing to look at, I'm assuming they are releasing statements in batches albeit I see from an earlier post SOME PAYE may not see anything until Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dempo1 wrote: »

I've still nothing to look at, I'm assuming they are releasing statements in batches albeit I see from an earlier post SOME PAYE may not see anything until Monday

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 stupidskin

Dempo1 wrote: »
    3k, OMG, that's alot, I'm no expert but reporting suggested the max would be around €2.5k albeit I appreciate every situation different, sorry to hear this.

There was no email in the notifications but if you went into review the year 2020 you get an option to review statement of liability and the amount owed was contained in there, I can't see it exactly now as the page is now 404.. Not found due to the amount of traffic I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I have nothing under my documents yet, part of me doesn't want to know at this stage

stupidskin wrote: »
    There was no email in the notifications but if you went into review the year 2020 you get an option to review statement of liability and the amount owed was contained in there, I can't see it exactly now as the page is now 404.. Not found due to the amount of traffic I suspect.

Thanks, I assumed it was in my documents? I didn't see the option to review statement of Liability but will take another look in the AM early, I'm anxious not to use up log in attempts, not sure if there's a limit per day, i get in using mygovid.

• Advertisement

SAMTALK wrote: »
    I have nothing under my documents yet, part of me doesn't want to know at this stage

I hear you :)

Just managed to get in again. I was able to see it via here:

goto this Review your tax 2017 - 2020

then this

Statement of Liability
    View your Preliminary End of Year Statement for 2020 based on Revenue’s records.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,844 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

then this

Statement of Liability
    View your Preliminary End of Year Statement for 2020 based on Revenue’s records.

Did you get any email notification to say it's available?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭siblers

then this

Statement of Liability

I don't have that option.

On the off chance I get some money back, how long does it roughly take to go into the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

then this

Statement of Liability

Mine just says it will be available after 15th... I wouldn't mind I got tax return as soon it was available.

no. nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Still waiting on mine too. Like others, I am getting the message

We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available after 15th January.

I also expected it to be available today. But reading the language above it is now clear to me that there is no indication of when it might be released, just that it is sometime after today.

Whereas some people got their today, I think the majority will start to come in over the days/week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Sono

I fully expected everyone to be able to view theirs today, strange some can see their statement and others(myself included) getting the processing request message.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

There are two statements:

Preliminary Statement of Liability: available 15 Jan for all employees. Shows provisional tax positions for informational purposes.

Statement of Liability: tax return required and only availabile from 18 Jan onwards. Shows final year position and refund/repayment.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/communications/eoy-information-for-employers-and-employees/important-dates-for-year-end-2020.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Mine still says will be available after 15th January.

No PUP etc on mine, just usual medical expenses and bits and pieces, so I'm expecting a refund. Submitted my return on 1st January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

then this

Statement of Liability

Thank you, mine isn't available here yet unfortunately....still processing. Would be helpful for the January bills, oh well, not going to hold my breath now for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

I wonder if those of us who completed a tax return for 2020 before today are unable to access our statement of liability yet?

Ours wouldn’t be a preliminary report since we completed our returns.

Most here are saying they received a preliminary report which would be the case if a tax return wasn’t completed I assume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Good to see my thread going strong! :D

I'm going to have another underpayment this year as I needed to add additional incomes. With all the checks and balances last year I had an underpayment of about €1700, expecting it to be a little bit higher this year.

My main thing is to ensure I don't hit any checks. I do have everything in order but good to know all the same.

natc wrote: »
    I wonder if those of us who completed a tax return for 2020 before today are unable to access our statement of liability yet?

Ours wouldn’t be a preliminary report since we completed our returns.

Most here are saying they received a preliminary report which would be the case if a tax return wasn’t completed I assume?

That's what I'm thinking too, so Monday then?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Did you get any email notification to say it's available?

A notification does not go out to my documents to say it is available.

On your Amended Tax Credit Certificate a section was included stating:

Preliminary End of Year Statement

On 15 January 2021, Revenue will make your preliminary end of year statement available in myAccount in respect of 2020. You can view this under “Review your tax 2017-2020” in PAYE Services in MyAccount.

It also explains how you can submit a tax return if your preliminary end of year statement shows you have an overpayment of tax, or you want to claim additional credits or reliefs.

Tzardine wrote: »
    Still waiting on mine too. Like others, I am getting the message

We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available after 15th January.

Yeah and they have the same bug as last year where is shows "Available" but get this when trying to view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Probably a stupid question but how do you pay it back? Is it taken out of your wages week by week or will they be looking for a lump sum?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

den87 wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but how do you pay it back? Is it taken out of your wages week by week or will they be looking for a lump sum?

Your credits are reduced slightly over a period of 2 to 3 years to recover the outstanding amount.

den87 wrote: »

There's an option to pay it in a lump sum via your revenue online, or they will start taking it via income tax (I think) from January 2022 over 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I just checked my 2019 tax return (forgot to submit it last year). I'm owed 700 quid.

Not bad,

Advertisement